CONTEST: Favourite Champion in the Animé

View Poll Results: Who is your favourite champion in the Animé?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lance

3 6.52%
  • Tyson

1 2.17%
  • Wallace

2 4.35%
  • Tobias

0 0%
  • Cynthia

29 63.04%
  • Alder

11 23.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Champion in the Animé

Blog Entries

Default Favourite Champion in the Animé

Which character that bore the title of Champion did you feel was the most impressive, the most personable, the most interesting, etc. Who seemed to have the strongest pokémon? Who made you laugh the most?

In short, who is your favourite Champion in the Animé?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Favourite Champion in the Animé

Still gotta go with Alder like in the games. Even though we've seen barely anything of him, what we've seen of his new anime personality appeals to me the most. Lance was just kind of a classically heroic guy, but didn't offer much besides helping against Team Aqua/Magma. I'd say the same with Cynthia, just replace Aqua/Magma with Galactic. I did like Wallace but my issue was that he was merely a contest buff in the anime, rather than the Hoenn champion. To be totally honest, I never saw Tyson, so I can't really form an opinion. Tobias was just a lazy cop-out on the writers' part.

While I'm probably more than a little biased, I like Alder, because he seems the most human. In the upcoming episode, he's shown to be a little lecherous, hitting on Jenny and Joy, as well as oblivious to his Bouffalant's frustration. I don't look down on him for that, it just shows that despite being one of the strongest trainers in the world, he's an imperfect human like everyone else. Look at Ash. He has plenty of issues himself, like recklessness and plot amnesia, but has plenty of fans despite his flaws.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Blog Entries

Cynthia has been my favorite thus far. She received the most number of appearances throughout her saga, allowing the audience to get more of a feel for her character, and she had this bad ass aura surrounding her. I quite liked her cool, calm, collective self and really enjoyed the role she played in Ash and Paul's rivalry. She fit in nicely and tied the two together, especially with her "When one life meets another life, something will be born."

My only criticism is that she wasn't shown to have flaws, but I thought the writers made up for that with her quirk of never knowing what food to choose in various places. xD

Blog Entries

I can't stand characters with no personality and huge fanbases like Cynthia has. Alder has shown more personality in scans and previews than we've ever seen in Cynthia in all her episodes. Lance is really the only one, I think, who could even start to compare to Alder and we haven't even seen his actual episode, just snippets of personality and it is AWESOME.

So yep. Alder.

And if this world runs out of lovers
    We'll still have each other
    Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now

Click here to join the fabulous Striaton Triplets Club!
    Looking for a legit shiny Cryogonal or Sigilyph!

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Cynthia...don't let my forum set fool you, I'm not THAT into her! XD I just find her the most interesting in terms of how she affected the plot and her subtle quirks and whatnot. That, and she's a comashipper. Oh, don't deny it, you know it's true.

"seasons change, people change"

In the Anime...probably Cynthia.

Lance wasn't much of a champion in the anime, he was called Lance of the Elite Four, or Lance of the Pokemon G-Man! Then he popped up in Hoenn where he had no business being. Still never exhibited much championness.

Tyson...I don't care much about him to be honest. He's got an interesting meowth, but other than that....

Tobias was just ridiculous with his darkrai - he was just the writers solution to not having Ash win the Sinnoh League.

Cynthia, on the other hand, actually got quality screentime AS the champion. She showed up fairly early on in flashback form, and then appeared in person. Her personality was pretty much established straight off. She has trouble being decisive when it comes to ice cream, but not when it comes to Pokemon battles. She's got a powerful Garchomp, was willing to battle some random kid off the street, and was also willing to heal his Pokemon herself. I liked her benevolence. She was a bit...superficial in that she wasn't really shown to have flaws. Other than that, though, I enjoyed seeing Cynthia in the anime.

Alder...people are praising him because of the preview, but I think I'll choose to reserve judgment on him. He seems like he's got an interesting personality, I'm a bit curious to see how his blasé attitude will play out. I think Alder's got a lot of potential to work with. If the writers are able to play up that potential to the full, then I think he should probably rival Cynthia for the top spot.

However...my favorite will likely still be Cynthia. I like her personality.

Blog Entries

Shirona. She gives a wave of mystery and awe in the anime that many all of the other champions don't seem to have.

Do I really have to answer this question? I guess you all know my answer already.
    For a detailed explanation please visit my Cynthia Club. ^^

(Btw, why did you add Tyson and Tobias? They just won leagues but they were never confirmed to be champions)
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

We haven't seen much more than a flashback of Alder.

going with Cynthia since she had more than a couple of appearances and did the most of any of them.

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Wallace - I think him appearing as a contest master than an ordinary champion was more epic.

And I HATE Lance because I think he stole Steven's role at the Hoenn Legendaries Arc. >:(

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tyson is the ship. He is so rad he's smart he's kind he shows his entire team and he has a sweet jacket.

Alder for sure. Full of personality and very fun to watch.

Blog Entries

Adeku is... hilarious. I love how strong, philosophical he is, while having a personality and being humourous. He's badass, and he's really strong as a trainer.

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Alder XDD I like how he is as a champion - sticking to his own lifestyle and being carefree. But we still know that he's got some really epic powers inside him lol

Cynthia.
    Trollbias just cheated with legendary pkmn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast