CONTEST: Which character had the worst dialogue (including COTDs, and either 4Kids or TPCi)? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Worst dialogue? (Either 4Kids or TPCi)

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ash

3 13.04%
  • Dawn

1 4.35%
  • Cilan

8 34.78%
  • Jessie

11 47.83%
  • James

11 47.83%
  • Meowth

13 56.52%
  • Brock

3 13.04%
  • Iris

7 30.43%
  • Other

5 21.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which character had the worst dialogue (including COTDs, and either 4Kids or TPCi)?

Default Re: Which character had the worst dialogue (including COTDs, and either 4Kids or TPCi

Team Rocket.

Whether 4Kids or TPCI, they have terrible dialogue made up of bad puns, awkward rhymes, and clumsy jokes that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to take them seriously. Part of the time you can't even understand what they're talking about.
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse Wii U: Available Christmas!

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Which character had the worst dialogue (including COTDs, and either 4Kids or TPCi

Meowth and Ash. You only need to watch Noodles Roaming Off and Battling the Enemy Within (respectively) to see what I'm talking about.

TPCi:
    Team Rocket. I can't even watch the dub of DP anymore because of these guys. Was all of the alliteration really necessary? A least in BW it toned down but now they're going right back to doing it again. Meowth is the worst offender, and one line in particular from him always makes me cringe.
    "Dig dat! Dude's got a Darkrai!"

Ugh. Why couldn't he just say that he had a Darkrai? Why was it necessary to have him say it in such an obnoxious way TPCi?

As for 4Kids, I could list off a bunch of terrible lines given to some of the characters. Some off the top of my head are Lance's "Put the petal to the metal!" line from the Red Gyarados special, Eusine (I'm sorry, Eugene -.-) "Oh tragedy, misfortune, and woe!" from The Legend of Thunder (also Atilla calling Raikou "Thunder Wonder", Vincent's "Look at what the Gengar dragged in." line, and Marina's "GTG sweetie pie." ugh -.-), and Jump's "This is sweeter than a candy cane!" from the Hoenn League.

~Claimer of Pansage in the Claim a Pokemon thread~
    ~Claimer of Cilan in the Claim a Character thread~

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

After rewatching a few episodes, I must give an honorable mention to James. Why? Because TPCi just HAD to make him say these:

"To unite the people within our nation!"
    "Forming a formidable army of Pokemon is inevitable for our Kalos Kingdom!"
    "Grabbing/Heave ho!"
    "Now you're being off-color!" (Remember, this was directed at his Carnivine.)
    "Look out! That Metagross is on an off-color rampage!"
    "That Ho-oh's worth a lot of dough-oh!"
    "Ahh! Talk about a real shotgun wedding!"
    "Well, what do you care for? I thought you were going to become Top Coordinator, girlfriend!"
    "Oy vey!"
    "There's nothing worse than getting your head handed to you by a homie!"
    "One look in those pretty Poké-peepers and I don't care if I ever eat."

You just want to shut him up after that.
    Why couldn't he just say that he had a Darkrai?
    Because then he wouldn't sound *cool* or *hip* anymore, he'd sound like a normal person. Can't have that with Z Pang America :)

Blog Entries

Team Rocket and Brock after TPCi took over.

Blog Entries
    Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Iris' 'what a kid' takes it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12