CONTEST: Who had better arguments with Ash, Misty or Iris?

View Poll Results: Who had better arguments with Ash?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Misty

45 83.33%
  • Iris

3 5.56%
  • I don't like any arguments with Ash

6 11.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Who had better arguments with Ash, Misty or Iris?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Who had better arguments with Ash, Misty or Iris?

Unlike May and Dawn, who generally got along with Ash and only argued with him in a select few episodes, both Misty and Iris generally made it a habit to argue and badger Ash.

Misty and Ash got into petty squabbles all throughout the early seasons. Although this stopped in Johto due to Togepi toning down Misty's character and Johto's writing being shot, we still had some of it like in the Totodile episode.

Meanwhile in BW, Iris constantly calls Ash a kid and berates him.

Whose arguments with Ash were more enjoyable?
    Last edited by Iteru; 14th September 2011 at 12:15 PM.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Who had better arguments with Ash, Misty or Iris?

Im going to say Misty.Their bickering and disagreements over several things was always fun to watch with both always trying to prove being better than another trying to put themselves in better light.This can be especially noticed whenever there was something at stake(like battling for Togepi,in Cerulean gym,for Totodile or in Whirl Cup) with some sort of competitive fire always being present between Ash and Misty.
    However in many situations Misty arguing was justified due to Ash being immature rookie making various mistakes with her criticism having purpose of helping him to grow as trainer and put him down on earth when he reacted impulsively becoming full of himself getting him out of trouble.

With Iris while she tends to tease Ash and be cynical at times its usually done in more subtle manner acting more like evaluator than his coach or mentor.Not to mention Ash doesnt react so much impulsively to Iris critics like he used with Misty with there simply lacking spark between them.However i gather how because of being more mature he learned how to handle criticism better explaining why Iris picking isnt achieving same result.

Also for record,in Johto Misty didnt argued so often with Ash like she used in early days but she still teased Ash quit a lot being cynical about it.From violent outbursts teasing changed in more subtle picking on with more smart alec jokes and sarcasm being used instead which was quite fun to watch providing different kind of conflict.
    Reason was because her character started to mature/grow becoming more level headed and tolerant over time.She was still spunky trying to put her point across but in less violent way.
    This can be best noticed in her recent cameos where she still likes to be cynical and playfully tease Ash being stubborn at some things with only difference being that she isnt berserk so much anymore.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 14th September 2011 at 12:38 PM.
    Cascada likes this.

Blog Entries

This isn't even a contest. At least Ash was responsive to Misty's criticism. With Iris, Ash really doesn't seem like he gives a shit 90% of the time. He has more of a "whatever" mentality with her. Besides, how many arguemtns have Iris, and Ash had? Like two or three in 40 something episodes? Compared to the several Misty, and Ash had by this point.

Happy 4th of July :3 PokemonLotty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is this even a question? Misty, obviously. The entire reason for their shipping popularity and just their friendship and chemistry in general was the bickering, it was what they were known for. Even if you compare Misty up to like episode 50, to be fair to how many episodes Iris has had, Misty totally slaughters her in that aspect of the show.
    Please read and review my fanfic, The Very Best Like No One Ever Was:
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/my-first-fanfiction-pokemon-ashs-father-97505/

Here's my fanfiction profile:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2575363/pokemonfangirl4

Patientlly awaiting the airing of TR vs. TP special...

For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Remember to take the shipping talk to its respective forum, guys.

In response to the OP, I really don't think either character had justifiable arguments towards Satoshi. But at least with Kasumi the humor was typically lighthearted, slapstick, and fun whereas typically with Iris it's grating and hypocritical. The bickering with Kasumi is waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy more entertaining though.

Blog Entries

Follow Egghatch on Tumblr Visit Egghatch's Youtube Channel

I don't like arguments with Ash, but at least when Misty argued with him, he actually responded, and she said something besides, "You're such a kid!"
    Last edited by Egghatch; 14th September 2011 at 03:57 PM.
    Floop.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Paul. /end thread

At least Misty seemed a bit...sorry for all the trouble she caused Ash, which I think made it a bit more bearable in the long run. Iris on the other hand is merciless :P If Ash responded to Iris the way he did for Misty, I think it'd be a bit more entertaining.

For the record, neither really appealed to me that much since their squabbles never really led anywhere, but if I HAD to choose...Misty.

"seasons change, people change"

Registered User GameCubeController's Avatar

I'd say Iris. There's just something I like about seeing her interact with Ash.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Just a reminder to all that because this is a Contest hall style thread, you must state your reasons for your choices as to not simply repeat what's in the poll.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

I say Misty, because for one thing, Ash actually reciprocated and argued back, which made it more entertaining. With Iris, it's not really that they argue but that Iris likes to tease Ash, but what takes away from that being entertaining is that Ash never fights back like he did with Misty. If he did than I'd probably have a harder time deciding.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egghatch View Post
    I don't like arghuements with Ash, but at least when Misty argued with him, he actually responded, and she said something besides, "You're such a kid!"
    Not to mention both sides made sense and had points and realistic motives. Iris just comes of a whiner who needs to respect Ash's authority.

Misty: WTF is wrong with you Ash you need to think things thru
    Ash: I'm just trying to accomplish my goals and I believe in my Pokemon. If I over think things I will lose connection with the world around me including my pokemon.
    vs
    Iris: You're stupid Ash
    Ash: Oh Iris you so crazyyyyyyy
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    At least Misty seemed a bit...sorry for all the trouble she caused Ash, which I think made it a bit more bearable in the long run. Iris on the other hand is merciless :P If Ash responded to Iris the way he did for Misty, I think it'd be a bit more entertaining.
    Misty wasn't merciless? She would physically harm Ash with anything she could grab. Misty was just as bad as Iris is now, except the latter isn't physical. But that's what made the former more entertaining.
    martianmister and Caseydia like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Misty wasn't merciless? She would physically harm Ash with anything she could grab. Misty was just as bad as Iris is now, except the latter isn't physical. But that's what made the former more entertaining.
    I think Piggy meant Misty overall seemed to feel more remorse for her actions toward Ash, not every time she'd poke fun at him. Iris doesn't seem to feel bad at all for teasing him, but it's understandable since he isn't very responsive to her, anyways...

As for the poll, I choose Misty since she at least got a reaction from Ash whenever she'd tease him; at least that way, it shows he cares for what she thinks of him where with Iris, it's like, "Cool story, bro."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    Paul. /end thread
    This XD

Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish View Post
    I say Misty, because for one thing, Ash actually reciprocated and argued back, which made it more entertaining.
    That pretty much sums up my opinion on the topic. Misty's argument with Ash are automatically better because... well... they actually argued. There's no reciprocicty in the Ash/Iris dynamics, and it's a two-way street. Ash isn't affected by anything that Iris does or says, never angered or annoyed, there's no back and forth, but even with Iris, she says Ash is a kid, but there's no real connection. She's not affected by it the way that Misty seemed to be personally bothered by Ash's mistakes and equally responsive to Ash's good points.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Ash/Iris arguments are more subdued than Ash/Misty, but that's only because Misty was a more aggressive and "loud" character at the beginning.

Also, Iris doesn't really have a temper, so I guess that's why her arguments don't really feel like "arguments" to most people. She's more of a...mocker I guess?

I suppose Ash/Misty's was more entertaining, even if they died down in Johto.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast