• Goone

0 0%
  • Dread Grangil

1 4.35%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Favorite Movie Antagonist

Default Re: Favorite Movie Antagonist

I must say Deoxyes from movie 7... I really liked how it didn't meant to harm anyone, but just wanted to find its (girl/boy)friend! And it even protected the one who tried to harm IT! (Rayquaza)

Not really evil. Just misunderstood, just like Darkrai, which I also liked :3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Puppetmaster View Post
    I agree with you for the most part.

However, I find Molly to be a standout and the best antagonist because she didn't set out for world domination, aspire to become supreme ruler of the universe, etc.; she just wanted attention. Her tragic background, which included losing her mother (I don't remember how, though) and then having her father sucked into a vortex leading to the Unown's universe, makes me the viewer feel sorry for her. To compensate for the lack of love, she creates an alternate universe with the Unown's help where she's whatever she wants to be (ages herself into a competent battler right before battling Brock and Misty) and is best friends with a talking Entei. Her story really is something else.
    ^ THAT is exactly the reason why I love the third movie. Its story was really something else. But I really considered Entei to be the antagonist in the movie. I liked Entei just for the mere fact that he was a villain for all the right reasons. We're talking about a Pokemon created from a girl's imagination whose sole purpose was to protect and do anything for Molly by any means necessary. Even if it took kidnapping Delia just for the sake of being able to give Molly a mother. Even in the movie, Entei said "Whether it is right or wrong, I will do as she wishes." Now that's an awesome antagonist in my opinion
    The Puppetmaster likes this.
    sqɹɐɔ ɔıdƎ

Credit to annathornton for the awesomeness that you see above

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

Probably Zero. He reminds me of N. :P Not that I care much for N.

Deoxys is probably the best villain, because it wasn't greedy, or power hungry, it was just scared. Plus, I like that it was a Pokemon rather than just another human who wants to reach some random goal that doesn't make much sense.
    My official Black 2 team.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

追放されたバカ

Molly Hale....So tragic.
    Deoxys........So scared.
    Grings Kodai-This guy is so eco-terrorist, they should have called Captain Planet and the Planeteers to stop him, not AshCO and Zoroark.

The benevolant creator ArceusAlpha493's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought Marcus was pretty sadistic. He tried to kill Arceus by electrocuting and drowning him in Silver Water. In the manga he is worse since when his plan failed, He tried to collapse the shrine to kill everyone incouding himself, In other words its like I am taking you down with me(Andross voice from Star Fox 64)

I never really found Mewtwo as much as a villian. He is kind of like Shadow the Hedgehog. He just held a grudge agoinst humans but Ash sacrificed himself to stop him and Mew from battleling though he was brought back. Though after that, its like the whole movie did not happen. That movie was not really my favorite though it was okay.. I still prefer movies 8 to 13,
    I have posted a Pokemon/Zelda crossover. If you are a fan of both series, please check it out and review. :)

It will also be a crossover with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Land before Time

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/pokemon-legend-zelda-twilight-princess-pokemon-zelda-crossover-124285/

Blog Entries

I definately prefer Mewtwo. What he was trying to do was the probably the least evil of anyone. And he seemed like a nice pokemon that was just mistreated by the jerks at team rocket. Also he was the first super powerful pokemon. Him being the most powerful pokemon was really cool, and I've never seen any other pokemon look as power as he did in the first movie.

Most of the other antaganists just make me want to punch them in the face.

Blog Entries

I... misclicked. ^^'
    I was really going to pick Molly, but I must by mistake have clicked on Dread, oh well.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

As the thread has been moved into Live Caster, please remember to give reasons for your votes. Thank you.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Molly because she had been the only antagonist with pure reasons

There was a poll for this? Uh oh. I think I might have posted an unnecessary topic for this one.

Back on topic, I'd have to give it to Mewtwo. Good backstory, cool castle, cloning machine, psychic powers, eerie voice - everything you could want in an antagonist is here.

Honorable mentions: Molly Hale, The Iron-Masked Marauder and Kyurem.
    FANG-TAN likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Molly Hale by far. Seemed the most genuine of intentions for any kind of villain in this series, and was only a result of wanting her father back. :)
    FANG-TAN and martianmister like this.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

It's a tie between Mewtwo and Mi for me. Sorry Mewtwo, but I have to give Mi some attention here by voting for her.

Mi Snowdon of Movie 3 had to be one of the best-written child characters offered in the Pokemon anime. The third movie as a whole... man, it was just a great film in general, it was definitely one of the highlights of the OS for me. The way Shudo approached Mi's character and the subject matter was just so human... you have to be a monster not to feel sorry for her. Not only is her backstory pretty sympathetic, but the whole reason behind her antagonistic role in the movie ties in with the Unown perfectly - and through the Unown's powers of creating manifestations of human emotions and imagination, you can see how much turmoil the poor girl is going through by losing her parents and feeling alone. As a side note, I love how her family has somewhat of a relationship with Satoshi's background in Masara Town. I love these extra details added to the main character's canon, and I wish they could do more of it, but you know the anime...

Mewtwo is special because his story isn't only touched upon in one movie. He had a six-episode CD Drama and a TV Special (that's pretty much equivalent to three episodes). There's a lot of depth provided for his character within this story as a whole, and you really have to witness it from beginning to end in order to really appreciate him. The dub really does not do him any justice, and I think it's a shame that many fans have not listened to the CD Drama and watched the true versions of his movie/episodes.

I really think the anime episodes could use the same amount of quality to spice things up. Mi and Mewtwo, as characters alone, really show some untapped potential that's barely used in the anime continuity.
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 21st July 2013 at 04:33 AM.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Blog Entries

Zero was a pretty good Villain I thought and good Choice with having A Magnezone as his main Pokemon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234