Favourite Friendship between Ash and his female companions - Page 5

View Poll Results: Favourite Ash X Female Travelling Companion?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ash and Misty

60 35.50%
  • Ash and May

56 33.14%
  • Ash and Dawn

53 31.36%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Favourite Friendship between Ash and his female companions

Its hard to choose between Misty and May. Heck if I ran the show I'd have Ash traveling with both girls... ;D

Ash and Misty, I like it when Misty always bring him down and mock him which is why I watch pokemon the first place.

Ash and May, I hate May the first time when I saw her because she took over Misty and she always complain and all but then I started to like her when i watch her compete in contest.

Ash and Dawn, I kind of hate her because I reckon she's not nearly as funny as Misty and her rivals isn't as funny as May's rival. She uses her Piplup too much. (not to mention being very annoying)

says "yeah" a lot. Lawnmowergirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Misty. She just has more personality than the other two twerpettes, and more of an interesting background.

Anyone but May. May is annoying and dumb and...um, stuff. She was such an utter n00b at first. *watches mental video of her crashing into a tree again and again and again*
    *laughs maniacally*
    Mwahahahahahahahahaha.

Let the record show that I hate May.

Morpheus♥Orange♥Contest♥HeatTag♥Wishful♥Rocket

deviantart|photobucket|pixiv|youtube|fanfiction|tumblr|shipping

The Counterweight TheArsenalRisen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gotta be Ash and Misty. I really liked them traveling together, period. Misty's fiery attitude was what I really loved, and how often she and Ash clashed. Often playfully. I'm not a shipper, so no bias here, but I think it was Misty's great personality overall that finalizes it for me.

I don't know if it's just me, but it sort of seems like Ash's companions grow progressively girlier as they arrive. From Misty, to Dawn. I mean... Dawn is like Misty's complete opposite. *thinks of Dawn and her cheerleading Pokemon* o.o;;

Then... like most, I also liked May quite a bit. I really liked her, overall again, and the way that she and Ash interacted together. Especially with Ash maturing some and becoming a mentor toward May. That was cool. :3

Now to Dawn... And to be honest, I haven't seen almost ZIP of Dawn. Like, very few episodes. I haven't seen much of D/P and Battle Dimension, so... yeah. I'm not really qualified to make a decision about her, which pretty much cancels out my entire opinion about Ash and Misty, but for what I have seen of Dawn, I do like her. The cheerleading Pokemon make me roll my eyes, but other than that, it looks like Ash has another good traveling companion. ;3

Has to be Misty. Misty was the only character who's comments made me literally laugh out load. She was a good friend to Ash and she had both valuable experience on pokemon, and still much to learn. She also had the strongest personality and best background.

Second would be Ash and Dawn. They seem to be extremelly close and both believe in one another.

Not in a million years would I pick May as the best companion, she was bland, annoying and had the most annoying brother!! (although thats not really her fault).

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kukisanban View Post
    She also had the strongest personality and best background.
    She really didn't. There was nothing about her that was complex or we didn't know on the surface and she was fairly forgettable once you got into Johto. She prided herself on using water Pokemon yet never did anything all that memorable with them while she was traveling. She may have helped Ash grow, but he does the same with the other two. For a character who got the weakest treatment from the writers of the three girls on the cast, she is overrated.

If you're looking for someone with a troubled family, I think Brock was done better.
    Last edited by The Fighting Misty; 6th October 2008 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    She really didn't.she was fairly forgettable once you got into Johto. She prided herself on using water Pokemon yet never did anything all that memorable with them while she was traveling.
    She wasn't forgettable at all. Lots of people quit watching pokemon due to her leaving the group and who doesn't like Psyduck.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanmegaman View Post
    She wasn't forgettable at all. Lots of people quit watching pokemon due to her leaving the group and who doesn't like Psyduck.
    I said forgettable "once you got into Johto."

The original trio as a whole is overrated. Its a trio that was fairly dull and uninspired during the Johto seasons. One of the major reasons Johto was so boring was because Misty losing her personality. Most people who voted for Misty on this poll only did it for the nostalgia of Season 1.

Its almost like people have forgotten what the original trio was like during Johto, its a group that had absolutely no life or excitement to it at all. Misty felt like she became part of the background and there was no chemistry to their interactions and nothing felt interesting.

I still think Misty is a good character but I wish they did more with her in Johto than just shove her into the background.
    Last edited by The Fighting Misty; 7th October 2008 at 02:13 PM.
    Gengarzilla likes this.

I didn't actually watch Johto much because they only show it on TV once unlike other episodes and they show it very early in the morning

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanmegaman
    She uses her Piplup too much.
    Don't forget it had an attitude of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85
    The original trio as a whole is overrated. Its a trio that was fairly dull and uninspired during the Johto seasons.
    But if you place it contemporaneously with other "trios" outside Pokemon, then it fit well and wasn't overrated. Again, this is going back to nostalgia; nowadays it's a different story altogether.

In Love With Snowmen Anikasnow6's Avatar

Default Re: Favourite Ash x Female Traveling Companion (NOT about PokeShipping!!)

Um...I don't think we're supposed to be debating...
    I support Ash and May, or AdvanceShipping. Not solely because I like May, okay? I'm not biased or anything.
    Also, I quit watching pokemon because our TV Wi-Fi connection or whatever sucks...
    I support AdvanceShipping, LuckyShipping, ViridianShipping, FranticShipping, IkariShipping, BelleShipping, HyperShipping, and many other pairings.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default Re: Favourite Ash x Female Traveling Companion (NOT about PokeShipping!!)

Moving this to the Grand Festival and changing the title to something less ambiguous.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Default Re: Favourite Friendship between Ash and his female companions

Anything to do with Misty turns into a war of sorts~

Anyway.This is about the friendships and interactions, so I'm just gonna evaluate them a bit~ (Also, why isn't Iris part of the poll?)

Lets begin with the meetings~ Misty started out with a slap to the face, before getting outraged at the kid for getting her bike destroyed rather than worrying if he turned out alright, yelled at him for showing around his first (bug) Pokemon... I guess they started off on the wrong foot. Misty was shown as a short tempered, tough girl who teased Ash as an incompetent kid but had a softer, caring side towards certain things, such as when Ash told her that his Pikachu is incredibly weak. However, she still yelled back at him. :"D
    After watching the first three episodes again, I noticed that Misty had no belief in Ash as a trainer, she despised his first Pokemon (not even caring about its feelings) and even yelled at him to the point that it almost made him cry. She cursed names at him and saying he was a failure as a trainer, while she herself didn't help at all during the Pokemon Center disaster. However, these interactions were rather real when following her character. Their disputes were fun to watch, making the episodes rather entertaining. I'm not too sure how much this had developed Ash, but it did display how much he really loved and cared for his Pokemon.

The first episode of Ash and May traveling together was adorable. May was the inexperienced trainer this time, but Ash still had a lot to learn. (Man, the Advanced theme is so awesome) *cough* Anyway, May dragged herself behind Ash as he was booming ahead. It was really cool seeing Ash teach May about trainer knowledge, her first Pokemon, learning about her Torchic through a Pokedex. Just for the record, Ash was a much better mentor than Misty. He didn't yell at her, he was patient and giving while still providing the same information. It must've displayed his development as a person, as he isn't so immature anymore.

Dawn didn't have an episode or two of just her and Ash, so there was no real interaction between them at the beginning. She was however, the first (and only so far) to have her introduction episode to herself. Really, the first episodes really expressed Dawn and her Pokemon's interactions. Unlike Misty or May, she was shown as competent on her own, but she was still inexperienced. The way she flailed when reaching for her Pokedex or Pokeball was hilarious, each of the three traveling companions were really different. In the words of Prof. Rowan, "A great Pokemon trainer puts Pokemon about everything else." And that's just what she was doing as she cared for the Pikachu and his trainer, giving a strong first impressions. She was really impressed with Ash, while he was happy to have her come along and was grateful for her help with Pikachu.

It should be perhaps noted that Dawn straight up asked to join Brock and him along, while Misty came up with an excuse and May was "showing him around", but really she needed assistance in traveling. However, she was more happy to spend more time with Pikachu than Ash himself.

During the rest of their sagas, each character bonded really well. Misty claimed herself to be Ash's battle coach, but really she probably learned from Ash too. Their interactions were fun, but if in real life, can be rather damaging to an individual and their relationship. Misty's development came from her bond with Pokemon, mainly Togepi. Same goes with Ash during the beginning saga, but the two still grew a friendly, but bicker-y, relationship. You can tell that their travels affected each other when comparing Misty's disbelief in Ash in the first episodes to the most recent ones.
    May was shown to admire Ash, and even mother him in many ways. This came to the point where she found herself in a bit of trouble, her style in battling was too close to Ash's. This was an incredibly interesting development, as May was heavily influenced by Ash and Ash had to learn something about mentoring, to keep the student's style true. This caused May to leave on her own journey, but it really did show how much Ash had provided her in her life. She is now traveling happily with Drew, Solidad and Harley to various regions and competing in contests. (I really wish they had a Chronicle styled series for them :U )
    Dawn was inspired by Ash in many ways, and she inspired him. They borrowed from each others battling styles to produce something of their own, while complementing each others success. Unlike the previous two relationships, I found Ash and Dawn's to be heavily based around their careers. They both motivated each other, pulled them through "pinches" and their Pokemon bonded as well. Their best quality in the series is that their strong friendship and bond naturally grew, they only bickered slightly at the beginning, and now they hardly do compared to May and Misty. I find that as a much more healthy relationship, and to me, more happier to watch. ;w;

Ash can be said as every one of these three as best friends. They had all influenced him just as he did to them.
    FinalSynFrey and Gengarzilla like this.

Smile~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Foxeaf View Post
    (Also, why isn't Iris part of the poll?)
    This thread was created long before Iris was introduced.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Ok, I'm going to ignore nostalgia completly here. I think Ash X Dawn was best, they really couldn't have gotten that far in the Sinnoh League/Grand Festival without the motivation they gave each other. She even gave Ash no problems over the classic girls bike issue, not telling him until almost 40 episodes later and forgiving him right on the spot when finally mentioning it so she got extra brownie points for that.
    Mikuri and martianmister like this.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast