Favourite Friendship between Ash and his female companions

View Poll Results: Favourite Ash X Female Travelling Companion?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ash and Misty

60 35.50%
  • Ash and May

56 33.14%
  • Ash and Dawn

53 31.36%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Favourite Friendship between Ash and his female companions

Ash Fangirl Forever! animeforever's Avatar

Default Favourite Friendship between Ash and his female companions

** I'm really sorry guys but my first attempt at this thread posted without the Poll attached so this is the right thread for my question and if someone could please delete the bad thread for me I will be very greatful. Thank you**

-----------------------------------------

Ok, there are more than enough Pokeshipping threads out there but not enough general friendship/travelling companion threads!

I did a search and couldn't find anything in here so here goes...

Out of the three main female characters to have travelled with Ash throughout Pokemon so far, who is your favourite and why?

Ash and Misty
    Ash and May
    Ash and Dawn

This is NOT a SHIPPING discussion, friendship only!!!

Personally, I loved it when Ash and Misty travelled together the most and I am one to hope that she may come back again one day. The whole time they where together it was a kiddy/fun love/hate relationship between them which most of the time was very entertaining. They kept things fun and flowing throughout their time together. They had so many exciting adventures and experiences and supported each other the whole time but the episode when Misty left was just so touching, I cried lol ^.^

I also really enjoyed May and Ash's time together as well as we got to see a much more mature and grown up Ash than before. I loved watching how Ash became a mentor and supported May from the very beginning and how they both became stronger through each others actions. They really supported one another to the end which was so sweet. I hope we get to see May again or at least have her mentioned someday!

Ash and Dawn are still new travelling companions and didn't get any alone time together so we don't really know what it would have been like but I do enjoy watching them in their big brother/sister relationship. They always play around and generally have fun around each other and it is really enjoyable watching them grow closer as friends. It is also great to finally see someone who is pretty much equal to Ash in the action.

Now your thoughts....
    Last edited by animeforever; 14th February 2008 at 02:04 AM.
    A loyal Pokemon fan since 1999! Have been and always will be a huge Ash fangril and defiently a 4Kids dub lover, not to mention the original Japanese Pocket Monsters! Favourite characters are Ash, Misty and May! Favourite Pokemon are Jigglypuff and Pikachu! Living in the hopes of getting the 4Kids voice actors back!

Religion is a club Every Breaking Wave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ash and May. It was funny the way that May convinced Ash to let her travel with him in the beginning, and they had a really great dynamic. It was refreshing to see Ash in the role as a mentor for once.

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Ash and Misty of course. They had the best interaction out of any of the twerps so far and Misty was always there to bring back Ash down to earth. How can you not love that?

Second would be Ash and Hikari, they seem like siblings, which is always cute.

Blog Entries

Originally, Ash and Misty. They were the best. Classic.

In the new generations I would say more Ash & Dawn than Ash & May.

Ah, I like them all. I like Misty and everything, but I don't feel as attached to her as some fans do because I started waching consistently during early-mid AG, so I was more used to
    May. To me though, they all have their good points. Misty is tempermental but kind, and she likes water pokemon (Like me). May is goofy but talented and started with a Torchic in Hoenn (Like me). And Dawn has a bad temper as well, but she knows how to control it
    for when it's needed, and she started with a Piplup in Sinnoh (Like me).

Blog Entries

Why do I feel that this will turn into a shipping debate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

Nothing of interest here Perxio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgon Z View Post
    Why do I feel that this will turn into a shipping debate?
    Because it's pretty much inevitable.

Anywho, I went with the Ash and Misty traveling thing. Whenever Misty's character wasn't sucked dry through Togepi, her interactions with Ash were a lot more amusing than anything Ash had with May or Dawn, except maybe Dawn and Ash acting like girlfriends. But Misty the Nutcracker was better. Plus she had the best reason to tag along: stalking him to the ends of the earth just because he ruined her bike. Not reasonable or logical... but come on, totally better than the others' reasons.

For the record, I'm also completely unbiased here. I don't like any of the Ash shippings enough to be influenced by them at all and half the time I forget they exist; I particularly like May for her tendencies to be motherly, which seemed new to me- Misty and Togepi doesn't count, Togepi was a leech; I like Dawn, nothing specifically to be honest, but there's absolutely nothing that sticks out that makes me dislike her. That and all of Ash's traveling companions have had simply friends or sibling-like relationships in my eyes: Brock's the older brother to Ash, Ash is an annoying younger brother to Misty, May and Dawn are like younger siblings to Ash and Tracey's just kinda there but still a friend of Ash and Misty. So since they're all kinda family, nothing here has me leaning towards one more than the other for shipping reasons.

Take It Easy, Chicken Virtual-Z's Avatar

Misty was the least entertaining and most bitchy of them all.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ash and Misty's antics don't really seem all that novel to me, especially since by the late first season Misty's character was all but gone when Togepi came about, and then she just became Ash's wallpaper rather than his constructive (sometimes) criticizer.

Ash and Dawn is vaguely a throwback to that, only no soul-sucking leech to drain away Dawn's interesting traits, and there's elements of the newb under the experienced guy's wing. Though when it comes to the arguing, it seems to be the other way around - Ash is doing more of the criticizing than Dawn is, but that makes sense. It's kind of funny in a way. XD They're a lot like siblings. Though at the same time, they don't feel extraordinarily close yet, but D/P's still relatively young, so I'll give it that.

Ash and May was Ash's first venture as a pseduo-mentor to May, which for its time was an interesting sight to behold. What I really liked was how May was starting to develop Ash-like traits in her coordinating skills later on in the series, which goes to show you how influential Ash was overall to May. They were a lot more like close friends than siblings and considerably different from the other two match-ups, so I think I liked their partnership the best.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Blog Entries

My favorite female traveling companion for Ash is Misty.

While at times, she would be very mean to Ash, whatever she said to him was usually said in a somewhat angry-yet-playful manner. Except for one instance where she said something to him, which I really didn't like (I thought the timing of that statement was rather uncalled for, given what Ash had been through).

But yeah, other than that one time, I really liked Misty. She and Ash, made a great team. And I'm not big on shipping either (besides Ash and Pikachu), so I always saw Misty as simply a great friend and companion to Ash. What everyone has been saying, the brother-sister relationship, does describe Ash and Misty's relationship quite well. Especially considering how the two argued so often. XD

I also, really like the team of Ash and May. May was a great cooridinator. And I thought she had really learned a lot from Ash, during the time she was traveling with him. I have to admit, it was great to see Ash teach someone else the proper way of catching and battling Pokemon. Hehe. XD But yeah, May was a great friend to Ash. And thankfully, overall, she wasn't that mean to Ash, and her temper wasn't as bad as Misty's either. So that part, I really liked! ^^

Even so, I think I still prefer Misty as Ash's female traveling companion. Ash, Misty, and Brock - the 3 of them traveling together is just classic. And of course, it's very nostalgic as well. So yeah, I would like to see Misty return at some point.

As for Dawn, once again, I think she is a great friend to Ash. Though, I haven't seen enough of D/P to make any kind of decision yet, on Ash's overall relationship with Dawn. So I think I'm gonna wait until CN airs more episodes, because I can't really see what Dawn's relationship with Ash is like right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Matkin22 View Post
    Ash and May. It was funny the way that May convinced Ash to let her travel with him in the beginning, and they had a really great dynamic. It was refreshing to see Ash in the role as a mentor for once.
    Same man, I just hope they see each other agian, May is awsome always, I belive they make a great combo, if nothing else fits... :)
    Words of Wisdom From brother Tonika....

''I lie in bed, staring at the stars, I ask myself...... where the freak is the roof!?!?!?''

I have to say Dawn and Ash. Whether friends or not they have the best chemistry out there.
    Ash & Aoi Shipper.
    Ash fan girl.

I like Misty because she is helpful to Ash.I like May because she is a good coordinator, smart and skillful.Dawn and Piplup is being treated like Ash and Pikachu......

I like Dawn because as a person she is more believeable!

I am a Proud Sarah Brightman Fan!

prefered hikari cause of the three,she's the only one who didn't bit his head off for her bike,UNLIKE THE OTHER TWO.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast