Which saga had the best fillers and why? (Kanto/OI not included.)

View Poll Results: Best fillers? (Kanto/OI not included.)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Johto

5 25.00%
  • Hoenn/Battle Frontier

2 10.00%
  • Sinnoh

6 30.00%
  • Best Wishes

7 35.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which saga had the best fillers and why? (Kanto/OI not included.)

Default Which saga had the best fillers and why? (Kanto/OI not included.)

I didn't include either Kanto or Orange Islands, because then it would be no contest :P

gone...
    Blog Entries
    Add Zexy on Facebook
    Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Which saga had the best fillers and why? (Kanto/OI not included.)

You shouldn't include Johto either... Even more :P

Anyway, I vote Unova, because Hoenn fillers weren't nice and Sinnoh's fillers were 95% Team Rocket.
    Battle Frontier had some nice fillers, after that long string before May's first Contest, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dino97 View Post
    I probably shouldn't have, considering they blow the rest of the fillers of other (non Kanto and OI) sagas out of the water :P
    Last edited by flyingblueshellder; 20th February 2013 at 09:24 AM.

gone...
    Blog Entries
    Add Zexy on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by stickerstaryoshi View Post
    I probably shouldn't have, considering they blow the rest of the fillers of other (non Kanto and OI) sagas out of the water :P
    I guess you are the one who voted Johto, aren't you? That is, every person in the world has more possibilities of liking Johto's fillers more. That is, because Johto has MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE fillers than any other saga...

I guess you are the one who voted Johto, aren't you? That is, every person in the world has more possibilities of liking Johto's fillers more. That is, because Johto has MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE fillers than any other saga...
    Yes, I voted Johto, of course. For me, it's no contest, as stated before. Fillers aren't automatically bad, and important episodes aren't automatically good.

gone...
    Blog Entries
    Add Zexy on Facebook

Looks like someone "disturbed our peace" by entering and voting Best Wishes, albeit without writing a post. Ha, BW beats you 2 to 1 now!

Blog Entries

Lol, what? You removed Kanto?

In your opinion it'd be no contest maybe, but others? That's kinda ridicolous.

At first I thought it was a tie between BW and AG for me but then decided to vote for AG because of Claydoll, Big and Tall (one of my favorite episodes ever), but apparently must've pressed BW by mistake. :/

Oh well, I do enjoy both sagas' fillers, because while the plots themselves might not have been the best, the great chemistry we had in the gangs made up for it more than enough.

Next comes Kanto. Then it'd be a tie between Sinnoh and Johto for the worst fillers, with Sinnoh being slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post

I didn't want the poll to be too one-sided, which is why I removed Kanto/OI.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post

I didn't want the poll to be too one-sided, which is why I removed Kanto/OI.
    I doubt it would be. It has always seemed to me that fillers from AG or DP have been the ones that people always have preferred, but now we won't get the chance to truly determine it.

Uh, I pick Johto out of the three but if you would have kept Kanto or Orange Islands, I would pick Orange Islands because those fillers were ten times worse than Johto's.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Uh, I pick Johto out of the three but if you would have kept Kanto or Orange Islands, I would pick Orange Islands because those fillers were ten times worse than Johto's.
    The poll is asking about the best fillers, not the worst ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    The poll is asking about the best fillers, not the worst ones.
    If you ask me, there were no best fillers in my opinion but the more tolerable ones for me was the ones in Hoenn.

Hoenn probably had the most tolerable ones for most fans. However, to me, the Johto ones had something special to them (despite rehashing the same thing countless times): a genuine focus more on the Pokemon than on the trainers. It's cool, because the show is called Pokemon...it should focus more on them sometimes. It's actually quite an interesting take, and I enjoyed it, despite how much everyone else pretty much hates these eps. Sinnoh's fillers were relatively solid, but some of them were very boring, like most from Snowpoint City to Sunyshore City (a huge gap of them here).

Without Johto, we wouldn't have had such gems as, "I'm a flaming Moltres!" or "Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil. Leo Burnett!" or "The only feeling I'm getting here is that you're an absolute nutcase!" (Ash --> Brock). So, needless to say, I am one of the few who likes those eps. :)

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Moving this thread to the Grand Festival section, as the thread is asking people to choose their favorite.

Edit: And now we have a thread for those who want to include Kanto and Orange Islands: Which saga had the best fillers and why? (Kanto/OI included.)
    Last edited by Karamazov; 21st February 2013 at 11:59 AM.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Not to explain why I chose Johto:

-The fillers had more thought put into them, even though some of them were the same, but at least they were executed better.
    -They featured more memorable COTDs (Gligarman, Sakura, the Teddiursa from UnBEARable (not a human, but still), etc.), and were just more memorable overall.
    -Had better humor, no forced or overdone jokes, or immature "humor". Better dialogue, too.
    -And of course, they had the best cast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast