9 37.50%
  • Staraptor

13 54.17%
  • Unfezant

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ash's strongest Normal/Flying Pokemon

Default Ash's strongest Normal/Flying Pokemon

Which one of Ash's Normal/Flying Pokemon is the strongest?

Blog Entries

Follow Life on Tumblr

Default Re: Ash's strongest Normal/Flying Pokemon

We rarely got to see Pidgeot battle as a Pidgeotto, and Unfezant hasn't exactly proven herself to be strong in battle, so I would say it's between Noctowl, Swellow, and Staraptor. It's hard to pick because they all have different special qualities about them; Noctowl can use Psychic-type attacks, Swellow takes on challenges further than it's capable of, and Staraptor has a unique moveset with Close Combat. I'm leaning towards Swellow, but Noctowl is a close second.

Blog Entries

I'd say it's between Swellow and Staraptor, but I think I'll go with Swellow since I saw it as being much stronger in its first stage than Staraptor was in his. Seeing it take all those super effective Thunderbolts and keep coming back to attack was pretty awesome.

We'll Have So Much Fun Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Staraptor might win in sheer power, but Swellow was so gutsy and determined that it could probably win in a battle. Also, it was probably the fastest of the bunch and had the most stamina.

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

I say Swellow because it pwned the crap out of everything with a crappy move set lol. Imagine if it had an awesome one??

Close Combat isn't enough for Staraptor to take the crown. The guy got pretty much owned by a grass type lol.

THE TOAD/SPY IS BACK!!!!! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Staraptor takes the win. The most impressive move Swellow had was Aerial Ace right? But I will admit that Swellow is bulkier but that would not be enough to take the win. Staraptor has taken down one of Pauls pokemon and won against another(without defeating it). And then Brave Bird, Close Combat, Aerial Ace and Quick Attack is not so terrible as Aerial Ace, Quick Attack, Wing Attack and Double Team.
    You know you are followed...
    You know you are seen...
    You know that your secrets are revealed...
    You know that he is close...
    You know that you can not catch him...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Palpitoad the White View Post
    Staraptor takes the win. The most impressive move Swellow had was Aerial Ace right? But I will admit that Swellow is bulkier but that would not be enough to take the win. Staraptor has taken down one of Pauls pokemon and won against another(without defeating it). And then Brave Bird, Close Combat, Aerial Ace and Quick Attack is not so terrible as Aerial Ace, Quick Attack, Wing Attack and Double Team.
    It's not the moves, it's how you use them lol. And he beat one of Paul's weaker pokemon which isn't all that much of an accomplishment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn View Post
    How do you expect to see a move that introduced in Generation IV by Hoenn-region Pokemon in Hoenn Region? You're really one of the worse posters on this message board. Sorry about that.
    Swellow reappeard in Sinnoh and then it could have shown a new move instead of just flying around before getting defeated. And do not remind of that Swellow not lasted long in that battle because I know that. But they could have made time for Swellow on some other place in the league and learnt it a new move. And then Swellow can not learn Close Combat in the games. But the writers had the possibility to learn it Sky Attack in Hoenn or Brave Bird for the Sinnho league and they did not.
    You know you are seen...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

Blog Entries

How do you expect to see a move that introduced in Generation IV by Hoenn-region Pokemon in Hoenn Region? You're really one of the worse posters on this message board. Sorry about that.
    Swellow reappeard in Sinnoh and then it could have shown a new move instead of just flying around before getting defeated. And do not remind of that Swellow not lasted long in that battle because I know that. But they could have made time for Swellow on some other place in the league and learnt it a new move. And then Swellow can not learn Close Combat in the games. But the writers had the possibility to learn it Sky Attack in Hoenn or Brave Bird for the Sinnho league and they did not.
    Once again, it's how you use the moves you are given, not how fancy they are.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Staraptor, no question. It's just shown to be much more powerful than any of the other birds, and it has a better moveset. The way the moves are used is decided by the trainer, by the way, not the Pokemon. You can't blame Staraptor if Ash told it to use one move when it should've used another.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    True but Staraptor knows how to use its moves as good as Swellow knows how to use its moves.
    You know you are seen...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

Swellow would Smash Staraptor in a one on one. Swellow wins on sheer power and determination. Plus its faster. Also has double team so it can dodge more effectively

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh please, he was almost done in by a Roserade lol.

True but Staraptor knows how to use its moves as good as Swellow knows how to use its moves.

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I'd say Staraptor. It had the must training and onscreen developement and it always preformed well for Ash.

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

Blog Entries

Actually I think that every member here is a good poster. Except people who writes mean things to others. I have not done anything to you. And then you comes and writes that I am a bad poster just because you did not get what I meant? Please answer I really want to know why you wrote as you wrote.
    You know you are seen...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast