4 4.88%
  • He should learn to travel by himself

7 8.54%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ash's Best Partner

Blog Entries

Default Re: ashes best partner

Uh...why is Pikachu not in the poll? XD

Pikachu is obviously Ash's best friend. I mean, Ash loves Pikachu more than any of his human friends!! ^_^

Think about who you like to watch the most
    Misty and May.

Who would go best with Ash?
    Pikachu, definitely.

Who is the strongest?
    For strongest trainer, I'd say May is the strongest (besides Ash, of course).

And which one do you think would be the best in a difficult situation?
    Misty.
    Last edited by Trainer Lisa; 31st May 2011 at 01:25 AM.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Likewise giving that as a reason for saying they're his worst travel companions is absurd. The Hoenn group on average showed far more cohesive chemistry than the DP trio ever did, regardless of Ash picking up techniques from Dawn.
    Maybe as entity but going by individual interacting Ash showed with Dawn just as much chemistry like he did with May.Some may say more with later character but it depends how you look at it.

With May relationship was more mentor-student coming from Ash side with roles being reversed.

Likewise the mentoring from Misty and Brock stopped right after Kanto, so I don't see where you're getting the impression Ash was constantly learning from them. I'd like to see your response to this.
    Not true.For example Misty was acting like Ash mentor in Orange Islands and Johto too.Like when she helped him to beat Rudy or Danny motivating him,when they battled for same thing pushing him to go forward in Whirl Cup or for Totodile giving him advice how ground types are weak against ice types when he battled Pryce or suggesting what pokemon to use for Whirl Cup with Misty herself stating in some episodes from late Johto how she is Ashs coach.
    With Brock we got to see some mentoring he provided to Ash in Johto too about some gym leaders when he suggested what pokemon to use.One of examples which stand out to me was when he helped Ash during league helping him to prepare strategies and what pkemon to use against Gary or Macy.

Granted Misty and Brock coached him more often in Kanto but in later regions they still provided help acting like Ash mentors in some occasions.After watching Johto you can tell they left big impact on him in this region too and if it wasnt for their moral support,encouragement and motivation Ash wouldnt be able to come that far on his own.We can see with Ash himself showing how important they were to him.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 31st May 2011 at 02:30 AM.

Blog Entries

I refuse to follow your rules. You take out his travelling companions and you take out a critical piece of the puzzle that is Ash's existence. Except for Max, I don't think he was consequential at all. I vote for no one. If you wanted to know who I prefer, then I cannot choose.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Gotta go with Brock-o. He was a pal, kind of a mentor even to Ash. Plus Ash would have starved to death without him, or would have atleast spent tons more money for food.

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pikachu takes a slot of his so he has a small cost.

But Pikachu can take down anyone's entire team maybe. But yeah I agree but don't think he counts

In terms of female characters, its obvious people are just going to choose whichever female lead they liked best. So there is no right answer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    In terms of female characters, its obvious people are just going to choose whichever female lead they liked best. So there is no right answer there.
    Well, it's only between Misty, May, and Dawn right now. It's too soon to tell with Iris, but as stated she's got some similar Misty vibes in how she treats Ash compared to May, and Dawn who praised and agreed with him 90% of the time.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Think about who you like to watch the most
    Misty; Cilan is starting to become one of my favorite characters as well.

Who would go best with Ash?
    As much as I don't want to admit it, I think Dawn had the best interactions with Ash.

Who is the strongest?
    I'm going to go with May... Misty's team seems strong, but using only Water-types can only get you but so far.

Which one do you think would be the best in a difficult situation?
    I don't think any of them would be better than the other in this case. They've all been in difficult situations before, and got through them fine.

Why bother Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Please remember guys to not just post about a joke answer, and to always state a reason for your choice as outlined in the Contest Hall rules for Live Caster. Thanks =]

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Brock because he's a good advisor
    Pokemon Protagonist Mafia - Accepting Subs (click the pic!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123