Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original Iron Tail

7 12.28%
  • BW Iron Tail

50 87.72%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Original Iron Tail or BW Iron Tail?

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Original Iron Tail or BW Iron Tail?

Definitely the BW Iron Tail. It's more original and actually looks more like what it's name suggests.

Chandelure Chao Super Chao Maniac's Avatar

I liked the BW Iron Tail because it's more cooler than the original. I also like the redesign of the other moves in BW too.

I claimed Chandelure, Levitate,Horn Drill and Dusk Stone!

Excadrill est tres Beast Lafayette Excadrill's Avatar

I prefer the BW Iron Tail. The original one was just another example of the anime's horrible animation budget.

I love the new animation for BW Iron Tail. It makes it look like a actual iron instead of the tail just turning white.

Orange And Black October Serperiority's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Serperiority On Twitter
    Visit Serperiority's Youtube Channel

I like the BW Iron Tail better because it actually look like an Iron tail and something that would actually kill you.

Serperior99 Fanclub | Bulbagarden's Californian Club | From the Serperior's Lair, My Blog
    I've claimed Serperior, Overgrow, Bicycle, Poke Ball, & Pokemon White Version

BW's Iron Tail. It looks so heavy and looks like it'll break the s*** out of me. First time I looked at it and if I got hit by it, I'll be crying in pain. The original one, if I got hit by it, I'll be like, "Wait. What did you do to me again? Oh, you did that. Okay. Augh."
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

As far as something being realistic, I would sorta have to say that the old Iron Tail was more realistic. If you think of the glowing as really just the muscles in his tail tightening to the point of being as hard as steel, that's sorta understandable for a pokemon. His tail actually turning into metal, even with Pokemon physics or what have you, is sorta "what?". That though is more or less a gripe about a rat being able to turn its tail into steel, which isn't the fault of anyone involved in the anime. BW IT does look exceptionally better and the glowing of most physical attacks in DP and AG was terribly dumb.
    martianmister and Jaden like this.

I prefer the Black/White iron tail for many reasons already stated. It actually look like iron, and it just looks friggin' amazing.

I personally think how they, in BW, they take a whole five seconds to animate the move before using it just completely ruins the flow and the subsequent nature of an encounter/battle. Back in DP and before, only epic moves received long drawn out charge-ups and everything else moved at battle pace. The only time pace was ever interrupted was for observer narration, which could be brushed off as happening at the same time as the battle action, just shown to provide detail.

I do have to admit, all of the move animations in BW are really cool and give the moves being used so much more detail, but the fact that we have to break to a close up every time is reminiscent of Power Rangers, and makes me want to hurt someone.

I mean, in BW, it's like, "Use Iron Tail!" *oooh...it's so metallic! wait, who was Pikachu battling again?*
    Jaden and martianmister like this.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

The BW Iron Tail by far. It's nice to see them try and diversify the "Generic White Glowing Limb" attacks a little, I'm hoping attacks like Needle Arm and Brick Break will get the same treatment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12