CONTEST: Tranquill, Scraggy, Swadloon, Palpitoad or Boldore? Which do you prefer with Ash?

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer with Ash?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tranquill and Scraggy

13 28.26%
  • Tranquill and Swadloon

1 2.17%
  • Tranquill and Palpitoad

3 6.52%
  • Tranquill and Boldore

0 0%
  • Scraggy and Swadloon

1 2.17%
  • Scraggy and Palpitoad

14 30.43%
  • Scraggy and Boldore

8 17.39%
  • Swadloon and Palpitoad

4 8.70%
  • Swadloon and Boldore

0 0%
  • Palpitoad and Bolbore

2 4.35%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Tranquill, Scraggy, Swadloon, Palpitoad or Boldore? Which do you prefer with Ash?

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

Default Tranquill, Scraggy, Swadloon, Palpitoad or Boldore? Which do you prefer with Ash?

These are the Pokemon we've called Ash's reserves (despite us knowing that he sends the starters to juniper from BW050)
    And yes I do count Scraggy as a reserve, he may be the most developed but his appearance count is still way low with up to 12 episodes difference.
    Indeed Scraggy, along with Tranquill and Palpitoad have a second class appearance rate to the starters and both Swadloon and Roggenrola/Boldore can easily be forrgotten, but who is the best character? Who has the most potential?

And if Ash was going to have only 6 Pokemon this series as usual, which two of these would you like him to have alongside Pikachu, Oshawott, Tepig and Snivy?
    Last edited by Aestivate; 26th November 2011 at 01:02 AM.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tranquill, Scraggy, Swadloon, Palpitoad or Boldore? Which do you prefer with Ash?

Scraggy is clearly the most important and it's developed similar to Gliscor, Glalie and Donphan. Palpitoad is fine.

The bird and bug are a waste. After Swellow and Stâraptor Ash didn't need another generic bird. The bug is pointless.

After how badly developed Ash's Johto team was I never thought we'd see a team handled even worse but here we are. And I thought things couldn't possibly get worse than the way the Johto team was handled a decade ago.
    El_ likes this.

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Tranquill, Scraggy, Swadloon, Palpitoad or Boldore? Which do you prefer with Ash?

I would have stuck with Tranquill and Scraggy, mabye Boldore, you'd hope if it was only a team of 6 they'd all get more equal screentime and development.

By the way I added a poll.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Scraggy is easily the best of the bunch. Pretty much ties with Snivy as the best overall of the BW team.

Palpitoad has earned some merit as of late, so I guess I'll choose it even though I'm not really sure if it's an ideal species for Ash to have. Anything bulky is suspect to me because Ash looooooves his glass cannons.

... And really, to hell with all the others.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

I would all of them exchange with the starters! These Pokes are so much better and can develop so much more than the starters!
    Okay we all love Oshawott and Snivy(indiferent to Tepig, maybe be better whenm it evolves)!
    But do we remember how Sewaddle was sweet when it first was captured, he was a keeper right away!
    Scraggy is such a cool Poke and is one of these clumsy sweeties which catches Ur heart right away! And Scraggy was one of my strongest Pokes(in the games) beside the starter and Liligant!
    Tranquill isn't my favorite Poke I would rather see Washibon is Ash's team! But it is a counter to Trip's and I hope it kicks Trips Tranquills Ass!
    Palpitoad! Is just a keeper! This dark eyes, dangerous smile and attitude is so much more than Tepig has! And by the way it has amazing moves!
    Boldore is a tough Poke and showed real power through this few episodes it appeared! and who can't ove a ONE-EYED ROCK!???

But I choose Swadloon and Palpitoad as my favs!

Blog Entries

Hatohbo, Zurrug or Gamagaru for me. The first one because it showed signs of comedy before being shelved, the second because it's interesting, funny and has good interactions with Satoshi and Kibago and the latter because it actually does things, unlike Kurumayu and Dangoro, who haven't shown anything interesting at all in my opinion.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Tranquil and Boldore are the only ones I don't really care for. The former, because it's largely redundant and overall has very little to offer in terms of differentiating itself from it's predecessors. The latter, because it's a mon line I just don't like, full stop. Both of these could do nothing for the entire series and I honestly wouldn't be bothered.

Swadloon I'm somewhat indecisive about. I really want to like this guy, because hell, I actually love it's evolution line, and think that it has a lot to offer, despite the fact that Snivy is quashing it's options. Unfortunately, they're not doing anything with it, which is really disappointing. I know I'm not the only one who finds Swadloon to be a hilarious looking pokemon, nor do I believe I'm the only one who thinks a perpetually depressed/cynical/dour pokemon could've been a lot of laughs.

Palpitoad I'm good with. Cool move set, cool pokemon. The only thing missing here is the personallity he displayed in his debut episode, but as a battler, he's a solid choice.

Scraggy I really like personality-wise, and don't want to see him benched any time soon. I appreciate the fact that when he shows up, there's usually some good characterisation to go along with it. And despite the fact that it may only be sparring with Kibago, it's pretty much the only pokemon that we've seen growing stronger on a consistent basis.
    That said...why is he almost 60 episodes into the series with only have 2 real moves?

In short; Scraggy and Palpitoad are awesome, the rest I could do without.

Blog Entries

I like Scraggy, such a likeable pokemon and plus has had some decent development so far. I also like palpitoad since it does have a couple of quick wins under its belt and it has hydro pump! If both evolve those 2 can really be useful for the league.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Bleh.
    This is complicated for me.

Hatoboh and Assface need to go, for certain.

But I love Kurumayu as a species, in fact it's one of my favorites of all of Gen 5 (even though i hate its evo and am only lukewarm about its pre-evo). HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THE :< FACE. It's just... Satoshi's is so boring ~_~

I am okay with Gamagaru because it has potential to be interesting, and I'm honestly just waiting for some Muggyo bromance.

Zuruggu is a highlight of Satoshi's team. He's incredibly funny, super cute, and has a very original, lulzy personality. It made me actually like its line, which I thought was absolutely fugs in the games.

Wait! Roggenrola evolved?
    El_ likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jinglejoe View Post
    Wait! Roggenrola evolved?

Please don't hate me but Swadloon and Boldore are my favorites. Tranquil doesn't have a personality and Scraggy is too much like a Gligar clone. And Palpitoad is a over powerhouse. I love how it spam wins it's battles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    and Scraggy is too much like a Gligar clone.
    Odd, I've never seen Scraggy break down and cry or hug Ash all the time...
    Gengarzilla likes this.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Meh, it honestly doesn't really matter to me which two are on-hand. I just want to see all of them get their share of screentime.
    El_ likes this.

SOOOOONANSU!!

Why is there no option with more than two pokemon? or one for all 4?

Personally, I say Tranquil is the most pointless. I'm tired of the stupid "Ash catches the new generation early game normal/flying type" cliche, and it needs to stop. He doesn't even have the chance to send it out to pop TR's balloons anymore, so why even bother? Why does he need a flying type? All the rest of the reserves are much more interesting and I'd like to see all of them get more screen time. They need to stop pimping out Oshawott and Tepig ><.
    martianmister likes this.
    Jessie and James together forever!!!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!!!! Save me!

Eternal defender of Tracey Sketchit. Brock lovers beware ^_^.

"Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn
    are lost on these fools" - Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast