• Other

14 6.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Favorite girl character?

Default Re: Favorite girl character?

Voted for misty and jessie.

Misty for her tomboishness, angerness-tist, and I feel like she really change doing her journey and mature more becoming ashes coach.

Jessie the girl is awesome best character period!!! has the best lines.

Iris is growing on me though, and i wish we could have seen more of Cassidy.

I dont know all the girls and guys are great in there own different way.

jessie
    misty
    iris (iris seems sweet, and just positive person)
    dawn (dawn was cute, and i felt she had a girlier vibe, but still liked being a pokemon trainner)
    cassidy (she should have been more of a rival with all the jhoto pointless episodes could have atleast added her)
    may ( i like her until they change her voice, rookie tranner, became skilled and though she laggs personality at times)

If I had to put them in other.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Solidad is listed on this poll but not Zoey, Ursula, or Bianca?

I don't know if I really have a favorite.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer_Gabriel View Post
    Solidad is listed on this poll but not Zoey, Ursula, or Bianca?

I don't know if I really have a favorite.
    Which reminds me, Bianca is definitely a favorite of mine too. She's beyond adorable. And Ursula kicks butt.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Misty for nostalgia, May for character.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sometimes I wonder if Misty was reversed with the other girls, meaning she didn't come first but came 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, would people still like her as much? Let's say her character and story remained exactly the same as we know her now, but she was reversed with say...Iris or something.

A large portion of what surrounds Misty's character is nostalgia, much like the original 151 pokemon. If Misty was reversed with any of the girls who came after her, I wonder what people would think.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

No, she wouldn't mean much at all. She was fun as far as personality and interaction with Ash, but not terribly more than any other companion. It's entirely based off nostalgia, which is why everyone still love the kanto episodes, and why a lot of people still think johto was good even though the majority of it very much wasn't.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if Misty was reversed with the other girls, meaning she didn't come first but came 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, would people still like her as much? Let's say her character and story remained exactly the same as we know her now, but she was reversed with say...Iris or something.

A large portion of what surrounds Misty's character is nostalgia, much like the original 151 pokemon. If Misty was reversed with any of the girls who came after her, I wonder what people would think.
    Personally she'd still be my favorite. I do like her for nostalgia, but mainly for personality.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish View Post
    Personally she'd still be my favorite. I do like her for nostalgia, but mainly for personality.
    I think she would have more fans maybe?

"Theory"

Lets say iris was first and the whole b/w series happen. From the looks of it, it seems like a good series. Then Dawn, Ok she bought contest to the table+rookie trainner, not a sdekick, blah blah blah. Then Misty happen, and finally May.

I think she might have more fans due to the fact that the first season was the best! Its like kanto finish then they went with advance, which was good but not as good as the first season. I thinks fans would be like "I miss Kanto series it was the best one, didn't they do the whole contest thing already."

Lol I'm j/k by the way I also like Zoey and blonca.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatΛiver View Post
    No, she wouldn't mean much at all. She was fun as far as personality and interaction with Ash, but not terribly more than any other companion. It's entirely based off nostalgia, which is why everyone still love the kanto episodes, and why a lot of people still think johto was good even though the majority of it very much wasn't.
    Sorry but no,even if Misty came later on she would still by my favorite.She has fantastic personality and made this show more funny having that deep and entertaining chemistry with group contributing to quality character interaction.In my opinion anyway.
    I was also more impressed with her sad back-story having to grow up without parents living in shadow of her older sisters having to prove herself to everyone with life not being easy for her.
    Her collection of water pokemon was quite interestinb too with Psyduck,Poliwag(later its evolution forms)and Staryu being at that time my favorite pokemon she had admiring her aspiration of striving to become master of water types.

Dont get me wrong i liked other girls like May,Dawn and now Iris too.Its just they never lived up to my expectations like Misty did.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Sometimes I wonder if Misty was reversed with the other girls, meaning she didn't come first but came 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, would people still like her as much?
    Yes. Iris is (in many ways) post-Shudo version of Misty, and she is pretty popular, even through she gets less screentime from Misty in her first 30 episodes.
    Last edited by martianmister; 26th April 2011 at 11:21 AM.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

I think people need to stop making generalizations for why people like a certain character....for some people nostalgia doesn't even play an important role, sometimes not at all...that being said...

Misty is my favorite, and Iris is a close second...but Misty is my main girl hands down. She had a very colorful and dynamic personality, which was handled fairly well in moderation in later episodes. IMO, she was the perfect blend of tomboyish spunkiness and loving tenderness. She was a character with a number of perks that made her so very unique. She was a strong and passionate trainer but didn't sacrifice her femininity for it, which adds to her appeal.

Blog Entries

Even though Misty will always be my favorite, I'm pleased that May's taking the lead in the poll. I always felt like she was underrated but I'm guessing I was wrong. Nice to see.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Even though Misty will always be my favorite, I'm pleased that May's taking the lead in the poll. I always felt like she was underrated but I'm guessing I was wrong. Nice to see.
    The character has been gone for 5 years since the end of AG, besides her short DP appearance, most discussions of that character were concluded years ago. It seems to me that May fans don't have to constantly reassure themselves why they like her nor do they need to rant on message boards.

I honestly think the most popular part of the AG series was May's contests. Aside from people liking Ash's Hoenn Pokemon, she was pretty much the main selling point of that saga. There were really no other main storylines at the time since Ash had no rival and the villain team barely appeared.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

The character has been gone for 5 years since the end of AG, besides her short DP appearance, most discussions of that character were concluded years ago. It seems to me that May fans don't have to constantly reassure themselves why they like her nor do they need to rant on message boards.

I honestly think the most popular part of the AG series was May's contests. Aside from people liking Ash's Hoenn Pokemon, she was pretty much the main selling point of that saga. There were really no other main storylines at the time since Ash had no rival and the villain team barely appeared.
    Just because someone likes a character doesn't mean you have to put them down.

Your really saying "May" was the main selling point of Ash's adventure in Hoenn?

Blog Entries

For some, yes. I liked Ash in Hoenn, but he had no rival and there were really no other story arcs in that saga besides Magma/Aqua who barely appeared.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast