FUN AND GAMES: Ash's Worst Pokémon? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Who is Ash's worst Pokémon?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pikachu

1 1.75%
  • Butterfree

4 7.02%
  • Pidgeot

0 0%
  • Bulbasaur

0 0%
  • Charizard

0 0%
  • Squirtle

0 0%
  • Kingler

0 0%
  • Primeape

4 7.02%
  • Muk

4 7.02%
  • Tauros

2 3.51%
  • Lapras

1 1.75%
  • Snorlax

1 1.75%
  • Heracross

1 1.75%
  • Bayleef

0 0%
  • Quilava

0 0%
  • Totodile

7 12.28%
  • Noctowl

0 0%
  • Donphan

0 0%
  • Swellow

0 0%
  • Sceptile

0 0%
  • Corphish

0 0%
  • Torkoal

4 7.02%
  • Glalie

0 0%
  • Aipom

3 5.26%
  • Staraptor

0 0%
  • Torterra

3 5.26%
  • Infernape

4 7.02%
  • Buizel

0 0%
  • Gliscor

0 0%
  • Gible

1 1.75%
  • Unfezant

0 0%
  • Oshawott

5 8.77%
  • Pignite

2 3.51%
  • Snivy

1 1.75%
  • Scraggy

0 0%
  • Leavanny

1 1.75%
  • Palpitoad

0 0%
  • Boldore

3 5.26%
  • Krokorok

0 0%
  • Can't decide

5 8.77%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ash's Worst Pokémon?

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: Ash's Worst Pokémon?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    It says quite a lot from what i recall seeing how she actually grew more as trainer, became more confident and mature with Whirl Cup and several other episodes doing something with her story. Out of pokemon Poliwhirl, Corsola and to lesser extent Staryu and Psyduck(which was played for comedy)were quite memorable there.
    I still don't really it is says a lot when there wasn't that much more focus on her or her goal until the last season. Plus, I didn't think that she grew that much as a trainer, became more confident or mature. In my opinion, only Politoad and Psyduck were memorable. I don't think Corsola really stood out beyond her obsession with catching one and while Staryu was used often, it was pretty forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132
    I dunno she was always portrayed as more knowledgeable about water types than Ash was being used to underwater matches and similar battlefields scoring better results there with which Ash was fairly unfamiliar and Misty did trained pokemon considering how there were made references about it quite a few times. Her water types always seemed to be in good shape being well taken care of, so im sure Totodile wouldn't fare any worse either.
    I believe that can be justified by fact that her Corsola had better win-lose ration and Poliwag evolved to final form , as opposite to Totodile which under Ash care barely did anything, lost more battles than he won and almost was never trained ending abandoned and unused ever again.
    Misty had knowledge about Water Pokemon, but none of her Water Pokemon, except for maybe Politoad, didn't really seem that strong in battle and her skills were never something to write home about. The only mention of training that Misty did that I remember was trying to teach Togepi Headbutt. I don't remember a lot of references to training her Water Pokemon. Poliwag evolving had more to do with promoting a Johto Pokemon than showing how good of a trainer Misty was, but it was still pretty believable all things considered. I still don't think that how two of her Water Pokemon turned out really makes me think that Totodile would be used more or have a better win-loss ratio considering that the bulk of her Pokemon were forgettable and she didn't battle that much more often until near the end of Johto.

If anything, if Goldeen was replaced by Totodile it would help Misty more in Johto because she would had another amphibious pokemon making her more battle active and it would fit nicely with personality too judging by how much she wanted it falling over cute pokemon.
    Like I said before, replacing one of Misty's Pokemon with Totodile when she had too many for her role wouldn't have been a solution for her forgettable team. I also don't think that having another amphibious Pokemon would necessarily make her more battle active when she already had two for the majority of Johto and then a third one with Corsola. Plus, with that argument in mind, they could have just given her a Wooper instead as it would be amphibious and be cute enough for her to gush over it. I don't know if getting excited over a cute Pokemon means that Totodile would fit with Misty's personality, especially when I think it worked better on Ash's team in that department.

Also i believe fact that she received Gyarados and judging by her team in games shows how big ferocious pokemon fit well her battling style, which is rather offensive(barring few exceptions). So im quite sure after all this time if Totodile went of with Misty he would receive much more training and battling experience at gym than he would by wandering around at Oaks lab. Perhaps in that case we might have seen his evolution in hosos or when Misty made cameo, with marketing not standing in way anymore since Johto era would end by than.
    I don't really see the point in bringing in Misty's team in the games when we're talking about Misty in the anime and the two version are treated fairly differently, especially regarding their teams. She did receive a Gyarados, but considering the the only other new Pokemon she's been shown to have was Azurill, I think that they gave her Gyarados to make her look like a stronger trainer and give her team more meat. Even without the need to market Johto Pokemon, I'm not sure if Totodile would have much more of a chance to evolve when most of Misty's Pokemon are cute/girly, with Gyarados being the only exception in that case. I think that we're going off topic and I personally don't want to go around in circles with another discussions, so let's just end the discussion here.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I still don't really it is says a lot when there wasn't that much more focus on her or her goal until the last season. Plus, I didn't think that she grew that much as a trainer, became more confident or mature. In my opinion, only Politoad and Psyduck were memorable. I don't think Corsola really stood out beyond her obsession with catching one and while Staryu was used often, it was pretty forgettable.
    Compared to Kanto days her battling skills vastly improved which can be noticed in coming top 8 in Whirl Cup, winning Seaking contest, her skills being recognized by several trainers etc. She definitely became more confident and mature too getting over complex of feeling less worthy compared to sisters which can be noticed when helping Sakura to cope with same problem and becoming less aggressive with other traits being showed more like sarcastic and girly side.

As for Corsola it was along with Poliwhirl her most used pokemon from moment she captured it being involved in several matches and winning some important battles for her, so i respectively disagree about this too.

Majority of Misty water types were far more memorable than Totodile which never really had chance to properly shine ending as worst Ash Johto starter.

Misty had knowledge about Water Pokemon, but none of her Water Pokemon, except for maybe Politoad, didn't really seem that strong in battle and her skills were never something to write home about. The only mention of training that Misty did that I remember was trying to teach Togepi Headbutt. I don't remember a lot of references to training her Water Pokemon. Poliwag evolving had more to do with promoting a Johto Pokemon than showing how good of a trainer Misty was, but it was still pretty believable all things considered. I still don't think that how two of her Water Pokemon turned out really makes me think that Totodile would be used more or have a better win-loss ratio considering that the bulk of her Pokemon were forgettable and she didn't battle that much more often until near the end of Johto.
    Staryu and Corsola were very strong too, and when getting headache Psyduck never lost. There were quite a few references about training like when Marina commented how she trained Staryu well after defeating Tentacruel, when Misty mentioned how she managed to come far in Whirl Cup thanks to intense training Corsola received in one of Whirl Islands episodes etc. I also believe given how often he was used in battles with Misty using it effectively was more of reason behind its evolution than simple marketing, being writers way to show her improvement as trainer.

About battling score, it wasn't only end but early and mid Johto where she still battled more than she did in Kanto.

Like I said before, replacing one of Misty's Pokemon with Totodile when she had too many for her role wouldn't have been a solution for her forgettable team. I also don't think that having another amphibious Pokemon would necessarily make her more battle active when she already had two for the majority of Johto and then a third one with Corsola. Plus, with that argument in mind, they could have just given her a Wooper instead as it would be amphibious and be cute enough for her to gush over it. I don't know if getting excited over a cute Pokemon means that Totodile would fit with Misty's personality, especially when I think it worked better on Ash's team in that department.
    I don't think problem was in number of pokemon, but more in lack of focus not being given chance to utilize everyone properly. There is a reason why Horsea was dumped to gym to make room for pokemon which isn't only dependent on water, so addition of Totodile would certainly more help than hurt her situation and since it is starter its basically guaranteed he would be one of most used pokemon under Misty care in Johto. Fact that her Corsola , Poliwhirl and Staryu in general received better treatment and had more significant achievements over Totodile are pretty good indication how Totodile faith would in that case be much more bright than reality provided.

Also given passionate love for water and fondness for small cute pokemon, i believe Misty persona would mesh with Totodile energetic attitude quite well. Better than it did with Ash not having many memorable moments so to speak with too much pokemon Ash had to deal with in Johto leaving out Totodile as odd child which receives least love usually taking backseat to make room for others.

With her at least he wouldn't have to compete with so many pokemon, having bigger chance to shine since she had less pokemon than Ash did.

I don't really see the point in bringing in Misty's team in the games when we're talking about Misty in the anime and the two version are treated fairly differently, especially regarding their teams. She did receive a Gyarados, but considering the the only other new Pokemon she's been shown to have was Azurill, I think that they gave her Gyarados to make her look like a stronger trainer and give her team more meat. Even without the need to market Johto Pokemon, I'm not sure if Totodile would have much more of a chance to evolve when most of Misty's Pokemon are cute/girly, with Gyarados being the only exception in that case. I think that we're going off topic and I personally don't want to go around in circles with another discussions, so let's just end the discussion here.
    She received Luvdisc too, but your right in sense of purpose behind Gyarados capture being to show Misty growth as trainer in managing to get over long time fear and create bond with pokemon which she panicky feared for years. However that doesn't change fact that writers didn't had hesitation in giving Misty big, fully evolved pokemon(third in collection). As for rest of team i have hard time viewing Staryu, Starmie or Politoad as "cute and girly" being more of battlers than someone which could enter beauty contest. That can be applied more to Dawn team.

Logically, if pokemon is used in gym battles being constantly trained, chances for his evolution are a lot higher than it would be by doing nothing(like its case now at Oaks lab). Also most May pokemon were un evolved too, but that drastically changed when she appeared in Sinnoh, so there is no reason to believe how Totodile couldn't evolve under Misty at gym either with argument of being unfitting falling in water when looking at Gyarados or Starmie. Especially when her battling style is offensive being portrayed as tough battler which shoots for big aims, always trying hard which is something she and game counterpart share.

p.s. Your right we are starting to wear of topic and this discussion should stop. I only decided to comment and express my disagreement over Totodile being better of with Ash, when in long run he only suffered from it ending un evolved, forgotten and weak being treated worse than it would be with water trainer and gym leader like Misty for all above reasons.

But whatever, im done from my part.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 11th July 2012 at 04:23 AM.
    Angel~ likes this.

To me it was Butterfree.

I'm going to laugh when someone votes Charizard or Pikachu.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

Lampras...just too short of a time for me to judge, he was only good as a substitute boat...
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

I'm going with Butterfree on this one. It just doesn't have any potential, which is probably why the writers decided to remove it, anyway. I'd go with Torterra, but really, I think Torterra sucks because the writers don't know how to treat the cast equally, but it's got potential to be better.

DarkTitan837: And I'm going to laugh so hard if anyone votes Infernape. That monkey's just too badass.

Oshawott isn't the worse, but it's starting to get on my nerves. Sorry but cute and adorability only goes so far with me.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    I'm going to laugh so hard if anyone votes Infernape. That monkey's just too badass.
    Someone just did...
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd say Butterfree since it had such a short time with Ash and didn't really do anything too impressive.
    Last edited by Trainer Gabriel; 12th July 2012 at 07:53 PM.

Blog Entries

WHY ARE PEOPLE EVEN CONSIDERING TOTODILE ASFJAIFADHD

Totodile is like the best thing that ever happened Johto, and he is definitely one of the most (if not the most) amusing Pokémon Ash has ever caught. He's hilarious, happy, carefree, hilarious, strong (even though he doesn't have the most impressive battle record), cute, hilarious etc etc. Did I mention that he's hilarious? Oh well, now I did.

It's such a shame that the boring and bland Cyndaquil took up all of the spotlight from the gym battles when it would've been so much better if Totodile was the one who battled. He can dance, what can Cyndaquil do?

Okayokay... Back to topic.

I really don't mind any of the Pokémon that much, but if I would have to choose one it would probably be Unfezant. I don't hate it, but it just seems so lame compared to all the previous birds, and I also though that both of its evolutions were amazingly unrealistic, considering it barely had received any battle experience or screentime whatsoever, and still it became such a powerhouse in the battle against Skyla.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am really starting to think Leavanny is his worst Pokemon. Yes it won Ash some battles...but man...the thing is a chore to look at. Its like a bastardized version of Sunflora.

Its also so damn boring. If they wanted to give Ash another bug type there were so many other better choices. Leavanny is one of the most disturbing, ugliest and blandest Pokemon I have ever seen on Ash's lineup.
    SammyW27 likes this.

Totodile because I don't think Ash deserved it.
    pokemon fan 132 likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Pikachu because of his wasted experience points. Considering all the journey and battles, Pika should downright pwn every single pokemon by now, if not in earlier regions.... XDD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Totodile because I don't think Ash deserved it.
    May I just ask how Ash didn't not deserve Totodile?
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    I realize that Totodile wasn't really used that much...Not much for any of his major matches anyways....I disagree with the decision to let Ash have Totodile...it would've been better off with Misty...

Ash hasn't really called on it since he caught it for major matches, and at least with Misty it probably would be a Feraligatr by now so...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    I realize that Totodile wasn't really used that much...Not much for any of his major matches anyways....I disagree with the decision to let Ash have Totodile...it would've been better off with Misty...

Ash hasn't really called on it since he caught it for major matches, and at least with Misty it probably would be a Feraligatr by now so...
    You honestly think that Totodile would've received more battles and experience if he belonged to Misty? How?

Even though it's true that Totodile didn't participate in the same amount of battles like Ash's Cyndaquil did, he still was frequently used lots of times through out the saga. He battled against Seel, Seaking, Poliwhirl, Charizard, Sneasel/Hypno, Slugma/Electabuzz, Miltank, Lanturn, Ditto and Rhydon, and surely did he battle others too, but naturally I can't remember them all.

The point is, that's like more battles than Misty has ever participated in herself in Johto, so why would it be different if Misty had caught it? It would just have been neglected like the rest of her Pokémon, and thus would receive a huge decrease in both screen-time as well as battles. It wouldn't have been a Feraligatr, it would just have been a weaker Totodile.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast