CONTEST: Favourite Series So Far? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Favourite Series So Far?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original Series

19 19.79%
  • Advanced Generation

16 16.67%
  • Diamond and Pearl

39 40.63%
  • Best Wishes

13 13.54%
  • All of them

9 9.38%
  • None of them

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Favourite Series So Far?

Default Re: Favourite Series So Far?

I liked DP the most out of all the series. However Brock being there is all of them basically is what I never liked.

Blog Entries

DP because of the battles, character development, plot, Dawn, Barry, and Paul.

Blog Entries

For me it's definitely Kanto. The chemistry of the original trio and the humour that older seasons have lost. A big part of loving it was probably because I was a young kid then, and when you're a kid everything seems much more fun and interesting. I still get those happy feelings watching Kanto episodes today, you could call that nostalgia, sure. Something I do love about the early seasons is how uncomplicated they are compared to later seasons which had much more going on. You could dip in and out of them and It didn't matter so much. Nowadays if I miss a few episodes I generally have no idea where the plot has gone.

Blog Entries

Wow! DP has 30 votes!? That's amazing.
    I think I'm the only one who didn't like DP. LOL. XD
    My favorite series will always be the original series. But Hoenn is a close second. :)

Either Ag or DP, however the DP trio's chemistry was a little disappointing

Either DP or AG.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I'm going to give the stereotypical answer, but the Original Series receives my vote. It was excellent.

I enjoyed most of Advanced Generation too, and some of Black and White. I really only enjoyed the League and the Super Contests in Diamond and Pearl.

For one thing, there was a lot more emotion in the Original Series than any others. I'm not talking that subtle overly dramatic stuff Diamond and Pearl brought to the table. I'm talking real emotion, actual depth, real tears and hardship. Yet, goofiness and character to things.

The characters meshed well with each other, the older characters were funny/relatable, and things were very simple and easy to catch on. It was a show for anyone. That's something the other three series are not.

It's the only series with 5 consecutive seasons I've managed to enjoy as well, which is a definite plus.

The original is not always the best at all, but in Pokémon's case, I have to say the anime was at its best to me.

Yeah, yeah, call me a "nostalgiafag" or whatever you want. I could care less. I've given every series a fair shot, but the OS is my favorite. Oh, and I do love Kanto, but it is NOT my favorite season of the OS, yet it was when I started watching the anime.

From replacing characters, to replacing the whole English voice cast, to changing personalities, to changing outfits, to various other things, I've been dissatisfied with aspects of every other series.

AG gets a decent second in my book. BW gets a distant third place. DP is my least favorite out of every series. Battles and maturation aren't everything in my book.

I learned things from the older series. I learned morals, character, and various other lessons. Since the DP series, I haven't learned practically anything other than Pokémon: Friendship is Magic.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 23rd June 2013 at 12:59 PM.

1. Original Series

2. Advanced Generation (Although I never liked May and I loved Dawn, AG was more impressive than DP.)
    3. Diamond and Pearl (My 2nd favourite female companion, Dawn and Sinnoh-region Pokemon are the only regional Pokemon that I find them great, aside from OS)

I never liked Best Wishes. The only thing that can be called an improvement is Cilan. Brock was awful in DP episodes and Cilan is a decent replacement.

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

BW for me:
    1. First series to air completely in HD.
    2. Best traveling companions.
    3. My favorite region, Unova.
    4. First series I've actually been watching on a regular basis.

Blog Entries

Diamond & Pearl to me. It had some problems, but overall it is the best series to me.
    Last edited by Reila; 27th September 2013 at 11:34 AM.

I can't believe some people are trying to overrate a lame boring unlikable series like the DP series, i mean DP series was good but not all that good like the BW series, it had more flaws like any other series and the poll don't mean a damn thing since it is about opinions. Hell Johto was a godly series with the good old original classic trio Ash, Misty and Brock, the good old classic Team Rocket and the good old classic Pokemon.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

My favorite would probably be the DP series. I feel like this is where Ash was at the peak of his journey and that his skills were strongest here. I thought most of the rival characters were great; both Ash's and Dawn's. I strongly believe that Ash and Paul's rivalry and final battle are probably one of the best in the entire series. Ash's Pokémon team was amazing here and could possibly be the strongest team he's ever had. The gym battles were also amazing and I loved all of the move strategies Ash came up with here. I loved the league and how Ash brought back a few of his old Pokémon to get some battles and screen time.

I also liked the more serious nature of DP as opposed to the more comical earlier and later series. Hunter J was an awesome villain and I think Team Galactic had the best execution of any villainous team. Ash was also very serious for the most part, but he was also able to provide some humor at times which was good.

I only have a few down points for DP. I didn't like Dawn and she's still probably my least favorite character, but I did like most of her Pokémon, minus Piplup. I also didn't like how Brock was basically ignored for most of the series. But aside from those two things, I still like this series the most out of any other.
    Last edited by Sakuraa; 24th August 2013 at 03:45 PM.
    Team Gaara and Reila like this.

Blog Entries

Definitely the OS. While DP was great in aspect battling and development, it completely lacked the humorous/light hearted-ness that Pokemon is all about.
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest

team black

M-Blaziken, so much yes Shiny Blaze's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Blaze's Youtube Channel

It's hands down the original series to me. It's by far the best series this show has ever had. It had the best humour, emotions and sense of adventure. And all in a way that didn't feel forced or fake. It has this magical feeling to me, still after so many years.

No surprises here, DP once again takes the highest spot *sigh* I hate the series myself, it's my least favourite for various reasons I won't talk about here.
    Shiny Blaze
    Owner of a Living Dex
    Owner of 80+ Shinies
    Obtained: 718 out of 719
    3DS Y FC: 0576-4616-1571

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

DP was the best overall to me. It was the best Ash has ever been and added more seriousness into the show. OS is a very close second for the humor~

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast