CONTEST: Favorite girl character? - Page 7

View Poll Results: Favorite Girl

Voters
209. You may not vote on this poll
  • Misty

    81 38.76%
  • May

    96 45.93%
  • Dawn

    71 33.97%
  • Iris

    52 24.88%
  • Jessie

    62 29.67%
  • Soledad [sp?]

    7 3.35%
  • Cassidy

    9 4.31%
  • Nurse Joy

    19 9.09%
  • Officer Jenny

    10 4.78%
  • One of the moms

    14 6.70%
  • Other

    14 6.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 119

Thread: Favorite girl character?

  1. #91
    pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,766
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default Re: Favorite girl character?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snivorita View Post
    I like May the best. When she was first introduced, she came off as kind of goofy, clumsy, and not all that bright, at least when it came to Pokemon. I like that though, it shows she has personality and charm. I like how she didn't even like Pokemon at the beginning. She had to warm up to them on her own and figure out what she wanted to do with her life. I enjoyed watching her contests too, because not only were contests far less predictable and fresher than Ash's Gym Battles, but May would display a lot of emotion when she'd lose. You could say she's a crybaby, but she is a young girl, what do you expect? I enjoy the fact that she has personality, and is a young girl who makes mistakes, but never gives up.
    Thats how i feel about May too.I liked how she decided not to follow her father footsteps not being sure what kind of career to pursue in her life with time starting to become interested in contests.Her development as coordinator had its ups and downs having to work hard experiencing several harsh loses adding realism to her quest.You could tell Ash influenced her training style quite alot serving as her mentor with time Mays character beginning to realize how she is too reliant on his help deciding how its time to move on and establish her own style as coordinator which was best showed in Wallace Cup.

    I also have to say that she had more interesting rivals than Dawn did at least in my opinion.Drew and Soledad served as inspiration pushing her to go forward and Harly was hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snivorita View Post
    I'd say Misty is my third favorite. She started off as a great character, but became really bland after Togepi hatched. The Misty centered episodes after that point were still good, but she still never held much personality. And her always carrying Togepi was annoying.
    I disagree with that.To me Misty was just as interesting as she was before getting Togepi and im not sure from where do you get such idea?

    Only difference i noticed after that with time was her temper being showed less often but you could tell she was still full of personality being interesting in Orange Islands and Johto being full of witty comments and competitive streak,with other traits which were often overshadowed by her temper being showed more often like sarcasm,her humorous side,kindness and determination etc.
    I actually welcome that she got Togepi because it helped her to develop becoming more patient with others with more depth being given to her character being step toward her maturity.

    As a matter of fact now that i think about it Misty actually got much better treatment in Orange and even Johto compared to Kanto.,She helped Ash beat two gym leaders Danny and Rudy giving him advices and motivation,had whole arc like Whirl Cup for her,competitions like Seaking fishing event,battled more often than she did in Kanto having some great interacting with characters gaining rivals like Sakura,fire trainer Egan,helping Brock about girl problems(for example in episode "Heartbreak of Brock"where she encouraged him to go forward),pushing Ash as trainer being like his rival when they battled for same thing like for Totodile or in Whirl tournament etc.She also got some great character development in episodes like "For Crying Out Loud" or "Some Like it Hot" per example.

    Granted most of her focus came in Master Quest which makes me to start suspecting how other members of writing staff tried to redeem for mistakes mr.Shudo did with Misty.It can be noticed how after he left she suddenly gets whole arc for herself,more character focused episodes with writers doing something with her story and dream.Unfortunately that focus came too late and it was too little with writers not having enough time to expand on Misty plots with decision of character getting replaced being already made.


    Shame because she definitely had/has potential and could have been developed much more than what she got.
    In terms of screen time and development she unfortunately didnt received enough.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 4th May 2011 at 03:32 AM.

  2. #92

    Default Re: Favorite girl character?

    So I've been looking through the poll results and it honestly doesn't surprise me much. I know this is only a small sampling size of the overall fandom, but on other forums the poll results usually wind up the same anyway.

    Funnily enough, looking at the poll it almost brings back fandom memories from the AG days, and what the general consensus was back then. In reality its no surprise the way the show continued in its current direction.

    I suppose the only reason Iris has the least votes is people "used up" their votes already and didn't realize they could vote for more than one. Either that or they don't feel as attached to her yet.

  3. #93

    Default Re: Favorite girl character?

    Definitely Jessie. It's because of her fiery personality, and the fact that she can be badass, yes vulnerable.

    Plus the fact that Megumi Hayashibara, Rachael Lillis, and Michele Knotz (when she's being a bit more serious) did/do an amazing job of voicing her helps.

  4. #94
    Something deeper...A bond Eeveeanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Usa/ missouri
    Posts
    288
    Blog Entries
    30

    Default Re: Favorite girl character?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    Musashi will always be my favorite female character. Nobody will ever replace her.
    Could someone please post the japanese names of the girls cause some of your replies i don't know because i never heard the japanese names till now... but mine is and always will be misty...I just wish she would reappear in the series from time to time. I mean brock came back! Why not misty!?

  5. #95

    Default Re: Favorite girl character?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveeanne View Post
    Could someone please post the japanese names of the girls cause some of your replies i don't know because i never heard the japanese names till now... but mine is and always will be misty...I just wish she would reappear in the series from time to time. I mean brock came back! Why not misty!?
    Brock came back originally because Tracey was short-lived only because they feared Brock's eyes wouldn't catch on with American audiences.

    Misty on the other hand was successfully replaced with 3 female protagonists who all have huge fanbases. There was never any reason for the writers to focus on Misty again, which is why after those few re-appearances in AG she stopped appearing entirely.

  6. #96
    Something deeper...A bond Eeveeanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Usa/ missouri
    Posts
    288
    Blog Entries
    30

    Default Re: Favorite girl character?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Brock came back originally because Tracey was short-lived only because they feared Brock's eyes wouldn't catch on with American audiences.

    Misty on the other hand was successfully replaced with 3 female protagonists who all have huge fanbases. There was never any reason for the writers to focus on Misty again, which is why after those few re-appearances in AG she stopped appearing entirely.
    Oh, I see. Well, I would still like to see misty once more, just to see what she's doing now. You know, is she getting along better with her sisters? Is she even more of a formitable gym leader? did she ever travel and catch new water types? I'm just so curious about her, ya know?

  7. #97

    Default Re: Favorite girl character?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveeanne View Post
    Oh, I see. Well, I would still like to see misty once more, just to see what she's doing now. You know, is she getting along better with her sisters? Is she even more of a formitable gym leader? did she ever travel and catch new water types? I'm just so curious about her, ya know?
    The character hasn't been around for an entire decade almost and Best Wishes is a clean slate.

    Since Misty didn't appear in DP back when they still acknowledged the past, I doubt she will during BW's clean slate status. Kanto won't be remake in the games anymore so she's too old now.

  8. #98
    Registered User djulienr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Favorite girl character?

    YES! May is in the lead! :)

  9. #99

    Default Re: Favorite girl character?

    The discussion of whether or not Kasumi/Misty will come back to the show is not relevant to the topic.

  10. #100
    Registered User Eneci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    1,323

    Default Re: Favorite girl character?

    From these characters my fav is Dawn! Strong character with a lot of evolution!
    My favorite girl character are Lyra, bianca and Zoey!

  11. #101

    Default Re: Favorite girl character?

    Dawn is my Top Choice.
    She is one girl that I really respect and I Like her very much!

  12. #102
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: Favorite girl character?

    Dawn all the way:

    - Wardrobe
    - Shipping potential w/ Ash
    - Decent character development
    - Potential representation for a female trainer in the next Smash Bros. title, until Iris showed up

  13. #103
    Long live Haruka (May)! Haruka_Rules!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Petalburg City
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: Favorite girl character?

    May will always be my favorite character. She's so awesome! :)


    Created by Princess of Hoenn

  14. #104

    Default Re: Favorite girl character?

    Mine's Misty. A lot of it is nostalgia, but I always felt like she was a great fit with Ash and Brock. I thought she fit right in, had her own goals and made her own choices and I always loved her relationship with Ash. The love hate relationship but I always felt like Ash and her had a special connection, stronger than the rest and that they sort of fell in love with each other even though they wouldn't admit it even though some of Misty's reactions to when Ash got a kiss from another girl like in 2 of the movies was priceless.

  15. #105
    I'm Alive The Puppetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Broadway
    Posts
    2,086
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Favorite girl character?

    Moved this to Live Caster as a Contest thread. Please keep in mind this rule especially:

    Quote Originally Posted by Live Caster Contest Thread Rules
    When voting please give a reason for why you made that particular choice. Failure to do so will result in a Pointless Post infraction.
    Thank you.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •