CONTEST: What's your favorite Opening? (English) - Page 3

View Poll Results: What's your favorite Opening? (English)

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pokémon Theme

20 25.64%
  • Pokémon World

1 1.28%
  • Pokémon Johto

14 17.95%
  • Born to Be a Winner

9 11.54%
  • Believe in Me

4 5.13%
  • I Wanna Be a Hero

1 1.28%
  • This Dream

5 6.41%
  • Unbeatable

10 12.82%
  • Battle Frontier

4 5.13%
  • Diamond and Pearl

2 2.56%
  • We Will Be Heroes

2 2.56%
  • Battle Cry - (Stand Up!)

2 2.56%
  • We Will Carry On!

2 2.56%
  • Black and White

2 2.56%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your favorite Opening? (English)

Default Re: What's your favorite Opening? (English)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    I vaguely remember talking about this in a similar thread made years ago, but if I had to pick one, then I'd go for This Dream. Might be kind of an unusual pick for a 4Kids song but I actually liked how it sounded a tad more somber and serious than the songs before (and after) it. At least it seemed that way to me; after the "PO-KE-MON!!" at the very start, it was a much more toned-down beat that gradually brought itself up over time. I guess arguably the original theme had a similar premise, but I've actually gotten sick of the original theme, oh deary me how could I. I haven't gotten sick of the rest from the 4Kids era, though. Unbeatable, Born to be a Winner, Pokemon Johto, and Pokemon World are among my favorites as well. Oddly enough the themes I've liked the least have been from the end of each respective series (excluding Black & White, how weird); IMO Believe in Me, Battle Frontier, and We Will Carry On all kinda suck compared to the themes preceding them in their respective series... they all either carry on some beat that sounds enough like a Pokemon song but doesn't stand out enough for me or sound just plain lazy. Or both. Maybe, possibly, Saikou Everyday! being so awesome made We Will Carry On suck more than it normally would have. I just know even now it's hard for me to listen to and accept that as the end of Diamond & Pearl's song. Hell, I've even gotten adjusted to Diamond & Pearl purely for the lulz. :P

It's a pity the TCPi songs can't be as long as 4Kids (and I'm pretty convinced it's because of the network + advertising that's forced them to cut the OPs down so much); I actually enjoy We Will Be Heroes and Battle Cry - (Stand Up!)... and a couple of the Black & White songs beyond the first one, forget what their names are.

If I had to pick a favorite from the TCPi era, it would probably be Battle Cry - (Stand Up!) or the current Black & White theme (I happen to like the cheesy "oh-oh!" chorus :P). But This Dream still trumps everything.
    From the 4Kids era, mostly agreed, and Chronicles is my worst of their efforts, with Advanced in second place (though I do like Advanced). Suprisingly I find Jason Paige's Pokemon Theme overrated, but I do really love it, even if I am kind of sick of it like you.

This Dream from Advanced Challenge was also my favorite of the AG ones, and it's my second favorite out of all the intros. Like you I feel it has a very nice somber and dark tone that meshes in well with the tone of the song. My favorite, Johto Journeys, has a starkly different tone: a very upbeat and happy tone that meshes in well with the adventure feeling of the song.

I couldn't agree more with you on the TPCi era intros. Pretty much word for word how I feel on them (except personally I like Black and White more than Rival Destinies, and I'm NEVER going to used to the first Diamond and Pearl intro).

Both of my favorite intros come from the 4Kids era, though (for me, 3 and 7).
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 4th August 2013 at 11:10 AM.

Registered User charizardmaster125's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I voted Unbeatable because it was the best song to be produced by John Seigler and David Rolfe and it got an awesome remix in Movie 8 and I'm glad that 4Kids went out on a high while they had the chance.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic58355_1.gif

When Ash's Charizard gives you a thumb's up, you know that he'll be back soon!

I was torn, obviously the original is an icon and is recognized throughout the world simply as "The Pokemon Theme." But as I knew most votes would go for that I voted for The Johto Journeys. So happy and uplifting.

My favorites are

1. The first Pokemon theme
    2. Pokemon World
    3. Battle Frontier

I chose the Battle frontier because while it's short it has a lot of meaning in it.

Check out my tumblr!

Fanfiction <- Please read and review if you like?

Quote Originally Posted by charizardmaster125 View Post
    I voted Unbeatable because it was the best song to be produced by John Seigler and David Rolfe and it got an awesome remix in Movie 8 and I'm glad that 4Kids went out on a high while they had the chance.
    It's a really good intro at any rate. Not my favorite of David Rolfe's, but definitely one of his finest performances.

Pokemon xy. it's an epic remix of the first song.
    If you can't take the heat,
    Don't get a Charizard.

Blog Entries

Tie between the original and Pokemon Johto.

Y'all know the original, right? Well I like it more in movie form:

And Pokemon Johto in both movie and TV:

I like them because they have a very modern feel to them, and it just makes me love Pokemon even more.

Blog Entries

Do the movie adaptions count?
    A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
    -William Penn

The original, Johtoh, and This Dream (particularly the extended fan version on Youtube) are my favorites.

I also like the DP Rap for cheese value, it cracks me up.

Kinda funny how in the 90s they made an 80s pump-up rock song for the original theme, and then in the 00s they made an early 90s rap for the first DP theme.

Follow eryyy on Tumblr

This is hard to say, I guess I'll have to go with Unbeatable. It's such a catchy song and I just love it.

The original, they're actually taking it seriously - "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was" - that's quite a strong opening line & while the XY remix is great, you can't beat that nostalgia value.

I also like Pokemon Johto because it's such fun.

Blog Entries

The original theme song because it has so much nostalgic value and I do not want to sound cheesy but I will remember this song even after im long gone from this plane of existence.
    I am one of the dark things that crawled out of the Pit

Blog Entries

Pokemon! Gotta catch 'em aaaaall!

C'mon, if it weren't for the first song, I don't think this phrase would be half as iconic as it is now. That song is what Pikachu became: an icon of the franchise. Plus, I have to admit, it's fun to sing along to. And nostalgia feels.
    3DS Friend Code: 3136-7234-1327
    Y: Black
    Alpha Sapphire: Terminus

Claimer of the Keyblade, the Wabbajack, Phoenix Down, Lucina, the Silver Bow, and Roxas.

My favorites:

Pokemon Theme
    Johto Journeys
    Born to be a Winner
    Master Quest
    I Wanna be a Hero
    This Dream
    Unbeatable
    We Will be Heroes
    Battle Cry! (Stand Up!)
    Rival Destinies
    It's Always You and Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalos Adventurer
    Gotta give the credit card a break at some point.
    Credits for the current Profile Picture go to the amazing BlueSoul of Pixiv

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123