• Iris's Emogla

10 18.52%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Ash's Snivy VS Iris's Emogla

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: Ash's Snivy VS Iris's Emogla

It's quite the hard to pick, Ash's Snivy does get more screen time then Iris's Emolga to show out and show off but, Iris's Emolga has that certain appeal about herself that makes her such a fun and interesting character to watch. In terms of battles, I would defiantly have to with Iris's Emolga, I found her battle against Stephan's Sawk to be vastly more entertaining then every battle Snivy has fought on screen. I just can't get over how strategic and great that strategy was, Emolga didn't stand a chance against Sawk without that strategy since the small flying squirrel was up against a fighting martial artist. However, thanks to Static showing itself and the defensive drop by Sawk's constant Close Combating, Emolga had a fighting chance and finally finished things with a Volt Switch.

I really think Emolga's voice is adorable also XD

I also disagree with the idea that Emolga had a disobedience problem that was sidestepped over, Iris's Emolga has always been established as a lazy Pokemon, but she by no means has no problem battling or helping out in certain situations. She even battled Pignite and Minccino with no problem, and helped Snivy against Simisear. She trained with Swadloon, helped save Axew, got angry enough and protective enough to zap that Swadloon who she thought was bullying the female Axew, and has truly shown some guts as a whole. She even poked fun at Snivy over Leavanny's leaf collar, when it was obvious she didn't like it either, even evading the Vine Whip and taking to the sky(Guess that explains the Grass-Flying disadvantage). I enjoy her interactions with mostly ever Pokemon comes in to contact with, and I just wish she got more battles and screen time and learned Acrobatics already. I defiantly think she's overflowing with personality, and very marketable.

When it comes to Snivy, I like her too. Her personality and interactions are pretty fun for the most part, sometimes I really believe the writers are making Snivy look stronger then she really is. She started off with already awesome moveset and Attract so we can assume her trainer at least trained her well enough, but in many of her battles if Attract fails she often gets wrecked on the spot due to her extremely poor movepool, I really think Georgia's Pawniard deserved to beat her at the Club Battle Tournament, mainly because Pawniard hadn't taken any damage and had an answer to everything Snivy did, it was smart of Ash to use the rocks to hurt Pawniard though. But, Pawniard really shouldn't have been taken out. She's gotten wrecked in mostly every battle where Attract failed, Excadrill, Emolga, for example. When Attract works 100% percent it usually just feels too easy for my taste, her first gym win against Palpitoad for example. She did beat Gothita however, easily. Regardless, I wouldn't mind seeing her evolve in a Servine sooner or later, I just wonder how the writers would showcase her as a Servine, being so much bigger then the other Pokemon and not being a Snivy anymore sort of cuts in her marketability, so I don't think we would see too many more episodes of her playing the big sister role. I just want to see an episode that challenges Snivy as a character, where we truly get to see her struggle on her own in a battle in the same way Oshawott, Emolga, Tepig, and Excadrill have. But, hey Ash's Snivy is too smug to be true and I like her personality, hopefully she starts getting better treatment eventually .

I wouldn't mind her evolving, but I certainly don't think it's happening. Ash's comment about "doing things his way" when Trip remarked Snivy's lack of being a Servine yet, despite her move pool being so advanced made me think she's staying a Snivy. Not to mention the writers have set up a rivalry between her and Trip's Servine and the writers love that whole, "overcoming your evolved form thing."
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 28th May 2012 at 12:01 PM.
    Catspring and martianmister like this.

I voted for Iris' Emolga. I watch the fansubbed releases of the anime, and Emolga there has a voice that's just irresistible! It really matches its cuteness and personality, in my opinion. 'Course, I like Ash's Snivy too, but Emolga wins here, hands-down.
    martianmister likes this.

Need Pokemon of no specific gender, nature, moveset, and/or coloration? From Gen I to V, if it's obtainable by breeding, I can get it for you. Just PM me here.
    NO HACKS/CLONES GUARANTEED.

Pokemon White Version FC: 3739-8869-3422

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

What... my favorite one of Ash's Pokemon vs my favorite one of Iris's Pokemon? ; - ;

This was really close, but I picked Emolga. She's cuter.
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

It'll always be Snivy for me because of her epic personality

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Snivy, hands down! A classy lady with the qualities of a true princess... So cheesy XP

I would hate to admit it but probably Emonga because of how many slides have come Iris's way. I would expect Snivy because she is mosre resourseful and slick but Emonga have the type to match.

Tracey's #1 fangirl Kenji-girl's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial Board

Follow Kenji-girl on Tumblr

Snivy. As she doesn't have to be cheap and spam Attract to win a battle. Seriously, Emolga would have lost to Sawk in the Club Battle if it weren't for Attract spamming. Also, I just love Snivy's big sis personality and how she's different from other female Pokemon we've seen.
    Shinneth likes this.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Snivy. Let's face it emolga doesn't stand a chance, especially since two of her moves are electric type which grass is resistant to, another is attract which fails due to the two being female, and hidden power. Maybe with a flying type move she'd stand a chance, but no. Ash's Snivy for the win always

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure Snivy would wipe the floor with Emolga. Snivy comes across as being a much more experienced battler, while Emolga seems like she's just on Iris' team for comedic value. Snivy has shown to be more capable at holding her own. I don't think Emolga could hold a candle to her in an actual battle, but that's if Emolga remains the way it is now.

I also pick Snivy based on her likability. Her personality isn't irritating like Emolga's is (or was, since I'm not sure if her laziness gag actually still exists), and I like how poised she is. She's graceful and grounded, unlike some of the other Pokemon on the main cast (Oshawott being one of them).
    Shinneth and Hidden Mew like this.

Visit IceShadow1199's Youtube Channel

Probably Snivy, Emolga is just a boring wannabee who attracts everyone for apples.
    I love Ice and Ghost pokemon! :P Feels cold and scary....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12