Favourite Friendship between Ash and his female companions - Page 3

View Poll Results: Favourite Ash X Female Travelling Companion?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ash and Misty

60 35.50%
  • Ash and May

56 33.14%
  • Ash and Dawn

53 31.36%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Favourite Friendship between Ash and his female companions

They could always bring one of them back to add something that isn't there. You know, some inspiration for Dawn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    I also suspect the writers really want this series to be Dawn's time to shine, and since there's so much Dawn promotion that's probably why they don't show the other girls, even for a few eps, because it'd take the focus away from her.
    Yeah, what's gonna suck is that after we're done with Generation IV and into V, she'll be shoved aside like the rest and limited to cameo appearances. All the hype will be gone, as well as the Pokemon.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If that happens, it happens. Once you get used to a revolving door of travel companions, it isn't so bad.

Plus the characters leaving usually turns out to be a blessing in disguise. Look at what happened to poor Brock over the years. Misty's character was also "re-constructed" in AG after what happened to her in Johto.

As long as the character gets a decent sized episode run, it doesn't matter.

Advanceshipping 4Ever ashxmay123's Avatar

Thumbs up Your Right!

Quote Originally Posted by PorygonZ View Post
    Misty was the least entertaining and most bitchy of them all.
    your right, i think may is the best company, i dont say this because i'm a advanceshipper but, look at the 2 of them, in the beginning they fight a littje but at the episode that ash meets may, may forgives him for destroying her bike.
    if thats not friendship i dont now it anymore

(this is turning out in a shipping debate:D:D:D)
    hi everyone, i'm a advanceshipper and nothing else!!
    send me a message if you are also a Advanceshipper

Nothing of interest here Perxio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ashxmay123 View Post
    (this is turning out in a shipping debate:D:D:D)
    Quit the ':D', shipping debates hijacking unrelated discussions isn't something to cream yourself in glee with, especially when Advanceshipping's just as unlikely as any other ship, and there hasn't even BEEN any debating in this thread, a fact that gave me hope in the fandom for a bit.

May traveling with Ash and being friends isn't unique. AT. ALL. Because all of the main traveling companions did backflips to help or save his hide and vice versa. Forgiving over an accident is nothing compared to all the things Ash and his friends went through when it comes to testing friendships- and every last one of them passed in the long run. But this thread's about your favorite, like the title suggests, but not shipping.

like i mentioned elsewhere....
    i guess it also depends on what season you started watching Pokemon....some of the younger ppl might have started watching it when the Advanced Season began....so unlike ppl who've watched it since the beginning, they dont really know/care about the older characters.

to me, i think ash and misty had the best friendship....ppl consider ash and dawn equals....and ash and misty not equals becuz they quarreled a lot. But what's a friendship without obstacles and bumps??? thats the case of ash and dawn.
    as for misty, i dont think she was bossy at all, except maybe to Brock, but who wouldn't? to ash, i think they were more equal becuz they helped each other more than may and dawn in times of battling each other, league championships, pokemon, TR, and saving each other's butts. i get the feeling ppl think that ash-misty fights were one-sided, but they're not. ash also makes funny comments about Misty all the time, and usually supports his side when they argue. when ash met may and dawn, ash was more role-model/just-there type of person.
    i think this is especially obvious in real life.....most people have more socialization with ppl who they have to consider when making decisions or ppl who you negotiate with and maybe argue a little....they have a bigger impact on you.....whereas if you're making the decisions or doing the teaching, and theres almost no feedback from who you're with, then theres a significantly smaller amount of social interaction. (YAY KUDOS TO MY SOCIALOGY TEXTBOOK)

ahhhh
    sry for the multiposts.....bmgf is acting retarded on my computer right now....

yea and one more thing i want to add is that, at least Ash returned the bike to Misty - in which she was actually sad that she didnt have an excuse to be with Ash anymore, so technically you could say she forgave Ash too. i'm not sure what not returning May's bike means though.....could go both ways....but it just goes to show that Misty indeed had more impact on Ash so he remembered to give her bike back. furthermore....its true that Misty is was a little more mature than Ash when they first met, but its obvious that Ash and Misty's little fights were more like little children's. and thats what made them cute. plus, Ash and Misty both significantly grew more mature towards the end of the johto season. it was nice to see them grow together....enough so that Ash was able to become a "mentor" when May came around. speaking of which, Ash and Misty learned a lot from each other, and certainly a lot about pkmn especially during the Orange Islands. But Ash hasnt really gained relatively much from May or Dawn.....since he's been the mentor, and teh one that makes the decisions.

but i think differently with you, Scott85, that D&P is for dawn to shine......thats the same thing ppl thought about advanced for may....but i dont think she really turned on the light meh.....but if you're right and the writers want her to shine, i hope they stop. she's had enough attention.....and i think its enough for me - heck, if writers give her anymore attention she'll prolly take over ash's spot as main character.
    Last edited by impactkhtennis_thewind; 11th March 2008 at 11:20 PM.

Satoshi's aura is with me

I heavily support Ash and Dawn for these reasons:

1) When Ash wrecked Dawn's bike, she really didn't get mad, while May and Misty screamed at him. Dawn might of had a 'love in first sight' moment. That would explain her not yelling at him.

2) Everytime Ash battles, Dawn gives him support (and even dresses up for him). All Misty and May did were watch.

3) When something good happens, a high five is exchanged. No person just randomly does that. There's a reason for everything...
    Lucario & Satoshi love

Dreamerboi

i prefer ash and misty because the way misty got hotheaded with ash was hiliarious lol then it would have to be dawn and ash as they attitude towards each other is more siblin like than previous ones.

Quote Originally Posted by hadosato View Post
    I heavily support Ash and Dawn for these reasons:

1) When Ash wrecked Dawn's bike, she really didn't get mad, while May and Misty screamed at him. Dawn might of had a 'love in first sight' moment. That would explain her not yelling at him.
    ive heard before that the reason why Dawn didnt get mad was becuz then it would be a lame/redundant thing going on. Dawn not getting mad was just a change the writers made.
    Many people have complained about the whole bike thing....which is very similar to that retarded magikarp salesman. I cant imagine Ash wrecking a bike every single time he meets a new companion. moreover, like i said, Misty was actually disappointed her bike was returned. This implies that she indeed forgave Ash, whereas Dawn not even caring does not necesarrily mean a better friendship.
    as for the 'love in first sight' moment....i heavily disagree lol. Even as a pokeshipper, i have to agree that when Ash and Misty first met, it was far from love at first sight. I think the only love at first sight that might have been slightly apparent was May's first meeting. otherwise i'd have to choose Brock! =]

2) Everytime Ash battles, Dawn gives him support (and even dresses up for him). All Misty and May did were watch.
    dawn dressing up is just something thats part of her personality....it's pretty obvious she's is fond of dressing up and doing things like fixing her hair and her clothes.

3) When something good happens, a high five is exchanged. No person just randomly does that. There's a reason for everything...
    I dont know about May and Max....but there were numerous high-five exchanges between Misty Ash and Brock too.

I do agree that Dawn and Ash have a slightly different friendship than the others....but I feel like they have more of a sibling relationship.....and everyone knows that kind is not always the best.
    In Loving Memory Of Misty

Ash and May because They are like so alike that they just make a great Friendship and when they argue it is So AWSOME!!!!!
    They are almost alike in everyway they are just so much better then Ash and Misty!!!
    and I don't know much about Dawn so no comment there...

This isn't because I'm Advanceshipper but I'm saying Ash and May. The two of them had the best interaction between them as characters, they were so similar in their personalities.

Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

Like whiskey in a teacup beautifly's Avatar

I always liked how Ash and Misty fought alot it just made me laugh and I loved it when Misty traveled with Ash but I am a pokeshipper so thats probaly why.May was favorite in pokemon I liked how Ash was sort of a mentor to her but Misty sort of bossed Ash around.Dawn and Ash are like and I think its kind of cool how their alot alike! I vote 4 Dawn! but Mays my favorite.

is it just me, or does anyone else miss the way the characters expressed their personalities in the anime. Aside from Brock, the characters dont show their character traits. Misty was the most obvious, and it made the anime very fun to watch and comedic in most situations. To be more specific, the characters had a wider range of facial expressions when it was Ash Misty and Brock. As for May, she had a few, but it was an obvious decline. On the other hand, i haven't seen Dawn act like a real anime character. The writers have made her too conservative, and along with Ash, they don't show any facial expressions different from the norm. This is maybe another reason why i loved the show significantly more when Misty was part of it. It was obvious Misty and Ash help bring out their inner-selves and characters, whereas May and Dawn have not had a obvious nor significant effect/influence on Ash's personality.
    In Loving Memory Of Misty

Blog Entries

I have felt that same way too. But I thought I saw some moments at the beginning of D/P. Or maybe that's with every new character you see (like with May's introduction).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast