CONTEST: Dawn's Togekiss vs Ash's Unfezant

View Poll Results: Togekiss or Unfezant?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Togekiss

9 52.94%
  • Unfezant

5 29.41%
  • I can't choose

3 17.65%

Thread: Dawn's Togekiss vs Ash's Unfezant

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default Dawn's Togekiss vs Ash's Unfezant

The two Normal/Flying girls duke it out! Which one is the better battler? Which one is cuter? Which one if your favorite?

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: Dawn's Togekiss vs Ash's Unfezant

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    The two Normal/Flying girls duke it out! Which one is the better battler? Which one is cuter? Which one if your favorite?
    Damn you Karamazov, making me choose between them >:I

Pansage was seen clinging to Togekiss and tag battling with Unfezant, Shipping hints? Pansage has an affinity for birds doesn't he? :PPPP

Well, Togekiss is easily my second favorite/favorite member of Dawn's whole team, I pretty much liked all of Dawn's team except Piplup, Buneary, Pachirisu after early DP, Ambipom after being traded and liking ping-pong, and Cyndaquil after a few episodes. Unfezant is a cool chick(Pun not intended.) herself too no doubt so this is gonna be hard.

Battling

Kinda hard to pick. Togekiss's appealing and graceful skills are in a league of their own, like Brock said during the Grand Festival but apparently her battling skills aren't nearly as honed. Aura Sphere, Safeguard, Air Slash, and Sky Attack seems like a good moveset, mainly for Contest. Then we have Unfezant who has Air Cutter, Gust, Quick Attack, and Aerial Ace. When it comes to speed I think Unfezant rules given how often people talk highly of her speed and flying abilities so I think she has Togekiss beat in that department. When it comes evasion, Togekiss rocks, her evading skills when doing so as if she's dancing in thin air are always entertaining for me to watch. When it comes to direct power, I think Unfezant could win by a small margin if she had Sky Attack. Otherwise I think these two are about even actually nah I think Unfezant wins in strength. There's so much power behind Aerial Ace and Air Cutter for Unfezant it's ridiculous and in a game of who can take more punishment I say Unfezant.

Unfezant VS. Togekiss

Unfezant/Tie. As much as I really like Dawn's Togekiss, her moveset wouldn't be up to scratch to deal with another Flying-type imo. Safeguard would be useless, Aura Sphere wouldn't do much damage nor would Air Slash, and Unfezant could hit Togekiss before she hit her with Sky Attack due to the superior speed. Unfezant's Gust, Air Cutter, QT, and AA aren't gonna deal massive damage but she does have Super Luck in her arsenal and Gust could easily whip Togekiss off her balance since she's shown to lose her balance easily if hit by a strong wind-ish move if Seviper's Haze and Jessie's Yanmega's assaults are anything to go by. Togekiss also has trouble keeping calm when in a chaotic situation, Zoey's Glameow threw her off her game completely. Unfezant has a more aerial dynamic and agile form also so would probably be able to save herself if she ever got hit directly or swerve better and the Pokedex says female Unfezant are quite speedy.

Design Wise

Togekiss, I always liked how she looks so angelic and graceful. Plus if the Pokedex is anything to go by Togekiss by nature are Pokemon that respect one another's rights and avoid needless strife and never appear where there is strife. That's always been one of my favorite dex entries, Togekiss' empathetic sensitivity and dislike of strife and overtly negative emotions. Unfezant's a bird and just you know, a bird. Probably not one to judge her design since I always thought they were ugly, mask or no mask. When she's expressive she can be pretty cute.

Personality

Togekiss is graceful and motherly, Unfezant is slow, determined, and likes to flex her muscles at times. I vote for Togekiss here just for the sheer sake of consistency, Unfezant's traits aren't displayed enough for me to vote her unfortunately.

Favorite?
    Togekissu. :3
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 26th March 2013 at 10:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Togekiss because it can use contest styled moves to dodge, defend, and attack.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I thought I would come up with an answer after some time to think, but I'm pretty conflicted here. I think Togekiss had the best moveset and design, and she got more battles. I prefer Unfezant's personality and loved her battle against Skyla. I can't choose here.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary View Post
    I thought I would come up with an answer after some time to think, but I'm pretty conflicted here. I think Togekiss had the best moveset and design, and she got more battles. I prefer Unfezant's personality and loved her battle against Skyla. I can't choose here.
    Actually, Unfezant battled Swanna, Swoobat, Frillish, Pikachu, Koffing, Riolu, and *The Kami Trio*. Togekiss only battled Seviper, Yanmega, Glameow/Gallade. Agreed, Unfezant battle against Skyla was one of the most visually stunning things ever. The aerial battle really was great.

Blog Entries

Togekiss is cute but she didn't have much time to really impress me given how late Dawn got her. Unfezant has also come off as somewhat bland to me, though, but she did get a lot more screentime and had some cool battles... honestly I'm somewhat torn. They both have good and bad points but I think Togekiss interested me a slight bit more.
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Blog Entries

I pick Togekiss. She is classy, has an interesting moveset and was used not only in battles, but in contests as well. Design-wise, I like Kenhallow the most, but she doesn't have 'something' special, except for being the first [confirmed] female bird in Satoshi's team. Hell, even Yorunozuku, who previously were the most boring bird in the series, has the shiny factor on its side.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

I can't decide. I like Togekiss more than Unfezant as a species, yet Dawn's Togekiss was the least seen of her Pokes... It only got a badass moment against Zoey.
    Unfezant has got that nice Skyla battle, as well as BW109... Yet, it's not male (that would be awesome)

Unfezant is a better battler IMO, yet she lost to a freakin' Riolu. I just can't choose.

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

I prefer the Togekiss species in general but when it comes to these two individuals, I just can't figure out who would rule the roost here. Granted, Togekiss has the better moveset out of the two with Aura Sphere, Air Slash, Sky Attack, and Safeguard. She wasn't exactly meant for Ash style battles though unlike Unfezant, but Unfezant's current moveset of Quick Attack, Gust, Air Cutter, and Aerial Ace really isn't as good.

Yep, I'm stumped on this one so I'm just going to bail out and say that I can't choose...
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Blog Entries

While I do really like the Togekiss/Togepi-line in general, my vote definitely goes to Unfezant. What is there really to like with Togekiss anyway?

Togekiss is somewhat powerful, but I've had a really hard time accepting it due to several factors. Without there being any kind of bonding between Dawn and Togekiss (resulting in it just being handed to Dawn because it liked contests) it was awfully hard for me to take Togekiss seriously and like it at all, especially as it got extremely few episodes where it was featured in and where its character could be further expanded. I especially disliked how it in its one and only Contest Battle with Dawn was used in the final against Zoey. It had no business whatsoever to be in that battle, and even though it did lose it was still used in Dawn's most important battle, where someone like Buneary, Pachirisu or Mamoswine felt like natural candidates as they had been together with Dawn since very early on.

While those factors made me dislike Togekiss thoroughly, its personality is nothing compelling either. It's not bad, but there's not really anything especially appealing with it either. It's rather generic, thus making it boring. Overall it might just be my most disliked capture for a main character yet.

Not really a fan of Unfezant either, though she has at least managed to impress from time to time. Unfezant has shown some true spirit when it comes to battles, and every battle I've seen it participate in it has always gone all out, making it admirable IMO. Its battles with Swanna, Koffing, Riolu and the Kami Trio have all been battles that at least I've been really impressed by, and with its powerful moves and speed I'd say that Togekiss is pretty much toast if they ever were to battle. Design-wise, however, Togekiss definitely takes the price, so while Togekiss definitely wins there Unfezants takes home the price for everything else.
    Last edited by Chiplet; 11th April 2013 at 05:07 PM.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''