CONTEST: Which Girl companion gave Ash the most trouble?

View Poll Results: Which Girl companion gave Ash the most trouble?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Misty

24 45.28%
  • May

2 3.77%
  • Dawn

1 1.89%
  • Iris

26 49.06%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Which Girl companion gave Ash the most trouble?

Blog Entries

Default Which Girl companion gave Ash the most trouble?

Like the title says, which female gave Ash the most trouble?

And by that, i meant which of them gave him the most hurtful remarks, remarks that were less about making him better and more about cutting him down to the point where they were almost doubting if he could be a trainer

I ask this because, looking back, i felt that Misty was a little harsh with Ash and said somethings that could've been taken harshly enough to send Ash home in defeat. And quite frankly, Iris is even worse, her "little kid" comments just make me not like her, especially her comment in the episode with Elgyem, that just sounded harsh and rude

So what do you think
    Last edited by Iteru; 18th January 2012 at 07:35 AM.

Default Re: Which Girl companion gave Ash the most trouble?

Iris. She is mean.
    cwf1701 likes this.
    Pika to the mofoing Chu!

Blog Entries

I've moved this to the Grand Festival where it belongs, as its choosing between two or more different entities (in this case, characters).

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

I don't think any of the girls have given him any trouble. It's clear he gets along well with all four of them, and even though Misty and Iris pick on him it never seems to bother him that much. I guess Misty gave him trouble in the beginning with the bike and everything, but that blew over quickly. So I guess if I had to pick one girl it would be Misty, but again, that was only in the very beginning.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

What's this? Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

It has to be Iris. Misty's comments could get cruel from time to time, but Ash genuinely made many ridiculous mistakes during his time in Kanto, so it's somewhat understandable. Iris, on the other hand, needlessly gets on his case for entirely unreasonable and unfair reasons. How would anyone know their way around a region they've never been to before? Why is Ash an immature kid if he doesn't know about every single Pokemon ability? He can't even show enthusiasm about Pokemon or make an innocent remark without receiving a put down from her.

Who is this git?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What do you mean by, "trouble?" He argued with Misty the most of all the girls, but at the same time they were good friends.

If you mean which female protagonist gave him trouble and the least reason to be traveling with him, I hate to say it, but it probably is Iris. I don't really see her becoming as close with Ash as past girls. Nearly 70 eps into BW and it really doesn't feel like she's impacting his journey in any way.

Blog Entries

I'm gonna have to vote Kasumi since Iris' role in the franchise hasn't concluded yet. Kasumi seems to be the most violent of all of Satoshi's companions (verbally and physically.) To me, Iris doesn't seem cruel to Satoshi, just very sarcastic.
    Last edited by MizuTaipu; 18th January 2012 at 06:29 PM.
    Lumi likes this.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Misty was a b!tch at first, but that didn't last long
    May was just a helpless trainer who Ash taught, whereas Misty taught Ash since he was the helpless trainer
    Dawn..... eh, I know so little about the DP era, that I can't say
    Iris I've heard is a complete b!tch to this day, so I chose her

Blog Entries

Trouble? I don't know if "trouble" is the proper word here. But anyway, I'm more on the Misty side of things. She just seemed to aggravate him more, and would also bring him physical harm often...early on of course. All Iris really does is say "Kodomo ne", and 85% of the time Ash ignores her. I'm actually surprised Iris is winning this poll...well not really.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
    Trouble? I don't know if "trouble" is the proper word here. But anyway, I'm more on the Misty side of things. She just seemed to aggravate him more, and would also bring him physical harm often...early on of course. All Iris really does is say "Kodomo ne", and 85% of the time Ash ignores her. I'm actually surprised Iris is winning this poll...well not really.
    Probably because "trouble" is not well-defined here. It could mean anything really.

Blog Entries

I guess "trouble" in this context would mean which girl seemed to annoy or upset Ash the most. In which case, it's a no brainer: it's Misty. Iris may seem to be putting him down more often for the most unjustified of things, but Ash seldom reacts to it and the odd time he does, it's hardly spectacular. Ash almost always reacted to Misty's comments. Hence you could say he was "troubled" by them.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

Misty or Iris, but gotta go with Misty

but still
    Kanto Misty = bonafide jackass
    OI/Johto and beyond Misty = sweetheart
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I dont think any girl Ash traveled with gave him exactly "trouble". Sure he had dissidence with some of them and they didnt always get along but you could tell how Ash was very good friend with Misty,My or Dawn,. With Iris its too soon to comment, though judging by what i saw so far they dont seem close as much like it was case with her predecessors.

However if i would really have to choose despite question being undefined(in what sense trouble?) i would probably say Misty. She argued with Ash the most,being quite critic and liking to rib him at times. But more often than not this just served as motivation to push Ash forward as trainer and learn on mistakes đ,when he was rookie being actually beneficial.

Only time when she crossed the line was probably when physically abusing him but since Ash was idiot who had no clue about nothing this was justified.Who wouldnt be pissed of after someone fries your bike,never pays it back and continue to do idiotic mistakes ignoring your advice?

Besides that didnt last long,with Misty becoming more amicable toward Ash when they strengthened friendship,and while they still argued at times and she continued to tease him,disagreements were never so scenical to annoy Ash to some deeper degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees4life View Post
    but still
    Kanto Misty = bonafide jackass
    OI/Johto and beyond Misty = sweetheart
    There is some truth in it,though im not sure if i would use such description.While Misty was more violent in Kanto days,i still wouldnt call her exactly "sweetheart"being all sunny and happy in OI,Johto and beyond that(Hoenn).She was more playful and out going,but she was always tomboyish and spirited liking to criticize.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Misty. She was bossy and braggy and a snobby nosy girl just following Ash around to get him pay her bike back.

Misty, because I think Iris kind of makes fun of Ash in a playful way. Not Misty though. She just seemed to be rude towards Ash at the beginning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast