Favourite Friendship between Ash and his female companions - Page 6

View Poll Results: Favourite Ash X Female Travelling Companion?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ash and Misty

60 35.50%
  • Ash and May

56 33.14%
  • Ash and Dawn

53 31.36%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Favourite Friendship between Ash and his female companions

Default Re: Favourite Friendship between Ash and his female companions

Definitely Dawn and Ash.

"Pokemon reflect the feelings of that of their trainers." Dawn and Ash's pokemon were extremely close, like a huge and very diverse family. You can definitely tell that no matter what Ash/Dawn did, the other was always making sure to cheer them on and comfort them after a loss. The high-fives, the last episode, the partner battles, Pikachu and Piplup...although I do not ship this pairing AT ALL, I believe they had the best chemistry, and think that their friendship was one of the strongest and most special within the entire show.
    martianmister and Mikuri like this.
    "It was perfect, beautiful, like something someone with an overreactive imagination would dream up in her unfulfilled fantasies." -Jessie, The Heartbreak of Brock

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Definitely Ash and Misty. Their friendship started kinda on wrong foot having love- hate relationship. At beginning Misty was furious for destroying her bike constantly getting into arguments, but as time went on you could tell she started to admire and respect Ash growing to strongly appreciate friendship with him. Some say it went even further than that, but im not getting into it.

As time went on she stopped caring about bike just wanting to have fun with her friends while pursuing her own dreams growing attached to them. In beginning she was completely impulsive and impatient wanting to run away from sister shadow developing tough exterior having little confidence in others and their abilities. But as time went on you can tell how friendship with Ash and Brock left great deal of influence starting to open herself to them and reveal history helping her to become better, more mature person . As well value importance of friendship appreciating everything they did for her growing attached to them to the point when she even started to view them as her "new family". Something which requires lot of bonding between characters.
    Making their interactions more complete over time .

This can be noticed in mentor and coach role she often performed helping Ash to grow as person and trainer. Maybe not as much into battling like Brock did but she prepared him more for outside world often preventing him from embarrassing himself, giving him advices how to avoid danger and not fall for obvious tricks other tried to take advantage of him like TR. And lot of moral support she gave raising up his spirit whenever he was depressed, or let down along with pushing him forward , being motivator to keep trying as trainer whenever he got lazy or carried away making sure that initial success doesn't hit him in head.

Furthermore immature reactions from his side often lead to certain friendly rivalry existing between them with critics and sarcastic remarks pushing Ash to try harder when it comes to training and battling when he was provoked by her statements wanting to prove her wrong. Or through clashes trying to portray themselves as better trainers leading to quite a few clashes. Such as when battling for Totodile, for Togepi, for gym badge or in Whirl Cup, with arguing and underestimation of his trainer skills causing in him revolt wanting to prove her wrong.
    Which only consolidate their bond bring filled with mutual respect, clever humor and great deal of care.

I think episodes like "Stun Spore Detour", "Taking it on Chinchou", "Sick Daze" etc managed to emphasize best on how strong their friendship became and how much they cared for each other feeling like two companions which went through lot together with their negative and positive experiences only strengthening relationship they build. But now that i look back and think for sec, perhaps "Gotta Catch Ya Later" captured that emotion best with Misty being visibly heartbroken of having to leave her friends which meant a lot to her.

Something which came to expression most during late Johto or in Hoenn when making appearances with friendship between Ash and Misty being on more endearing note filled with lighthearted humor, lot of teasing, jokes and moral support with arguments still existing but in more mature light giving out feel of long time friends which know themselves for long time.

-With May we saw completely different dynamic we used to follow when Misty was around starting as shy, inexperienced girl which didn't knew what to do with life needing someone guidance. It was obvious how as time went on there was developed notable bond between her and Ash admiring his competence and trainer abilities with relationship going along lines student-mentor. Ash grew up enough to take coach role to others putting lot of effort and patience to help May about training, appeals, strategies etc with both through learning and mentoring building everlasting relationship full of mutual understanding sand respect.

As time went on this helped May to effloresce in strong, coordinator full of self esteem being thankful for everything Ash did for her and even though it was hard to leave her new friends she realized how its time to move on her own and rely on her own strength in future challenges life may put in front of her.

-Next one is Dawn. With her we experienced rather unusual introduction bursting out of confidence in beginning despite having very little knowledge about battles or contests in general. At start she she didn't knew much about Ash, his behavior and habits could more often than not pull trigger causing annoyance leading to clash quite a few of times,. But as time went on Dawn became more and more fascinated with Ash out of box thinking and strategies he used in battles giving her ideas which she could incorporate in her contest battles and vice versa with Dawn moves helping Ash to enrich his established battle style fusing two completely different styles into one(such as counter shield). Friendship between them was mostly on friendly and happy note as time went on supporting each other during their travels and providing moral support.

With each girl Ash traveled through you can say there was build solid relationship leaving impact on each other,. But if i would have to pick one out as most memorable it would probably be friendship between Ash and Misty.

Their bickering and clash trying to prove other side wrong, competitive fire between themselves being like rivals and humor , tension and strong bond they developed enriched this show a lot with Misty strong persona and presence making chemistry between characters dynamic, exciting and spicy.

Now i liked friendship Ash established with May and Dawn but looking back i feel he and Misty had most memorable and enjoyable dynamic being truly classic.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl42 View Post
    Definitely Dawn and Ash.

"Pokemon reflect the feelings of that of their trainers." Dawn and Ash's pokemon were extremely close, like a huge and very diverse family. You can definitely tell that no matter what Ash/Dawn did, the other was always making sure to cheer them on and comfort them after a loss. The high-fives, the last episode, the partner battles, Pikachu and Piplup...although I do not ship this pairing AT ALL, I believe they had the best chemistry, and think that their friendship was one of the strongest and most special within the entire show.
    Well Dawn was purposely designed to almost be a female Ash, so she was purposely written to be similar to him.

It wasn't all that interesting to watch a lot of the time though, pre-Johto Misty and Ash arguing was funny before Togepi toned down her personality, and the Ash/May mentor dynamic was good in early Hoenn because it showed how much Ash matured.

Honestly the only dynamic I'm not fond of is the Ash/Iris one, mainly because Ash doesn't really have much of a reaction to Iris' taunts.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

Ash and Misty all the way!!

They had the BEST chemistry together! Ash and May was decent, I guess. Ash and Dawn wasn't interesting, since they basically just agreed with everything the other had to say.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Well Dawn was purposely designed to almost be a female Ash, so she was purposely written to be similar to him.

It wasn't all that interesting to watch a lot of the time though, pre-Johto Misty and Ash arguing was funny before Togepi toned down her personality, and the Ash/May mentor dynamic was good in early Hoenn because it showed how much Ash matured.
    Im not sure why its always trying to describe Johto as some saga where group interactions were "bland and nonexistent", when that clearly wasn't the case.

I remember Misty still being lively,romantic character having flare in her there while providing more mature spin to her not being any less interesting .Just like she wasn't in Orange islands where she also had baby pokemon.
    They didn't fight as much as they used in Kanto,but that was hardly only thing which made interacting between characters interesting. Misty still teased Ash on frequent basis,being cynical and spunky. She was still tomboyish but less violent in getting her message across,showing other sides of her .

There was still arguing between them having feisty rivalry such as when battling for Totodile, Whirl Cup, when they got lost in forest etc. Comic scenes getting on each other nerves in more subtle manner such as Ash avoiding to taste soup Misty cooked in "Sick Daze", or when she for mistake thought elder guy poisoned Ash in "Better Pill to Swallow" becoming exasperated etc. Great deal of care for each other having her cry when he got involved in danger when trying to save baby Lugia or being annoyed at his ignorance to notice when two people are in love such as Jennaro and Janine in Silver island etc.

If you ask me Misty interactions with Ash there were just as fun as before only building up on established bond created in Kanto, with friendship becoming actually more meaningful and profound.

Just like friends in real life mature becoming more familiar with each other, with change of relationship between them taking more lighthearted note getting beyond introduction phase. We can see in Johto through Misty and Ash friendship how they became closer being already familiar with each other weak and strong sides with spark, arguing and annoyance from, each other being present in more friendly, mature light while still bringing comedy, alacrity and enjoyable dialogue.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 30th January 2013 at 12:43 PM.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

Just because someone shouts less doesn't mean they're not as interesting, just saying. She's not some cliched, nagging wife from a family sitcom.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Ash and Misty, without a doubt in my mind to the contrary.

Ash getting hit with a mallet or bashed in the face was Misty's way of saying she liked him. ;)

No, but seriously, there was a real depth between their relationship, and they both always seemed to reciprocate each others' feelings and seemed to mesh very well together. :D

I like Ash and Dawn's friendship the best, they just had chemistry and scenes that showed how well they worked together, I don't know how to say this in words what I think of that friendshipXD

edit;

Why isn't Ash and Iris on here???
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    Why isn't Ash and Iris on here???
    Seems like this thread was made in 2008, lol. Either way, I doubt people would vote Ash x Iris because she hates him, apparently.

Anyway, it's a tie between Ash/Dawn and Ash/Iris. While Ash and Dawn had this really close, personal relationship and even a whole song for themselves, I still love the rivalry-like relationship between Ash and Iris.

Blog Entries

Ash and Misty ^^

I liked their banter. How they constantly bickered and point scored from day one. I know it was mostly dub added but as a kid, I really did believe they were a couple because of all the hints and the cute way they were with eachother. They are just great fun when put together. I think that about Brock too, the entire Kanto trio.

May and Dawn have a different relationship with Ash. May's was probably the weakest simply because Ash had changed a lot from Kanto and the group was too large to really form close bonds between two people. Dawn's friendship with Ash was really strong but it bored me to tears xD

I really like Iris and Ash's friendship because it reminds me a lot of Misty and Ash. Just not quite as good.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I'd say Dawn and Ash. They even have their duet signature op.

Blog Entries
    Follow Terrell On Twitter Add Terrell on Facebook

Ash and may to me they liked each other and got along.
    Caseydia likes this.
    Time to show of my gangsta to friends and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl17 View Post
    I have to say Dawn and Ash. Whether friends or not they have the best chemistry out there.
    1. I have to agree on that. They support/help each other alot whether in strategic or emotional wise. Alot of Tag battles she has more than any of ash's friend. She really really want ash to win during the gym battle and sinnoh league(that emotion is kinda obvious). Oh yea, that high-fives.

2. As for May, she doesn't really feel sad to leave ash and go with drew and harley. But on some occasion like the eposide where may and ash tag battle(they only tag once) and the movie 9 does show some feeling for each other.

3. Also for Misty, she did give some emotional support for ash when things are not in right shape. Both Dawn and Misty are sadden to leave ash.

4. Why not put Iris in it? She is the least favor one in my opinion. No fond memory from her whatsoever.
    Last edited by death trapper; 18th June 2013 at 01:15 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456