Which one was the best season in Best Wishes series ?

View Poll Results: Which one was the best season in the Best Wishes series ?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best Wishes ( BW001-BW084)

5 23.81%
  • Best Wishes Season 2 ( BW085-BW108)

0 0%
  • Best Wishes Season 2 : N arc ( BW109-122)

8 38.10%
  • Best Wishes Season 2 : DA ( BW123-Present)

7 33.33%
  • None of them

3 14.29%
  • All of them

1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Which one was the best season in Best Wishes series ?

Blog Entries
    Follow Burakeon On Twitter Add Burakeon on Facebook
    Visit Burakeon's Youtube Channel

Post Which one was the best season in Best Wishes series ?

There are only two or three episodes unknown, and BW will leave for letting XY (^^) joining us.

So I know that Best Wishes was not good at all, but which season do you think was the most interesting ?

Discuss...

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default Re: Which one was the best season in Best Wishes series ?

Moving to the Contest and Games section, as it's asking you to choose between these existing entities.

For me, it's a tie between the first and second seasons. Season 2 had Meloetta's arc, which was fantastic. But it also had the League, which I didn't care for. The first season felt more structured and had a lot more episodes I liked overall, but then again it was the longest arc.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

BW season 1 felt like a reboot, BW season 2 had that god awful league, Episode N mishandled Team Plasma, and DA was just a bunch of pointless fillers. So my vote goes to none of them.
    3DS Friend Code: 1993-8025-8352

BW series was an improvement with much better animation, BW series seasons 1 and 2 were great and the Unova League was ok, but it was way too overrush and that was my only problem with the BW series.

Blog Entries

I give my vote to DA, because the fillers were actually worth watching and were interesting (well more interesting that the usual BW fillers)
    YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!

FC: 2122-7717-7742 If you add me, just send me a message, so I can add you, too :)

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was soooo very tempted to just pick "none of them" (actually that poll was multiple choice, I SHOULD have done that... s'what I get for doing polls in the morning), but I decided that was the easy way out and challenged myself to at least pick one.

Actually it wasn't much of a challenge. I picked the Episode N arc. While it had its fair share of problems in Charizard being brought back only to not accomplish nearly as much as the OP led us to believe, Team Plasma's most defining trait in the games being eliminated in the anime to make them little more than a generic villainous team (for as much as the anime fucked up with Team Aqua & Magma, what they were fighting for at least resembled their drive in the games!), Ghetsis doing jack shit until the very end, the climax being very underwhelming and full of dumb shit despite the build-up that it had going for it, and other various things that annoyed me in true Best Wishes fashion... I'd say on average it was the most tolerable arc of the series for me. I was dead certain N's character was going to be fucked up beyond recognition, but thankfully that wasn't the case. N was easily the best thing about the arc. Ash was less insufferably stupid - mostly out of necessity for when he needed to talk to N, but that's still a plus for me. Iris was much less of a pain in the ass, though she still had her moments (Charizard returns episode coming to mind immediately). At least they were more spread out. Plus the climax episode marked the one single time it was a good thing for Axew to be living in Iris' hair instead of a Pokeball. It was cool to see Looker being around a lot and doing stuff again too, though the whole thing about using a pipe to keep a hostage thing is still laughably stupid. There's that and, combined with the Charizard returning episode, all the continuity being brought up from series prior to BW made me cringe a lot, mainly because of how BW as a whole still doesn't feel like a logical progression from the preceding series and it's far better for my own peace of mind to just pretend BW is some alternate universe or Ash's coma dream. It's pretty much impossible to do that at this point, sadly. :P Best Wishes, depriving viewers the freedom of personal interpretation since BW001!

But yeah, despite all that, I can say at least that Episode N is the least sucky part of Best Wishes! DA would be the second-least worst for me. Even though it's Orange Islands Lite and is literally nothing but a desperate measure to pad out the series until XY starts, it almost feels like the absence of a real plot in DA kind of makes certain episodes easier to enjoy. There's still plenty of dumb and/or boring episodes in there, but it doesn't feel nearly as offensively awful as before. Ash literally having no real goal in this arc is still pretty dumb other than to prolong his journey home as much as possible... in fact, besides the actual OI arc, is this the first time the anime literally ran out of stuff to do before the next gen series? Like, a lot of people feel that the last parts of previous series had some rushed pacing because of the urgency to wrap up the main story before the next gen arc could start. Best Wishes feels like a complete reverse of that - and that's not exactly a good thing. Padding out the series pre-League could've done a lot of make the Unova League suck less. Orange Islands can at least be justified because the anime wasn't originally planned to last past Kanto. DA's main problem is that it has no real reason to exist. It's probably more annoying for someone like me who really wanted Best Wishes to end ages ago, but when I consider a pointless arc of the series to be better than the part of the series that comprised of the entire main story, then that's bad.

tl;dr: in order of least-worst to worst: Episode N > DA > BW Season 1 > BW Season 2
    (the Unova League, Junior Cup, Dragonite, Meloetta, and Dawn's cameo are what help me determine which "season" of BW proper was worse :P)

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Obviously Episode N. It's the first time the writers tried anything new that didn't suck. Even though Team Plasma was mishandled with unbalanced screentime (Ghetsis doing almost nothing and Colress doing almost everything) they STILL tried sticking to the plot and not wavering. The hype for Charizard went wrong and Cheren was Demoted to Extra, but STILL they were well received comparably than what they fed us just a few weeks prior to the initial airing of Episode N... which was the League.

N was and still is the best thing about Best Wishes. They used his popularity well, and they did a nice job on reflecting his game character onto the screen.

My vote goes to Decolora Adventure, simply because in my opinion, it's a really good season for a filler arc, while Episode N is pretty meh for a villain plot arc. One can't simply directly compare DA to Ep. N, because their purpose is different. Season 2 was good, except for the League, while Season 1 had a good start, specially Team Rocket in the earlier episodes and probably the Meteonite arc, but in general terms it wasn't really good.
    Unlike Sarah Natochenny, our current voice actor for Ash is not a sound-alike. The character's personality has also severely changed due to the voice actor switch.
    Please sign on "FIRMAR", and help us make Ash Ketchum's voice actor return! We Latin American fans would really appreciate it!

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Season 1 (TR episodes only) > Season 2 (TR episodes only) > Episode N > Season 1 (non TR) > Da! > Season 2 (non TR - because of the league)

Blog Entries

None of them. There was seriously nothing I enjoyed in BW... nothing...

snorlax | rest | dark aura | stick | tea | one-shot | poetry

Quote Originally Posted by Skuntank View Post
    None of them. There was seriously nothing I enjoyed in BW... nothing...
    Sorry to hear that, buddy

I went with Episode N. Oh yes, it's flawed. There's so much more they could've done (Shadow Triad, Plasma Frigate and Gym Leaders, oh my!), but were too lazy too. The fact they gave it a rushed resolution to move on the Dregolore Islands is almost proof....

But still the Best Thing about Best Wishes to me
    Last edited by SammyW27; 9th September 2013 at 07:07 PM.
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse Wii U: Available Christmas!

Many of my favourite BW episodes are from DA.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I liked season one the best of the BW series seasons. Pretty much all of my top favorite episodes of the series were in that season. All of the Gym Battles were in it and my favorite tournament (Club Battle).