CONTEST: Favourite Series So Far? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Favourite Series So Far?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original Series

19 19.79%
  • Advanced Generation

16 16.67%
  • Diamond and Pearl

39 40.63%
  • Best Wishes

13 13.54%
  • All of them

9 9.38%
  • None of them

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Favourite Series So Far?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Favourite Series So Far?

All of them, but I'm going to say DP being the best. Though the second season of Unova might surprise me.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

If I have to choose, I pick the original series. No, it's not because it came first. It just felt like a nice tale that had a great ending, and had the most coherent story. Specifically, I LOVE how it wavered from the games and gave itself its own identity. :D

I'm a fan of its slapstick humor and how it pushed several boundaries. XD.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kanto/Orange > Hoenn > DP > Battle Frontier > Best Wishes > Johto.

I don't think this list needs much explanation to be honest. A lot of this is interchangeable though, the best parts of DP for example are much better than Hoenn, yet I enjoyed the former arc more. Best Wishes might be something of a mess, but as a whole it still has some nice moments. And the last on my list shouldn't surprise anyone due to the poor handling.

And even though I did put Kanto first, I am in no way an obsessive Kanto fan. Its flawed as hell, yet it does have those unique aspects we never got in any of the following arcs to make it stand out.

mine is DP because when DP series started DP is trying to outdo the previous 2 series for cliffhangers, storylines and villains.

Follow Fandango on Tumblr

Diamond and Pearl by far. Vast majority of episodes felt important, it had great main characters, it had some awesome pokémon, fantastic gyms and more of that fun stuff.
    Reila likes this.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

For me: Kanto > Orange (by a little) > Johto (also by a little) > Best Wishes (as a whole) > AG/DP (interchangable) > BF

The clear winner for me is Season 1 :P

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

I said AG, even though I didn't really like the whole of it... Just look at the signature...

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    All of them, but I'm going to say DP being the best. Though the second season of Unova might surprise me.
    ... Okay, this is nonsense. The second season did surprise me with writing that wasn't so good... I liked DP the best anyways.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWartortle View Post
    I said AG, even though I didn't really like the whole of it... Just look at the signature...
    Battle Frontier was my worst season of all 4 myself. It dragged it down for me...XD.

Follow f3nnekin On Twitter
    Follow f3nnekin on Tumblr Visit f3nnekin's Youtube Channel

Definitely Advance Generation, hands down. Though I'd like to say up until season 8, (aka when they stopped using the original VAs cx) I wasn't a big fan of Battle Frontier but mostly because of the VAs failing to intrigue me :l I guess it's because I've been so used to the original VAs. Anyways!

Hoenn! It's my favorite because it's the generation I pretty much grew up with, I was around 6-10 when it came out and it brought so much happiness to my childhood. I loved May :) she's my favorite female protagonist (Misty is 2nd fav!) And I loooooved the whole contests and coordinating concept! It's just an all around great region, ahh!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by f3nnekin View Post
    Definitely Advance Generation, hands down. Though I'd like to say up until season 8, (aka when they stopped using the original VAs cx) I wasn't a big fan of Battle Frontier but mostly because of the VAs failing to intrigue me :l I guess it's because I've been so used to the original VAs. Anyways!

Hoenn! It's my favorite because it's the generation I pretty much grew up with, I was around 6-10 when it came out and it brought so much happiness to my childhood. I loved May :) she's my favorite female protagonist (Misty is 2nd fav!) And I loooooved the whole contests and coordinating concept! It's just an all around great region, ahh!
    I really can't help but feel like we've been extremely shortchanged by TPCi with the current voice actors for the main characters over the years (as good as I'll admit I feel they are now). It's just really disappointing to me. XD.

Anyway, AG is my second favorite series in the entire anime. :)
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 27th February 2013 at 09:11 PM.

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

Best Wishes will always take my vote. The games, anime, Pokemon designs are all from Unova.

All the best moments of Pokemon for me (the ones that make smile, angered, frustrated, and even at times emotional) and the Pokemon themselves are all in the 5th generation. I do like other generations (I seen anime since the 1st generation) but for some reason they just can't compare to the awesomeness of the 5th gen.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    - 4871-3995-3493
    Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    I have many teams in Kalos - my original team will always be:
    Original Y Team - IGN Maria: Delphox - Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by f3nnekin View Post

It always interests me to see younger fans growing up with the show after Kanto. AG was a good starting point for the series even if you did see parts of Kanto/Johto prior. As for the voice switch, yeah, I kinda wish they waited one season later till DP started if it absolutely had to happen.

In a lot of ways AG already did correctly what Best Wishes tried to do now, an actual fresh start that pushed the series in a new direction.

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

since when DP popular because last time I check it was hated, and I choose AG

Banner created by Princess of Hoenn.

Blog Entries

DP's plotlines and battles were popular, it's just some of the fillers and the lack of chemistry for the DP trio that was disliked.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast