CONTEST: Which Companion has the Best Team? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Who's the best

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Misty

    1 4.00%
  • Brock

    3 12.00%
  • May

    12 48.00%
  • Dawn

    8 32.00%
  • Iris

    1 4.00%
  • Cilan

    0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: Which Companion has the Best Team?

  1. #16
    It's hero time! Ben 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    337
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Which Companion has the Best Team?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Krokoroks win was cheap too. And Quilava was good enough to endure the battle until Cynthia stopped it. And then every new main girl has to beat the old main girl.
    It was cheap just like how Quilava endured the battle and when Quilava was a OP Cyndaquil. Regardless of the trend May is still stronger then Dawn just like how Dawn is stronger then Iris maybe.

  2. #17
    Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    679

    Default Re: Which Companion has the Best Team?

    May. Her team is full of powerful evolved Pokémon, and even the ones that aren't fully evolved are really strong. She also has the best type coverage.

  3. #18
    THE TOAD/SPY IS BACK!!!!! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    LOCATION OF SPYPITOAD: UNKNOWN
    Posts
    1,507
    Blog Entries
    56

    Default Re: Which Companion has the Best Team?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Krokoroks win was cheap too. And Quilava was good enough to endure the battle until Cynthia stopped it. And then every new main girl has to beat the old main girl.
    It was cheap just like how Quilava endured the battle and when Quilava was a OP Cyndaquil. Regardless of the trend May is still stronger then Dawn just like how Dawn is stronger then Iris maybe.
    Nope, Dawn is stronger.
    You know you are followed...
    You know you are seen...
    You know that your secrets are revealed...
    You know that he is close...
    You know that you can not catch him...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

  4. #19
    It's hero time! Ben 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    337
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Which Companion has the Best Team?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Nope, Dawn is stronger.
    May is stronger then Dawn especially considering that neither Dawn's team or her style is resolved around Power.

  5. #20
    THE TOAD/SPY IS BACK!!!!! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    LOCATION OF SPYPITOAD: UNKNOWN
    Posts
    1,507
    Blog Entries
    56

    Default Re: Which Companion has the Best Team?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Nope, Dawn is stronger.
    May is stronger then Dawn especially considering that neither Dawn's team or her style is resolved around Power.
    And Mays did? Munchlax? Skitty? Beautifly?
    And we do not know for sure how strong Mays Venusaur are. It may be weak and it may be powerful. We have only seen Glaceon in one-two battles since it evolved and no one of them were very impressive. What is left then? Blaziken and Wartortle. Blaziken is powerful and Wartortle too. But that is not enough to defeat Dawn.
    You know you are followed...
    You know you are seen...
    You know that your secrets are revealed...
    You know that he is close...
    You know that you can not catch him...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

  6. #21
    It's hero time! Ben 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    337
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Which Companion has the Best Team?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    And Mays did? Munchlax? Skitty? Beautifly?
    And we do not know for sure how strong Mays Venusaur are. It may be weak and it may be powerful. We have only seen Glaceon in one-two battles since it evolved and no one of them were very impressive. What is left then? Blaziken and Wartortle. Blaziken is powerful and Wartortle too. But that is not enough to defeat Dawn.
    Munchlax was a little powerhouse and Skitty and Beautifly handled themselves much better then Buneary or Pachirisu did.
    Glaceon showed that it was much stronger then Dawn's Piplup who is behind Mamoswine as her strongest. Even then Mamoswine is not impressive in the slightest it has no good wins despite how early it evolved and the only real battle it had it got pummeled. May's team has been gone for 2 generations now and despite that overall she has a much stronger aura then Dawn has ever had. That is hypocritical to say that Glaceon isn't impressive despite showing it's strength yet say Wartortle is strong when all it did was a appeal round. May has a better overall team and more coverage which obviously shows she has a better team then Dawn's.

  7. #22
    Geek of the Games CynthiaLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Dating Cynthia
    Posts
    1,058
    Blog Entries
    27

    Default Re: Which Companion has the Best Team?

    May, hands down. Her team was more diverse, covered more weak points, had greater balance, and a much smoother and focused style. Dawn's was good, too, but she was more flashy than anything. May, on the other hand, despite her initial lack of confidence at the start of her run, shown to have greater competence, the ability to learn from past mistakes more easily, and more of an ability to improvise on the fly (Combusken's first contest is a good example, able to make a bad situation into a good one). She also never had a Pokemon disobey her once, something that both Dawn and Iris had problems with (Mamoswine, Piplup at the start, and 3/4th Iris' team disobeyed their Trainers at one point or another).

    So May had the best team of all the companion Trainers. And she herself proved to be a very good Trainer, even though she had a rocky start, something that her Pokemon reflected.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

    Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

    I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."


  8. #23
    THE TOAD/SPY IS BACK!!!!! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    LOCATION OF SPYPITOAD: UNKNOWN
    Posts
    1,507
    Blog Entries
    56

    Default Re: Which Companion has the Best Team?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    And Mays did? Munchlax? Skitty? Beautifly?
    And we do not know for sure how strong Mays Venusaur are. It may be weak and it may be powerful. We have only seen Glaceon in one-two battles since it evolved and no one of them were very impressive. What is left then? Blaziken and Wartortle. Blaziken is powerful and Wartortle too. But that is not enough to defeat Dawn.
    Munchlax was a little powerhouse and Skitty and Beautifly handled themselves much better then Buneary or Pachirisu did.
    Glaceon showed that it was much stronger then Dawn's Piplup who is behind Mamoswine as her strongest. Even then Mamoswine is not impressive in the slightest it has no good wins despite how early it evolved and the only real battle it had it got pummeled. May's team has been gone for 2 generations now and despite that overall she has a much stronger aura then Dawn has ever had. That is hypocritical to say that Glaceon isn't impressive despite showing it's strength yet say Wartortle is strong when all it did was a appeal round. May has a better overall team and more coverage which obviously shows she has a better team then Dawn's.
    Glaceon showing its strenght in ONE battle can not be used as an argument against Piplup. Piplup has become a lot stronger since Wallace Cup too.
    You know you are followed...
    You know you are seen...
    You know that your secrets are revealed...
    You know that he is close...
    You know that you can not catch him...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

  9. #24
    It's hero time! Ben 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    337
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Which Companion has the Best Team?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Glaceon showing its strenght in ONE battle can not be used as an argument against Piplup. Piplup has become a lot stronger since Wallace Cup too.
    With that logic the same can be said about Glaceon who is bound to have gotten even stronger after being gone for so long.

  10. #25
    Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Cerulean Gym, missing Ash and Brock
    Posts
    395
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Which Companion has the Best Team?

    With DW abilities: May
    W/Out them: Misty

  11. #26
    It's hero time! Ben 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    337
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Which Companion has the Best Team?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain View Post
    With DW abilities: May
    W/Out them: Misty
    I would have gone with Misty but she was around back when there were little to no good moves. Along with the fact that her team doesn't seem to have much coverage.

  12. #27
    THE TOAD/SPY IS BACK!!!!! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    LOCATION OF SPYPITOAD: UNKNOWN
    Posts
    1,507
    Blog Entries
    56

    Default Re: Which Companion has the Best Team?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Glaceon showing its strenght in ONE battle can not be used as an argument against Piplup. Piplup has become a lot stronger since Wallace Cup too.
    With that logic the same can be said about Glaceon who is bound to have gotten even stronger after being gone for so long.
    Off course but i does not change the matter that we hardly saw Glaceon/Venusaur/Wartortle battle since they evolved.
    You know you are followed...
    You know you are seen...
    You know that your secrets are revealed...
    You know that he is close...
    You know that you can not catch him...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

  13. #28
    Unregistered User Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Posts
    732
    Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Which Companion has the Best Team?

    I was going to say Brock but reading the topic changed my mind to May.

  14. #29
    It's hero time! Ben 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    337
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Which Companion has the Best Team?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Off course but i does not change the matter that we hardly saw Glaceon/Venusaur/Wartortle battle since they evolved.
    Exactly so it's non sense to count them out. I like Dawn and all but she does not feel like the strongest companion at all.

  15. #30
    Power of Three Corleone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Halliwell Manor
    Posts
    424

    Default Re: Which Companion has the Best Team?

    I always liked Dawn's team for some reason. It had evolved Pokemon and un-evolved Pokemon. It just seemed really balanced.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •