CONTEST: Favorite Best Wishes Gym Battle?

View Poll Results: Favorite Best Wishes Gym Battle?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • VS Pod/Chili

0 0%
  • VS Corn/Cress

1 1.89%
  • VS Dent/Cilan

2 3.77%
  • VS Aloe/Lenora (first try)

1 1.89%
  • VS Aloe/Lenora (rematch)

0 0%
  • VS Arti/Burgh

0 0%
  • VS Kamitsure/Elesa

6 11.32%
  • VS Yacon/Clay

4 7.55%
  • VS Skyla/Fuuro

4 7.55%
  • VS Hachiku/Brycen

16 30.19%
  • VS Homika/Roxie

17 32.08%
  • Other (in case Satoshi needs to battle someone for a badge in a future episode)

2 3.77%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Favorite Best Wishes Gym Battle?

Blog Entries

Default Favorite Best Wishes Gym Battle?

Now that Satoshi has acquired the 8 Badges necessary to enter the Isshu League, which Gym Battle that Satoshi fought in to get those Badges was your favorite?

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Favorite Best Wishes Gym Battle?

None of them were particularly excellent, but I like the Dent, Fuuro, and Homika battles the best.

Dent for obvious.. aldkflasj fangirl reasons...

I probably like Fuuro's the best because of the tense build-up we had to it, and that it was a battle of philosophies and on Satoshi's side, conviction. I liked the battle against Homika as a sentimental favorite, only because Homika's personality is so original and she and her band are awesome.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

I really think his battle against Elesa was a real wake up call for him, but I'd have to go for Skyla's battle.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One problem that I had with most of the gym battles was that they were a bit unfair somehow. Three had the usual gym-volution, and Homika did 6 on 3. That leaves Striaton, Elesa, Brycen and Lenora.

In Elesa's battle Palpitoad trolled Zebstrika (like it should have) and if Elesa had had a half-decent Pokémon at the end Pikachu may well have lost. Ash acted like a noob here and I didn't like that.

Brycen's battle also involved a bit of luck. That chance Focus Blast hitting was just too good to be true. It wasn't a bad battle, however, beside that Pignite wasn't the star :(

That leaves the first two gym battles, ironically.

I really can't decide between the two.

In Striaton Ash used some good stragegies and, beside when Pikachu got mauled, his mons faught well.

In Lenora's, however, Ash trained hard for the battle and, even if there was a bit of luck in Aqua Jet hitting, his Pokémon fought hard for him.
    Shinneth likes this.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

With his gym battles, there's always some battle I like but a lot of everything else is luck or unbelievable.

Striaton Gym:Okay.
    Tepig, survived too long and took too many attacks and Pansear only fell to two Tackles and an Ember.
    Oshawott, best battles, believable and nice strategy with the scalchop and Water Gun.
    Pikachu

Nacrene Gym:Not really exciting.
    Tepig..survived a tad too long, nothing to cry over though.
    Oshawot..Lucky Aqua Jet there, otherwise okay.

Castelia Gym:Meh
    Sewaddle, fun battle against Dwebble and cool strategy. Killed by mid-battle evolution and defeating Whirlipede.
    Pikachu, nice thing with his tail causing him to lose his balance.
    Tepig, I'm tired of seeing Tepig being used at this point.

Nimbasa Gym:It was believable and nice
    Palpitoad, he got a win in a gym. Good, not too exciting but acceptable.
    Snivy, I didn't like seeing her being used here. Roggenrola should have taken her place, and he could have gotten that win.
    Pikachu, I liked the final Iron Tail.

Driftveil Gym:Getting better, fun battle for sure.
    Oshawott, this otter wins. Fantastic strategy and battle.
    Snivy, the most boring and unstruggle-worthy pieces of shit battle ever.
    Boldore, the evolution gave me a headache but, at least the wrestling and final blow was a'ight enough. Why Rock Smash though? Why not Bulldoze?

Mistralton Gym:Not really amazing but, cool enough.
    Krokorok:Why the loss again? To one Air-Cutter?
    Tranquill:Evolution headache, but the final the aerial battle was alright. Should have learned Sky Attack though.
    Pikachu:A tad overused, I at least liked the strategies and how the animators did so well on his acrobatic like battling style.

Iccirus Gym:Best gym so far!
    Scraggy:Lucky Focus Blast and quick KOing of Vanillish with 2 moves...it was good though.
    Pignite:Fire Pledge and Flame Charge beating of Cryogonal with two moves, with one buffered because of Reflect? I didn't mind though because that final Fire Pledge in a way to beat Rapid Spin was great.
    Krokorok:Oh, Krokorok. Why must you be so awesome? Must decided win, survived a tad long but good.

Virbank Gym:Good gym.
    Boldore, Unfenzant, and Leavanny:Managed to do damage, but I'm overall glad they went down quickly to show just how not strong they are.
    Pignite:Nice win there porky.
    Pikachu:Cool win and battle.
    Palpitoad:Oh..Palpitoad, I wish he had gotten a win over Pikachu or Pignite.

*With Roxie's Gym I really think Ash could have won it with three Pokemon if he had just used Oshawott, Pignite, and Pikachu. Palpitoad did no damage so he didn't really matter. Pignite roasted and defeated Scolipede on his own with Leavanny not landing one hit and so did Pikachu with Garbordor. Oshawott is a stronger Pokemon than Leavanny, Unfezant, or Boldore and could have beat Koffing on his own in a 3 on 3 match against Roxie but, then again that means Ash's reserves wouldn't get the screentime.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

I have to give it to Homika. The battle was enormous, and it was clear that Homika was an incredibly skilled opponent, so her handicap against Satoshi made sense. Satoshi used some pretty good strategies to take down her Pokemon, with all of his mons doing extremely well (even though a few of them went down rather quickly).

Honorable mentions go to the Yacon and Fuuro battles.
    martianmister and Reila like this.

Simply Homika, awesome music, awesome battle and also awesome confidence showed by Homika.

Those Pecha Berries she kept means she doesn't mid healing opponent's Pokemon all day long, and she defeated Gothitelle which is a Psychic type with no problem. Also Boldore who is a Ground Type, have resistance to Poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Gym Leader Byron View Post
    *With Roxie's Gym I really think Ash could have won it with three Pokemon if he had just used Oshawott, Pignite, and Pikachu. Palpitoad did no damage so he didn't really matter. Pignite roasted and defeated Scolipede on his own with Leavanny not landing one hit and so did Pikachu with Garbordor. Oshawott is a stronger Pokemon than Leavanny, Unfezant, or Boldore and could have beat Koffing on his own in a 3 on 3 match against Roxie but, then again that means Ash's reserves wouldn't get the screentime.
    You have either underestimated Koffing or overestimate Oshawott, you think it can land a Aqua Jet with Koffing at that speed? Or he can get to hit with Shell Blade before getting poisoned? Or his Water Gun deflected by Gyro Ball just like Rock Blast? Tackling the Koffing?

The team has to be Leavanny, Pignite and Pikachu.
    Last edited by Mareepy; 11th July 2012 at 10:03 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    You have either underestimated Koffing or overestimate Oshawott, you think it can land a Aqua Jet with Koffing at that speed? Or he can get to hit with Shell Blade before getting poisoned? Or his Water Gun deflected by Gyro Ball just like Rock Blast? Tackling the Koffing?

Oshawott unlike Leavanny actually has been trained and has had quite a few interesting strategies and battles in the past. Koffing Levitates, it's not outside the realm of belief that Aqua Jet could nail Koffing. The thing has Hydro Pump now, that just shows how much he has grown since the beginning of the show. Razor Shell or Aqua Jet could knock out Koffing. Oshawott trained for speed back in Stephan's first episode remember? This isn't the first time Oshawott has dealt with a speedy opponent and the Scalchop could be used for Sludge Bomb eliminating the chance of Poison.
    Caseydia likes this.

Oshawott unlike Leavanny actually has been trained and has had quite a few interesting strategies and battles in the past. Koffing Levitates, it's not outside the realm of belief that Aqua Jet could nail Koffing. The thing has Hydro Pump now, that just shows how much he has grown since the beginning of the show. Razor Shell or Aqua Jet could knock out Koffing. Oshawott trained for speed back in Stephan's first episode remember? This isn't the first time Oshawott has dealt with a speedy opponent and the Scalchop could be used for Sludge Bomb eliminating the chance of Poison.
    No, no and no. It hasn't learn Hydro Pump yet in that episode dude.
    It can deal with Speedy Opponent? Koffing may just go a bit left or right at the attempt to Aqua Jet or Shell Blade before Oshawott fall and hit the ground at his jump to attack.
    I also remember him failing to deflect many things with scalchop.
    Last edited by Mareepy; 11th July 2012 at 10:41 AM.

Blog Entries

No, no and no. It hasn't learn Hydro Pump yet in that episode dude.
    It can deal with Speedy Opponent? Koffing may just go a bit left or right at the attempt to Aqua Jet or Shell Blade before Oshawott fall and hit the ground at his jump to attack.
    I also remember him failing to deflect many things with scalchop.
    ....I never said it would use Hydro Pump. I said that the fact it learned it show its growth since Ash got it back in Juniper's lab.

Okay.

Blog Entries

Also Boldore who is a Ground Type, have resistance to Poison.

Boldore's a Rock type...
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I would say the Striaton brothers, Homika, and finally Elesa. Watching Ash's battle against Elesa just kept me laughing. Homika was really entertaining too, and the Triplets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gengarzilla View Post

Boldore's a Rock type...
    Oops, I thought it is Rock/Ground Type. My mistake then :P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gengarzilla View Post

Boldore's a Rock type...
    Oops, I thought it is Rock/Ground Type. My mistake then :P

No problem ;)

Hypnodance FTW!

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Ah, no - I clicked the wrong gym. I didn't see Homika at the bottom of the poll :( My pick is Homika because of her exceptional ability in using Poison-types. Personally, I think she rocks!! XDD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast