CONTEST: Best Dub Voice?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Best Dub Voice?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Best Dub Voice?

We have most annoying covered, so what are your favorite Pokémon dub voices?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Best Dub Voice?

Tom The Hermit Crab Wayland Is my absolute favorite and i really like Nicholas DiMichele as N is just great I think.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

4Kids (Humans):

Veronica Taylor- Ash; May; Delia
    Eric Stuart- Brock; James
    Rachael Lillis- Misty; Jessie
    Maddie Blaustein- Meowth
    Amy Birnbaum- Max
    Stuart Zagnit- Professor Oak

TPCi (Humans):

Michele Knotz- Jessie
    Bill Rogers- Tucker; Ghetsis
    Nicholas DiMichele- N
    Eli James- Colress

4Kids (Pokémon):

Charmander
    Bulbasaur
    Squirtle
    Cyndaquil
    Totodile
    Wobbuffet
    Treecko
    Torchic
    Mudkip
    Torkoal
    Snorunt
    Glalie
    Ralts

TPCi (Pokémon):

Bulbasaur
    Squirtle
    Grovyle
    Dwebble
    Crustle
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 20th July 2013 at 09:00 AM.
    Darth Darkrai likes this.

Blog Entries

Cool Croc Thompson was also good in both 4Kids and In TPCI And I also really like Dan "Old" Green but too bad he barely has anything anymore.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chocadial View Post
    Cool Croc Thompson was also good in both 4Kids and In TPCI And I also really like Dan "Old" Green but too bad he barely has anything anymore.
    Forgot about them:

Marc Thompson- Tepig; EDIT: Gliscor; Galactic Commander Saturn
    Dan Green- Mewtwo (After Phillip Bartlett)
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 14th July 2013 at 08:18 AM.

Blog Entries

I think Cool Croc Thompson's Best Roles have been Ash's Gliscor and Saturn I really had liked both of them and do a great job I think.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chocadial View Post
    I think Cool Croc Thompson's Best Roles have been Ash's Gliscor and Saturn I really had liked both of them and do a great job I think.
    Those are definitely his best performances. Saturn in particular was very good: I actually prefer his version to the Original JPN version.

Blog Entries

Same because Saturn Japanese Voice is a girl and that sounded pretty weird here and did not really fit him at all I think and the strange thing was I always thought that he was a girl in the Games and I do not know why but he looked like a girl to me at least.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Julian Rebolledo as Paul was purely awesome. I love how his way-too-low voice matched Kiyotaka Furushima's Shinji's so well. XD Not to mention he was not only a pro at being a stiff, distant, competent jerk, but he was also awesome at emoting, portraying Paul being annoyed, angry, or sheerly pissed off like in the battle against Brandon. He was excellent being stoic and his true colors shined whenever Paul lost his cool. Oh yeah, and he was an awesome pseudo-tsundere during the League when Dawn talked to him. :P

Oh yeah, Nicholas DiMichele's N is perfect. He sounds just like I imagine him sounding in the games: a soft-spoken creeper manchild. With extra creepy in his voice when he gets mad. :D

Jamie McGonnigal's Barry was always great for a laugh; he's one of the few exceptions to my hatred of VAs overacting. :P Plus, McGonnigal was the only way I was able to derive any kind of joy from Trip. I have an awesome headcanon story for that I should save for the headcanon thread. XD Just saying, McGonnigal sounding like Barry pretending to be Paul is hilarious and so appropriately meta.

I really enjoyed Rachel Lillis as Maylene, come to think of it. And Dan Green's Byron was the best. I LOVE HIS PORTRAYAL!!! ... something about Sean Schemmel's Cyrus was also a hoot, too. XD

I'd be remiss to neglect Jason Griffith's Cilan, too. He's got the enthusiasm and hammyness and holy shit he's pissed and just might kill somebody rage down pat very well.

I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting about currently but... yeah, these guys I listed rule.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Blog Entries

Good Choices Man especially on Paul and N they were great as those Roles and about Byron "I must find who dug this Hole.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    Julian Rebolledo as Paul was purely awesome. I love how his way-too-low voice matched Kiyotaka Furushima's Shinji's so well. XD Not to mention he was not only a pro at being a stiff, distant, competent jerk, but he was also awesome at emoting, portraying Paul being annoyed, angry, or sheerly pissed off like in the battle against Brandon. He was excellent being stoic and his true colors shined whenever Paul lost his cool. Oh yeah, and he was an awesome pseudo-tsundere during the League when Dawn talked to him. :P

Oh yeah, Nicholas DiMichele's N is perfect. He sounds just like I imagine him sounding in the games: a soft-spoken creeper manchild. With extra creepy in his voice when he gets mad. :D

Jamie McGonnigal's Barry was always great for a laugh; he's one of the few exceptions to my hatred of VAs overacting. :P Plus, McGonnigal was the only way I was able to derive any kind of joy from Trip. I have an awesome headcanon story for that I should save for the headcanon thread. XD Just saying, McGonnigal sounding like Barry pretending to be Paul is hilarious and so appropriately meta.

I really enjoyed Rachel Lillis as Maylene, come to think of it. And Dan Green's Byron was the best. I LOVE HIS PORTRAYAL!!! ... something about Sean Schemmel's Cyrus was also a hoot, too. XD

I'd be remiss to neglect Jason Griffith's Cilan, too. He's got the enthusiasm and hammyness and holy shit he's pissed and just might kill somebody rage down pat very well.

I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting about currently but... yeah, these guys I listed rule.
    Agreed on all of these voices. Julian Rebolledo is actually a little better than Kiyotaka Furushima as Paul/Shinji, IMO...his delivery was a little less..."I'm an asshole" than Furushima's was, IMO.

Nicholas DiMichele's N is my favorite voice in the current dub: it's superb and complements his personality in the anime very well. It has a very brooding and mysterious feel to it.

Jamie McGonnigal for me is the reverse in that only due to him was I able to tolerate Barry, but yeah, I know how everyone feels about Trip. XD.

Yeah, I miss Rachael Lillis as Misty/Jessie a lot *ducks before getting infracted* myself. She sounded a lot like Misty as Maylene, too.

I surprisingly really like Jason Griffith's Cilan. He has a lot of enthusiasm now and is kinda like Mamoru Miyano's performance.

Dan Green was hilarious as Byron: "I LOVE defense!" I'm quite sad he retired: I was a huge fan of his Yami Yugi back in the day as a kid.

Everything I hear out of Sean Schemmel I can immediately tell it is him, instantly. Don't know why that is. I think he was good as Cyrus, though. He was a bit loud as Archie, but he got the emotion down really well, so he was good there, too.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 15th July 2013 at 07:13 AM.

Eternal ComakariShipper dracoflare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow dracoflare on Tumblr

Byron in DP is perhaps one of the rare cases where I love the Dub more than the Original.

I LOVE BASTIODON!!! <---It was along this lines, right?
    Ever read an Ikari+Pearlshipping fic set in an AU?

Other Fanfiction
    Road to be a Pokemon Master <---Slightly Popular Tournament Fic featuring Ash.
    Beyond Truths and Ideals<--Featuring a clash between Ash, N, Team Rocket,Team Plasma and much more.
    50 Shippings to Boot With<--Mega Project to write 50 One-shots for 50 different Shippings.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by dracoflare View Post
    Byron in DP is perhaps one of the rare cases where I love the Dub more than the Original.

I LOVE FOSSILS!!

I also gotta add that Colress in the dub was excellent as well ♥

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dracoflare View Post

I LOVE DEFENSE!!! *explosion in background*

Roark: "Dad..."

My favorite will always be Professor Birch of his roles, though. :)
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 15th July 2013 at 04:08 PM.
    Darth Darkrai and Yato like this.

Blog Entries

Dan Green as Professor Birch was good and aside from Oak, I think he was the Best Professor after him. I was not a Big Fan of Elm and Rowan they sucked and did not do great to my expectations.

Scott Williams as Darkrai is good.

And Tom The Hermit Crab Wayland is good as everthing he has when he does a role especially Gible and Dwebble.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast