CONTEST: Best Dub Voice? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Best Dub Voice?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Best Dub Voice?

Quote Originally Posted by Chocadial View Post
    Dan Green as Professor Birch was good and aside from Oak, I think he was the Best Professor after him. I was not a Big Fan of Elm and Rowan they sucked and did not do great to my expectations.

Scott Williams as Darkrai is good.

And Tom The Hermit Crab Wayland is good as everthing he has when he does a role especially Gible and Dwebble.
    Totally agreed.

I really like the 4Kids dub, but Elm's voice...yeesh. So bland...not bad, but so flat. But, it's still better than my all time worst of...

...Rowan's voice. He sounded like Frank'n'Furter to me, or some guy mumbling stuff to himself all the time no one could understand...that was the worst one to me.

I really like Kristine Hvam as Professor Juniper, though. She's quite good, IMO. :D

Scott Williams was surprisingly very good as Darkrai.

Tom Wayland's Dwebble is my favorite of his voices. :)
    Darth Darkrai likes this.

Blog Entries

Same here also Man with Dwebble. I Fell in Love with Dwebble when they showed it for the First Time and I wanted to use that thing in the Games so badly and I got use it and is still my Best Powerhouse on MyTeam Even Now in White Version.

Fantina, Roxie and Candice were amazing. And don't get me started on Arceus <3

Blog Entries

Tom Wayland as Arceus the God of Pokemon was Phenomenal and that was what probably made him a little bit Popular on the Show I think.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
    Fantina, Roxie and Candice were amazing. And don't get me started on Arceus <3
    Erica Schroeder is always one of those "hit-or-miss" VAs, IMO. When she gets it right (Fantina; Nurse Joy (4Kids voice #2)), she gets it right. When she gets it wrong (Bianca; Luffy (4Kids)), she gets it wrong. Still, she is a talent, IMO. I always look forward to hearing her.

Roxie. Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld is my favorite out of all the TPCi voices for Nurse Joy (that being said, I feel 4Kids had much better voices for her including Erica Schroeder), but her Jasmine made me cringe numerous times. So, for me, she does a good Joy, and a bad Jasmine. Still, she did a good job as Roxie, IMO.

Candace. Kether Donahue. She's actually a good VA for girls and this role is no exception. I always recognize her as Lily on Kappa Mikey (it's just one of those things...XD), but I liked that voice, too. :)

Arceus...eh, I hated it. I usually like Tom Wayland, but Arceus is one of his weakest roles in my eyes. The voice wasn't bad at all, but it didn't fit the supposedly god-like character Arceus was meant to be, IMO.

Blog Entries

Bella Hudson was good as Bianca I thought and she was one of my guesses at who would Voice Bianca in the First Place. J. Michael Tatum as Trollbias and Damon was very good I think. Scotty Ray as Alder is GREAT I Think as well here too.
    Last edited by Darth Darkrai; 20th July 2013 at 09:34 AM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Bella Hudson was good as Bianca I thought and she was one of my guesses at who would Voice Bianca in the First Place. J. Michael Tatum as Trollbias and Damon was very good I think. Scotty Ray as Alder is GREAT I Think as well here too.
    Normally I like Bella Hudson but for some reason I dislike how she does Bianca. Just one of those things, I guess. lol.

Yeah, Tatum's a very good VA. Always like his work most of the time.

Actually Dan Green played Damon, but I liked his work there too.

Scottie Ray is excellent as Alder. I was iffy on him at first, but he stepped up to the plate nicely here. :)

Blog Entries

Actually J. Michael Tatum was Damon because I had recognized his Voice as Trollbias and also Dan Green is not credited in the Film so it is him.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Actually J. Michael Tatum was Damon because I had recognized his Voice as Trollbias and also Dan Green is not credited in the Film so it is him.
    Yeah, you're right. I confused Damos for Damon. XD.

Blog Entries

Jason Griffith as Cilan, Looker, and Marcus is good. Nickolas DiMichele was just really good and gave a GREAT performance as N I did not really like him as Montgomery but he is a good Voice Actor.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Jason Griffith as Cilan, Looker, and Marcus is good. Nickolas DiMichele was just really good and gave a GREAT performance as N I did not really like him as Montgomery but he is a good Voice Actor.
    I love Jason Griffith as Cilan, and Nicholas DiMichele is a fantastic N. :)

Blog Entries

Lori Gardner as Aldith was good I think and it would be goo if she Returned to the show. Lisa Ortiz as Oshawott is very Funny I thought as well here.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rachael Lillis deserves a mention simply because she was easily one of the best VAs of the Pokémon English dub.

Billy Regan was fun for his roles as creepy characters, such as Harley and Conway. I actually happen to like him as Harley better than Andrew Rannells.

Some of my other personal favorites include Jason Griffith as Cilan (as mentioned) and Dan Green for his roles as various legendary Pokémon in the movies, and just in general.

Finally, I have to agree with @Shinneth that Julian Rebolledo gave Paul the perfect voice in every regard.

Destinies United Kalos Adventurer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jason Griffith: Cilan/Dent
    Nicholas DiMichele: N
    Veronica Taylor: Ash/Satoshi

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gabriel View Post
    Rachael Lillis deserves a mention simply because she was easily one of the best VAs of the Pokémon English dub.

Billy Regan was fun for his roles as creepy characters, such as Harley and Conway. I actually happen to like him as Harley better than Andrew Rannells.

Some of my other personal favorites include Jason Griffith as Cilan (as mentioned) and Dan Green for his roles as various legendary Pokémon in the movies, and just in general.

Finally, I have to agree with @Shinneth that Julian Rebolledo gave Paul the perfect voice in every regard.
    Rachael Lillis was just an amazing voice actor. I feel like she knew how to tap into Misty and Jessie's personalities without overacting or underacting, she never came off as overbearing, and even as Maylene she still did great work. She knew how to capture all the dimensions of her characters as opposed to being excellent at one and then weaker at the others: that's what makes her stand out to me.

Personally, I prefer Andrew Rannells as Harley (you saw this coming), but Billy Regan/Bill Timoney was a very good replacement and one of the few voice actors in the current dub I was suprisingly happy with upon hearing him for the first time. I feel he was just a little too catty in the role myself, and Andrew was more...mellow, averaged out, and less pronounced, but Billy got the job done very well.

I pretty much agree with everything else you just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen6fan View Post
    Jason Griffith: Cilan/Dent
    Nicholas DiMichele: N
    Veronica Taylor: Ash/Satoshi
    I like all those voices. My favorite of the three you listed is (you guessed it: *Insert Stereotypical Answer Here*) Veronica Taylor as Ash.
    She was also great as May, IMO.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 3rd August 2013 at 12:22 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast