• He did enough damage on his own whether or not he got dragged away

10 11.11%
  • Random Pokemon or characters

4 4.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best “Brock gets rejected” moment

Default Re: Best “Brock gets rejected” moment

One would have to be in Ya See We Want An Evolution!

Groagunk went too far there, but it was still funny nonetheless. Groagunk is such a character and one of the best personalities in DP and possibly the whole show. Solidad's moment was also funny, just like the moment where May pulled Max's ear and Brock felt the pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mewstone View Post
    Croagunk
    I do not have a favorite rejection, but I do find it funny the fact that croagunk even does it I mean why does he takes it apon himself to protect the girls from him or maybe it's the other way around? Anyway every time he does it makes me giggle.
    You know something, I just thought about why Croagunk may have been the best girl blocker he could be for Brock's sake. Remember in the episode where Ash and Pikachu, Dawn and Piplup and Brock and Croagunk get their friendships measured on that Poketch? And Brock/Croagunk's friendship was almost as close as Ash and Pikachu's despite the fact that they have only been together for a couple of episodes.

This means that Croagunk probably sees Brock as his best friend. Which could mean that Croagunk cares enough about Brock to stop him from acting like a fool in front of women. Then when Holly from the Tag Battles actually shows affection back at Brock, Croagunk just sits there.

So, in his own froggy-way, he wants his trainer to be happy and find love only when he does not make a fool out of himself. And if a girl shows affection back to Brock, then he will show his happiness by not stabbing him with poison lol so what do you think?

Blog Entries

Croagunk for sure.

Favourite rejection would have to be "A Lean Mean Team Rocket Machine", where he got jabbed in the middle of his extended fantasy of running away with Nurse Joy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post
    You know something, I just thought about why Croagunk may have been the best girl blocker he could be for Brock's sake. Remember in the episode where Ash and Pikachu, Dawn and Piplup and Brock and Croagunk get their friendships measured on that Poketch? And Brock/Croagunk's friendship was almost as close as Ash and Pikachu's despite the fact that they have only been together for a couple of episodes.

This means that Croagunk probably sees Brock as his best friend. Which could mean that Croagunk cares enough about Brock to stop him from acting like a fool in front of women. Then when Holly from the Tag Battles actually shows affection back at Brock, Croagunk just sits there.

So, in his own froggy-way, he wants his trainer to be happy and find love only when he does not make a fool out of himself. And if a girl shows affection back to Brock, then he will show his happiness by not stabbing him with poison lol so what do you think?
    I think you're spot on.
    "She prefers the company of poison apples he prefers the company of nothing at all"
    Without a Face

Poison Apples by Mewstone

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/poison-apples-124893/#post3712913

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Getting dragged away because of his poisonous frog...XDD

I'd have to say just about any time Max does it. It's that extra embarrassment that comes with having a seven-year-old kid do what normally a wife or girlfriend would do that makes Max win, IMO. It's just so ​FUNNY!

Croagunk was the best imo, it just makes Brock seem really pervy and hilarious for some reason.

Follow eryyy on Tumblr

Definitely Croagunk. It was always so funny whenever Croagunk used Poison Jab on him and pulled him away.

Although I loved the time he was fawning over Solidad and all she told him was that she was not interested. The look on his face was priceless.

Ash, Misty, and Max.

Ash because of "Don't worry Brock, you'll find more girls to reject you".

And the last two are pretty obvious.

I did not like Croagunk however, his gag was terrible and so was DP Brock imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalos Adventurer
    Gotta give the credit card a break at some point.

Blog Entries

Croagunk was the best at stopping Brock in his tracks, up to the point that Brock could actually sense when Croagunk is about to strike at times. On top of that, in "Losing its Lustrous", when Croagunk DIDN'T stop him from flirting alerted him that something wasn't right.

As for best rejection, I'd have to say "Once in a Mawile" was pretty hilarious. He was actually trying to rope Lombre into it because Samantha's Mawile had a crush on his Lombre, so he was doing so in order to get close to Samantha. Lombre, however, was oblivious to the whole thing (more or less). It got even funnier when Corphish created a "love triangle" so to speak, and both started crying out of rejection, with Torkoal joining in as well (probably a sympathetic moment from the emotional tortoise). Max even calling it desperation was the icing on the cake. The cherry on top was when Lombre evolved and was ready to return the feelings, only to get "dumped" by Mawile, but rebounded pretty quickly regardless.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Croagunk, hands down! That was the funniest thing, watching Brock get pulled away by his poisonous frog.

I also really like Max pulling Brock away by his ear, that was pretty darn funny.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Apologies for bumping this thread, but i noticed i never posted here and since this subject intrigues me alot i would like to share my thoughts on it as well.

After doing rewatch of past sagas where Brock was still main character i came to conclusion how Misty in my opinion did best job in keeping Brock hormones under control.

I mean sure Max had some funny and cleverly outlined lines.

Croagunk was pretty good too with his sinister, twiting side liking to apply painful poison jabs at brock. Finding it amusing and having weird habit in appearing out of nowhere. Much to Brock fear with time being able to sense Croagunk and knowing his attempts in seducing girls will result with pain and embarassment from his own pokemon.

But Misty had that sarcastic, humorous and ardent string in herself whenever she sensed how Brock is preparing to get into "action".

There were all kinds of hilarious, ,memorable moments when she didn't just pulled him out by ear(most violent one and impacting interestingly enough happened in Hoenn when Brock flirted with princess Sarah followed with irritated face which left strong influence on Max).

But also pulling out Brock by nose, his leg, collar. Backed with smirking remarks, scolding and funny, natural lines. Such as "thats enough love for today Romeo", "Love is maybe blind, but your hopeless case", "How about i take care of you instead her?" and many others to list them in here.

What made Misty interplay with Brock even more meaningful for me regarding his obsession over girls is strength of their relationship as friends with Brock attempts to win over girl heart and Misty interventons not just staying on running gag.

Not at all. There also existed foreplay in quite a few cases with Misty having talk with Brock stopping him before even making first move when other more important things were going around(like stopping Team Rocket, battling villains and pokemon thieves, dealing with enraged pokemon such as Zapdos, Alakazam, Tyranitar etc. Coming up with annoyed, sarcastic voice, "are girls only thing you have on your mind?"

"Dont you dare to even think of it now!".
    Preventing Brock to either make fool of himself or get himself in unnecessary trouble.

Teasing him how he cannot truly understand women feelings because he is man. Or dragging him out in side room or bush talking about romance and his love issues and why his intrusive approach doesnt work.

Followed with Brock actually not staying indebted to her using that same strategy Misty used on him in dragging her out when her flirty, solicit side came into play(like in wanting to become assistant of doctor researching fossil of extinct water pokemon or thnking only of catching Corsola rather than helping family in finding other members of specie).

Because of those reasons im choosing Misty as best person in keeping Brock licentious side under control. Not because she is classic starting whole tradition.

But because between Misty and Brock there existed interchangeable flow, many meaningful moments revolved around his interest toward girls which didnt just stayed on same old repeated gags. But in enjoyable interactions, advices and awkward uncomfortable for both scenes packed with enticement, ardor and cynical but in clever, appropriate way dynamic.
    With Brock being dragged of only serving as extention to this imo.

The times it DIDN'T end with some tired running gag (Kanto, Early Johto, most of the Fist Half of AG, before he got that damn frog in Sinnoh)
    Last edited by SammyW27; 5th January 2015 at 02:17 PM.

When he discovers the girl in question either has a boyfriend or a husband, such as Nurse Joy and her family in that Drifloon episode.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123