CONTEST: Which female companion did Ash have the least memorable interaction with?

View Poll Results: Who had the least memorable interactions with Ash?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Misty

10 12.99%
  • Dawn

22 28.57%
  • May

13 16.88%
  • Iris

32 41.56%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Which female companion did Ash have the least memorable interaction with?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Which female companion did Ash have the least memorable interaction with?

Ash has basically had different interactions with all 4 female characters he interacted with. While he was friends with all of them, he still acted slightly different toward each one. Now that Ash has had 4 different female friends, which one did he have the least memorable interaction with?

Do you think there's a female companion Ash had worse interactions with than others? And no, this is not a shipping topic, merely comparing their friendship and interactions.
    Last edited by Hellion; 8th September 2011 at 11:19 PM.

Happy 4th of July :3 PokemonLotty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Which female companion did Ash have the least memorable interaction with?

Iris is too early to tell.
    Please read and review my fanfic, The Very Best Like No One Ever Was:
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/my-first-fanfiction-pokemon-ashs-father-97505/

Here's my fanfiction profile:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2575363/pokemonfangirl4

Patientlly awaiting the airing of TR vs. TP special...

For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default Re: Which female companion did Ash have the least memorable interaction with?

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonLotty View Post
    Iris is too early to tell.
    True that.

To be honest, Ash had all kinds of memorable interactions with each of the three girls.

Happy 4th of July :3 PokemonLotty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    True that.

To be honest, Ash had all kinds of memorable interactions with each of the three girls.
    Yeah, I agree, he's interacted well with all of them. Though, I suppose there does have to be one that he had the "least memorable", doesn't mean that it actually wasn't memorable though. I think Dawn, she did have good interactions with him just not as good as May's and Misty's. Even though I think Iris is too early to tell, even so far, I think she has very good interactions with Ash as well as Cilan. I think it would go something like this:

Misty>Iris?/May/Iris?/>Dawn

I'm not sure if Iris would be second or third, that's why as I stated earlier, it's too early to tell.
    Please read and review my fanfic, The Very Best Like No One Ever Was:
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=97505

Here's my fanfiction profile:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2575363/pokemonfangirl4

Patientlly awaiting the airing of TR vs. TP special...

For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Blog Entries

Yeah, it's too early to gauge Iris on this and still be fair. For the three others, it's hard to tell, as there's lots of memorable moments for all of them. I just can't choose, sorry.
    Step into the Fairy circle

I don't think Iris should be on the list yet. There's just too much stuff going on to see their interactions so soon. But May probably is the least. But that's what happens if you have more than three people in the group. Less interaction goes on.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree. Iris is at a disadvantage here because she was only present alongside Ash's adventures for only 40-something episodes.

It always felt to me that Ash has interacted with almost every single one of his female travelling companions to a greater degree than he had with the male companion that was travelling with them at the time. When we eliminate Iris out of the picture, it is difficult to gauge Ash's interactions with the other female leads.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Why put Iris on the list? She hasn't even been in a full series yet. Give her a break, Gliscor'd. Anyway, Misty definitely had the last memorable interactions with Ash. Despite being in 270+ episodes, she did barely anything with him.
    Bubble Frog likes this.

Blog Entries

I think Misty's interactions with Ash were fun at the beginning, but she kinda got ... nicer? It may just be my memory though.

In regards to Iris, she has this amazing chemistry with both Ash and Dento. I love it how writers found a way to have her interact with Dento and her snarky expressions towards his flamboyancy and yet bicker with Ash at the same time as a little kid.
    JennaJayfeather likes this.

Blog Entries

Iris has been around for almost 50 episodes and 1 movie. That's a decent amount of time to gauge some interest.

Remember where we were 50 episodes into Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh? By that time we all knew what the Ash dynamic was with the first 3 girls.

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

I think the interaction between Ash and Iris is pretty memorable, and can be gauged readily enough. I'd put Iris at 1/2, with Misty being 1/2 as well. Dawn may be 3rd, or May could be 3rd. I didn't really watch the anime then, it being generally unbearable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    In regards to Iris, she has this amazing chemistry with both Ash and Dento. I love it how writers found a way to have her interact with Dento and her snarky expressions towards his flamboyancy and yet bicker with Ash at the same time as a little kid.
    It's something like that. (Though sometimes Ash may be like the little kid, with Dawn asserting or pointing out his immaturity, in a snarky kind of way.)
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Blog Entries

It's funny, Ash and Dawn didn't bicker and yet their close bond kind of marked DP.

追放されたバカ

May, because she was the worst-written female character, in Hoenn, which was the 2nd worst-written region, next to Johto. At least Misty had Kanto and the Orange Islands to make up for it.
    speedingbulletbill likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

I will never "kodomo ne," let's just put it that way...

Probably Dawn for me. On her own, she was a good character, but let's just say that it's hard for me to make a pearlshipping amv XD There wasn't much conflict nor consolation. I think it was just Dawn's nature that made her more independent than the other girls, so her interaction with Ash (AKA, a mentor figure/punching bag) did not need to be explored as much.

(disclaimer: no, I don't gauge the memorable qualities of a character by shippyness, what are you talking about? it's subjective anyways)

"seasons change, people change"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by League View Post
    I think the interaction between Ash and Iris is pretty memorable, and can be gauged readily enough. I'd put Iris at 1/2, with Misty being 1/2 as well. Dawn may be 3rd, or May could be 3rd. I didn't really watch the anime then, it being generally unbearable.It's something like that. (Though sometimes Ash may be like the little kid, with Dawn asserting or pointing out his immaturity, in a snarky kind of way.)
    If you didn't watch the anime then, then why are you voting?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast