Favourite Friendship between Ash and his female companions - Page 4

View Poll Results: Favourite Ash X Female Travelling Companion?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ash and Misty

60 35.50%
  • Ash and May

56 33.14%
  • Ash and Dawn

53 31.36%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Favourite Friendship between Ash and his female companions

Blog Entries

I do agree that Dawn and Ash have a slightly different friendship than the others....but I feel like they have more of a sibling relationship.....and everyone knows that kind is not always the best.
    Agree here, even as a pearlshipper, but I think, even for a "sibling relationship", Ash and Dawn have friendship on a different level compared with Ash's relationships with Misty and May. Misty had her "I'm better and more mature than you" thing, meanwhile May is really like a sister to Ash. Dawn is different because she is more like a partner than the other two, she have a complicity with Ash that I never saw on Misty and May.

Not as a girlfriend, but I think Dawn could easily turns into Ash's best friend, aside pikachu or Brock. Or she already is.

What is up!
    Blog Entries

I voted for Ash and Misty.

I thought it was great to see how much Misty would get on to Ash about stuff. Which,I might ad, was very funny.

I think that May was just kinda of a friend more than best friend.

I need to see more of Dawn and Ash to see how they will act together.

Well I like the traveling compainion of Ash & Dawn. I will never 4get Misty and I know everyone feels the same, but the reason Y I like Ash & Dawn is because She was young like him and starting her Pokemon adventure and when she met Ash it was kinda great because he could teach her about almost all she needs to know about Pokemon since he's been through it already and he's still going at it till this day. That's Y I like Ash & Dawn.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Even though I may be biased because I _am_ an advanceshipper, I still liked the dynamics between Satoshi and Haruka (which is why I become an advanceshipper in the first place).

To me Hikari and Kasumi are very similar characters, both young, pretty girls with fiery tempers.
    Comparing the three 'generations' of girls, Haruka stands apart as a more timid, more unsure heroine. Watching her spirit grow mostly through the companionship of her friends was very nice to see.

Kasumi also ditched her personality and became everything other than a strong female lead. She just followed Satoshi around because she liked him, and sort of hung onto his whims.

Hikari I think is the most powerful of the three, but she's too feminine for Satoshi to truly connect to, even though they have the middle ground of both very much loving Pokemon.

So Haruka is Haruka. 8D

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^ Kind of funny you mention that, but Dawn doesn't really seem like Misty at all to me. In fact, I kind of see Dawn as Misty's total opposite. Dawn is all about fashion, girliness, cute Pokemon, and well... Contests. Dawn actually resembles Misty's sisters in a way, almost like Daisy but not as air-headed. May and Dawn have some similarities in personality, but Misty seems fairly different than both of them.

Dawn's interactions with Ash are also more of a sibling/equal status than the way Misty and Ash used to argue or make fun of one another in the early days. And with May, Ash was more of her teacher/adviser until she started learning from Drew later on.

I also kind of wonder what token Dawn will leave with Ash if she travels on her own next region. Ash still has the lure and half ribbon, what will Dawn leave with him?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85
    I also kind of wonder what token Dawn will leave with Ash if she travels on her own next region. Ash still has the lure and half ribbon, what will Dawn leave with him?
    We have to wait on that, and see what the writers have in store for us. It's been said before and I'll say it again, D/P is unpredictable.

I gotta admit, I still can't over that lure scene from the Buizel episode. He literally refused to show Dawn the lure, just to hold it. I don't know if that's like him or not. A blatant "no".

Misty and Dawn do have fiery tempers in ways, in fact all three of them do, but Misty the most. Dawn's more outgoing. And May...er yeah...

I liked the whole teacher/adviser thing that happened in way early AG, but after that, I was like...what happened? They should've showed more of the experience with Ash as a trainer.

You know, for kids! A Concerned Solomon's Avatar

I don't fully understand the question. Is it which character we like better or which dynamic with Ash? Dawn is my favorite of the three, but as a pair Ash and Misty were the most interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JB88 View Post
    I liked the whole teacher/adviser thing that happened in way early AG, but after that, I was like...what happened? They should've showed more of the experience with Ash as a trainer.
    I wish they'd do more with that as well. I mean, the first three episodes (before Takeshi came back) seemed real nice because Satoshi finally showed progression by being on his own and taking someone else under his wing. After those first episodes, it seems they only went back on "Satoshi the mentor" once: when Haruka lost against Tsukiko for being a pompous bitch who over-stressed her newly-caught Fushigidane. After that, that aspect of their relationship seemed to disappear, and they turned to another typical pair of "traveling partners who stick together just for the hell of it" that this anime's so fond of.

Though, I still like Haruka the best simply because her method of tagging along made the most sense. Looking back on the first few episodes, Kasumi didn't really care about her bike.... looking at the way she stutters, it's clear she was just finding an excuse when Satoshi asked her why the hell she's following him. I'm not gonna assume she had a crush like most people would, but apparently, she did take some interest in this newbie Trainer, which is kinda bollocks considering she most likely passed many other Trainers along the way to that fishing dock near Masara Town (which in itself kinda shows that she'd have no trouble traveling alone). Hikari made even less sense. It was basically "hey, my place is on the way to your place. Let's go together".

With Haruka, the situation actually seemed pretty understandable. She didn't know shit about Pokemon, nor did she intend to really get into it at first (I guess that changed either with the incident involving Pikachu, or when Achamo took to her, though like Satoshi being a mentor, this was another interesting thing that was dropped too quickly). She needed a mentor figure to show her the ropes, and she kinda bagged Satoshi by using the bike as an excuse. Satoshi felt obligated, Haruka was begging for assistance, it was overall a pair that actually had reason behind its formation, and that's what I like about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    If that happens, it happens. Once you get used to a revolving door of travel companions, it isn't so bad.

Plus the characters leaving usually turns out to be a blessing in disguise. Look at what happened to poor Brock over the years. Misty's character was also "re-constructed" in AG after what happened to her in Johto.

As long as the character gets a decent sized episode run, it doesn't matter.
    I'm still a bit miffed about Haruka's replacement because Hikari is essentially doing the same damn thing that she's doing. Hikari's growing on me, but I doubt I'll ever be able to shake off the fact that this was practically unneeded outside of cheap advertising purposes. I was actually hoping that, after Kasumi, we could have a female protagonist that's on par with Satoshi, with contests being a permanent second quest that she fills (it makes sense... players could now choose their gender since Crystal, so a show that appeals to both wouldn't be out of the question). Instead, it seems Satoshi (and Pikachu) is going to remain as the only true star of the show, with the girls only co-starring in their respectful generation, which accounts to pushing a huge reset button on the contests every time this happens, which leads to us getting nowhere in seeing a main character become a Top Coordinator alongside Satoshi's quest to become a Master.

Quote Originally Posted by hadosato View Post
    1) When Ash wrecked Dawn's bike, she really didn't get mad, while May and Misty screamed at him. Dawn might of had a 'love in first sight' moment. That would explain her not yelling at him.
    Haruka didn't scream, and the only reason Hikari didn't have some kind of reaction is because Satoshi wasn't even around when Pikachu fried her bike (she did lightly scold Pikachu over it at one point).

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

Blog Entries

Ash and May are so cute together. I also agree that May had the best reason for travelling with Ash. I didn't really like how Misty was always yelling at Ash, and having such a long grudge over a bike?

Blog Entries

Yamato, that must be one thing I must agree with you on May, that their meeting makes the most sense out of the three.

Johto was so botched up, with Marina being someone totally unknown to us unless you've watched Legend, that they couldn't bring the character development for a female player like Ash. I find it derogatory. But I don't think they'll continue this trend for future generations. There's always something original they can pull out.

1) When Ash wrecked Dawn's bike, she really didn't get mad, while May and Misty screamed at him. Dawn might of had a 'love in first sight' moment. That would explain her not yelling at him.
    There was no "love at first sight" either. I think the writers were making a point on this new girl's character, that she's not like the others. So watch out for her new personality.

Well, I'm not okay. Neverender_1862's Avatar
    I live in a world where darkness has gripped and killed all my friends. I live in a world full of despair and hopelessness. SAVE ME FROM THE DARK.
    Blog Entries

Look's like Ash and dawn are bonding already, so i pick them. They've become friends so quickly, and just like ash-may, ash is a good friend for dawn to have.

Okay... this is turning shippy

Blog Entries

Who won't bond with Ash as a traveling companion? That defeats the purpose of it. Ash won't travel with a foe...

Quote Originally Posted by MetaRobo View Post
    Ash and May are so cute together. I also agree that May had the best reason for travelling with Ash. I didn't really like how Misty was always yelling at Ash, and having such a long grudge over a bike?
    Misty's grudge over her bike was not that long. She began to forget why she was traveling with Ash halfway into the first of five seasons. Besides, even most non-Pokeshippers think that getting the bike back was just an excuse. Watch the third episode.

But, back to the topic... I did not say all that to make a Pokeshipping point... just to try and counter the idea that Misty was a worse traveling companion because she had "such a long grudge over a bike." There may be many other reasons why Misty was inferior to May / Dawn, but is that really one of them?

BTW, I like Ash and Dawn for the most fun traveling companion.

Yawn.
    Blog Entries

I say May. I guess its because I prefer her personality over the other two.

Blog Entries

It's kind of hard for me to choose as they all interacted with Ash in different yet still somewhat interesting ways.

If I had to absolutely choose though, I would say Dawn. They seem to be very good friends with one another. Not saying May and Misty (kind of) didn't build a good relationship with Ash, but Dawn and Ash appear to have some kind of special friendly bond with each other. I'm not sure how to explain it well enough but I guess you could get the picture anyway from what I'm trying to say.

So yeah, Ash and Dawn get my vote.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast