• Cilan

43 51.81%
  • Brock

40 48.19%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cilan VS Brock

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dento VS Brock

Dento, because of its fabulous appearance.

Blog Entries

I picked Dento because I just love his personality. Plus he has a sexy voice lol.

Look Forward, Team Rocket!

Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I like Dento better than Brock because his Tasting Time rules XDD

Default Re: Cilan VS Brock

Cilan, but Brock is a legend...
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

I like the earlier Brock (Kanto - Hoenn). He was a funny guy but he really knows his thing. And also because he has Crobat. :D

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Eh, I was getting a bit bored of Brock's antics during mid-late Sinnoh so Cilan was a real breath of freah air for me. He also supplied the anime with an almost unlimited number of sparkles, we can't really argue with that.

Hypnodance FTW!

gone...
    Blog Entries
    Add Konstantinos on Facebook
    Follow Konstantinos on Tumblr Visit Konstantinos's Youtube Channel

Cilan ofc! Brock was boring, even the girl gag was boring. Cilan's tasting time, though? Invaluable!

It's about to get Frosty! xXFrostXx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit xXFrostXx's Youtube Channel

Cilan. Just Cilan.

Cascade Trainer Mikuri's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator

When Brock returned for the Advanced Generation series I was a little puzzled. Misty always received more focus than him, so if someone had to come back, logic would dictate she would be this someone, not him. I'm not saying I hated Brock coming back, but his existence lost its meaning in AG; we had Ash and May working hard to get their Badges and Ribbons, and Brock sharing the small role of commentator with little genius Max. It was as if Brock was there only to cook, as Max explained perfectly the type advantages and the effects of moves for the children watching the show. So AG came to an end and DP arrived, and despite not having to share the role of commentator, Brock still had a small participation in the series. He had his moments, of course, his career as a Breeder finally received some focus and Croagunk helped renew his running gag, but nothing he got compares to what Ash and Dawn experienced.

I started to like Cilan soon after he made his debut. He's bubbly and flamboyant and I like that. He seemed refreshing and promising, especially with the whole Connoisseur thing. He alone was able to entertain me, unlike Brock, who always needed a pretty woman and someone to drag him away. Unfortunately, all I needed to know about Connoisseurs was explained in Burgundy's debut episode, they are the human version of Pokétch's Friendship Checker. I was waiting for Cilan to receive some development, but all the writers did was put the word Connoisseur in his hobbies, and I started to think Cilan has too many hobbies. Dawn loves fashion, May loves shopping, Tracey loves drawing, and Cilan loves everything. Instead of defining his personality and working on it over the episodes, the writers are giving Cilan something new to love from time to time. If tomorrow they decide to do a nightclub episode, Cilan will be the DJ Connoisseur, and that makes him look like a blank page to me.

Both of them could have received a better story, but my vote goes to Brock. His character had several problems, but I knew he was a womanizer, I knew he was a mature guy who was always there to offer advice to his friends, and I knew he was an expert in natural medicine, because he was a solid character.

Blog Entries

Everyone is, of course, perfectly entitled to their own opinion. So no disrespect whatsoever is intended when I say this...but...

When I voted, and saw that Cilan is currently winning this...

I died a little bit inside.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money marioluigifan05's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow marioluigifan05 On Twitter Add marioluigifan05 on Facebook Add marioluigifan05 on Google+ Add marioluigifan05 on MySpace
    Add marioluigifan05 on Linkedin Follow marioluigifan05 on Tumblr Follow marioluigifan05 on Flickr Visit marioluigifan05's Youtube Channel

Brock because he's not a Mary Sue.

Overall, Brock (Kanto-Hoenn) is my favorite. I felt he was still really active in the group, and he was interesting/fresh to me. A really wise mentor who's dependable and who you can relate to.

I like Cilan too, though. He's funny, and I like how flamboyant and eccentric he is. "IT'S TASTING TIME!" XD.

There are moments like when Cilan evaluates Dawn's battling style that are priceless (he freaks her out). :D

The connoisseur card is being used and abused WAY too much lately, though. He's a Connoisseur of practically everything. -_-

My least favorite is Sinnoh's incarnation of Brock, but he's still alright. He had his moments, but the lack of screen-time was really sad to see, and the way he made it to Sinnoh made no sense at all. Ash had to take a ferry, but Brock could just take a truck "hitchiking from Pewter City" in Kanto with some Southern lady called Claudina to reach there? Not likely. XD.

The whole "Croagunk- Poison Jab" thing got old very quickly as well.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 27th February 2013 at 08:51 AM.

Follow Fandango on Tumblr

Cilan feels like Brock Light, with a stupid gimmick on that he's connoisseur of every-single-thing. You could at least see how Brock evolved from being a gym leader to a breeder to a doctor, and you can see how he keeps on maturing (whilst still being hormonal as balls, tho). Cilan is just ... bland.

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

Is cilan time

Banner created by Princess of Hoenn.

Follow f3nnekin On Twitter
    Follow f3nnekin on Tumblr Visit f3nnekin's Youtube Channel

I guess Brock for now! I haven't really watched enough episodes of BW to form an opinion of him but I'm starting to watch them and who knows! Maybe my opinion will change, we'll have to wait and see c:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast