Charizard VS Infernape - Page 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Charizard VS Infernape

Blog Entries

Default Re: Charizard VS Infernape

Of course I prefer the big dragon. Charizard's ability to fly is both a tactical advantage in battle and a traveling asset out of battle.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I prefer Ash's Infernape. When Chimchar evolved into Monferno, it remained obedient to Ash, unlike the way Charmander evolved into Charmeleon, and then into Charizard.

I know it was a way back in the thread but I'm gonna say it anyways. Everytime Charizard's strength is brought up, the battle vs Dusclops is mentioned. First of all I'd like to say that most people, at some point, has gone mad over the mean-look-confuse-ray shit. Loosing against an extremely competent trainer using that strat isn't really something to feel all that ashamed about imo. Second, that loss is one of how many? Yeah, yeah, harrisons blaziken yadda yadda. Compared to Falkner's Pidgeot,nSilverconference vs Gary and Nolands Articuno I think it's a bagatelle.
    I'm the thread-killer for some reason. Whatever thread I write in is as dead as a flushed turd.

One and Only Slipstream! Slipstream's Avatar

Honestly people, you're just going over simple preference based on character type. Logically you all have to pick Charizard, and not for the type advantage either. Honestly, Charizard has the advantage over Infernape with more power, more experience, and more skill. Charizard took out a legendary by itself. Granted, it had a type advantage, but this legendary wasn't weakened in a previous battle. That puts Charizard on the level beyond most characters. Infernape is powerful yes, but only like maybe... pikachu powerful. And Pikachu poweful is nothing to scoff at, as it took down a legendary that it didn't have any type advantage with, (but that was after said legendary was weakened first), but Pikachu's power fluccutates from episode to episode.

Anyways, The more experienced pokemon usually wins, and here, Charizard is far more experienced than Infernape. Throw in the type advantage of flying, and we know who the choice is.

追放されたバカ

Going by the way the developed Charizard, he is more powerful than the monkey.

The difference being that while Infernape is slightly less "uber" he is more well rounded for battles compared to charizard.

One and Only Slipstream! Slipstream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edan Atal Shen View Post
    Going by the way the developed Charizard, he is more powerful than the monkey.

The difference being that while Infernape is slightly less "uber" he is more well rounded for battles compared to charizard.
    He is. Infernape could learn Thunderpunch, which could be useful against water types. That gives it an advantage that Charizard never had against water types.

Interestingly enough, while slightly off topic, Ash has two pokemon currently on his team that both know the same move. Staraptor and Infernape both know Close Combat. Anyways, yes, Infernape with his fighting ability can be more rounded if used right. But for sheer firepower, Charizard is my choice.

Blog Entries

Infernape doesn't know Close Combat

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Peternummer14 View Post
    I know it was a way back in the thread but I'm gonna say it anyways. Everytime Charizard's strength is brought up, the battle vs Dusclops is mentioned. First of all I'd like to say that most people, at some point, has gone mad over the mean-look-confuse-ray shit. Loosing against an extremely competent trainer using that strat isn't really something to feel all that ashamed about imo. Second, that loss is one of how many? Yeah, yeah, harrisons blaziken yadda yadda. Compared to Falkner's Pidgeot,nSilverconference vs Gary and Nolands Articuno I think it's a bagatelle.
    "Bagatelle"?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Charizard has just been training way longer than Infernape, so its stronger for that reason alone.

Infernape lacks the training and experience that Charizard posesses currently. Unless Ash puts all his effort into training Infernape, Charizard clearly has the advantage.

追放されたバカ

I say it might be even. Charizard is a good Sp.Atk and sucks at physical and Infernape is balanced between power,Sp.Atk, and speed(go look at it's ev count). Infernape can dig to dodge Charizard,sneak behind, grab Charizards tail(since Infernape is strong) and swing Charizard into a rock or something. Infernape can learn some rock moves which is 4x weakness to Charizard so that would probaly be best to hit Charizard with. Charizard can use moves like Air Slash, which is a Sp.Atk, and Charizard speacilizes in that ev. But I think their even.

A proud Reshiram lover! Sora246's Avatar

Charizard, for my reason check my sig.
    My Pokemon Black Team:

Suck it Zekrom!

Blog Entries

Visit double trouble!'s Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Zekromer View Post
    I say it might be even. Charizard is a good Sp.Atk and sucks at physical and Infernape is balanced between power,Sp.Atk, and speed(go look at it's ev count). Infernape can dig to dodge Charizard,sneak behind, grab Charizards tail(since Infernape is strong) and swing Charizard into a rock or something. Infernape can learn some rock moves which is 4x weakness to Charizard so that would probaly be best to hit Charizard with. Charizard can use moves like Air Slash, which is a Sp.Atk, and Charizard speacilizes in that ev. But I think their even.
    Ash's Infernape doesn't have rock moves.
    Grabbing on to Charizard's tail = Seismic Toss?
    Game mechanics don't really apply to the anime, btw.
    Mr. Mime isn't a good physical attacker, but its punches are really strong in DP159.

Blog Entries

Lizardon obviously.

Lol at anyone who has chosen and/or tried to justify Goukazaru winning.
    Bubble Frog likes this.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Charizard FTW. For every reason possible.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast