CONTEST: Which Ash is your favorite? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Which version of Ash do you like the most?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanto

15 13.04%
  • Johto

3 2.61%
  • Hoenn

34 29.57%
  • Sinnoh

52 45.22%
  • Unova

11 9.57%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Which Ash is your favorite?

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Which Ash is your favorite?

I would say that his Hoenn version is my absolute favorite. I get fairly annoyed with his immature personality back in the Kanto and Johto days and when traveling in the Hoenn region (including Sinnoh) he seems a lot more mature than he was in the Original series. When Best Wishes started to air, everything was back to the old Kanto days. Don't get me wrong, his new look in BW isn't that bad.

Blog Entries

Sinnoh Ash, as I find him the most entertaining, especially in terms of battles. I don't want a protagonist who battles with his brain in a cupboard somewhere. And I think his DP personality is pretty okay; still amusing, still a derp at times.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

I can't really decide if Hoenn or Sinnoh Ash is my favorite.

Hoenn/BF- Love this outfit better than the rests. He still had Veronica's voice which was a selling point plus his maturity was up a slight. Wonderfull battles and Pokemon came out well considering that he only had six at the time. But he did a wondeful job. I also think that by having a new trainer to keep a watch on and even a younger one brought out the big brother/more older side of him which I enjoyed.

Sinnoh- Even more experienced. Screw those who said he wasn't funny. His Pokemon was great. I loved how he started to train more in this saga then the others. I loved that he was willing to try things like contests, tag battle and ringer. His clothes was okay, and I loved how his battles were more planned. you can tell that whoever was writing them was taking their time. The rivals(especially Paul) made him the one you wanted to cheer for and that hasn't happened in a while. His battles with him were what made me glued to the screen.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 1st October 2012 at 11:41 AM.

Kanto Ash because he was inexperienced, but still charming and interesting. I know a lot of people like Hoenn and Sinnoh Ash, but I didn't find him to be all-that fun in AG or DP. I watch the anime to be entertained, and Kanto Ash was really funny in my opinion.

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

advanced ash because he was like a teacher like figure to may and even if he was still inmature he was more serious, helpful and caring for his pokemon and his friendsadvanceshipping reference

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Hoenn, was the best of both worlds really.

I found him entertaining, if mind-numbingly stupid in OS, but bland as hell in DP, when the only good parts of him were his rivalries, which I credit to the rivals more then to himself, in BW he's still entertaining, but the justapoxition of his battle skills gets really clear and weird, even though I see he's getting better at the tail end, its still not enough.

More fab than Sylveon. Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hoenn Ash. He was a lot more mature, used all of his Pokemon evenly (except Glalie and arguably Torkoal). He wasn't the student anymore, as he became a sort of mentor to May. Sinnoh Ash is a very close second, though.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

i kil u

AG Ash eventually blossomed into DP Ash, he became much more experienced, evolved most of his Pokemon, and could've one the league if Trollbias didn't show up!

Denki the Pokemon Breeder Denki Wolf's Avatar

It's between Sinnoh and Unova to be honest.
    Honestly I think Unova wins.
    He has a kind of dare devil kind of thing going for him, ie. against a grass he uses water.
    I like that, it kind of takes some of the normality out of pokemon training.
    That he can still win, even without type help.
    Yeah, he trys a few times, but he uses who he thinks will do best, not what type is best against the particular opponent.
    That's like a breathe of fresh air.
    It's nice to see, even if it's hard at times to enforce in real life.

Also, I think he plays off Cilan and Iris well.
    Especially Iris.

Made Sig and Avi

OS Ash by far, he had the best personality, and he showed REAL human emotion outside of exaggerated/forced happiness.

Sinnoh Ash because he had the best clothes and I feel like he was a Mentor during that Saga.

Tie between OS Ash and AG Ash. I can't decide between those two.

OS Ash because he could really tug at your heartstrings. Sure, he was naive, stupid, and an idiot, but he was just starting off and that was his character. He showed true grit and passion in everything, and wasn't always "EVERYTHING'S PEACHY! I LOST...OH WELL, THERE'S NEXT TIME!" for everything. He was stupid, but he was charming. A relatable kid with a goal, with a purpose, and a kind heart. His tears seemed so much more real back then as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaVwhG5ygss

AG Ash because he showed real maturity WITHOUT losing his personality (*coughs* DP Ash *coughs*). Like DP Ash, he had used inventive strategies and acted as a role model and mentor for May throughout her journey. He grew smarter, but not at the cost of losing his true spirit and passion for battling. That, and Veronica Taylor was still voicing him for all of Hoenn and a bit of the BF.

DP Ash's main flaw was his lack of believable emotion and he didn't express his personality traits as well as the former two. He wasn't as believable despite being the most mature/intelligent form of Ash. Don't get me wrong, I like him for his intelligence, but he just doesn't get me in the heart at all. He was so...stiff at times.

BW Ash has his personality back, but he doesn't use his brain near as much as either of the former three trainers. He's too silly, to the point where it's ridiculous. Sarah's voice for him is much better now than back in DP (much lighter pitch), but the writing in the JPN ver blows here. I like his enthusiasm, but he's such a dud now.

So, yeah, that's my take.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 23rd February 2013 at 09:26 PM.

DP Ash. He was at his peak as a trainer.

Happy Holidays! CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Definitely Kanto Ash. He was really funny and his innocence was adorable. I liked the way her was super enthusiastic in those days, not just about battles but about everything, and seeing him really get excited about capturing a new Pokemon. Now he takes them much more for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Definitely Kanto Ash. He was really funny and his innocence was adorable. I liked the way her was super enthusiastic in those days, not just about battles but about everything, and seeing him really get excited about capturing a new Pokemon. Now he takes them much more for granted.
    He was really a genuine trainer in Kanto. You could see how much he cared for his Pokemon here. People say he was immature, and that may be true, but he was a lot more sincere at the same time. I always felt his enthusiasm here was infectuous and very genuine. Now he's just so hunky-dory happy most of the time, and it comes off as a bit artificial/fake at times.

I still prefer Unova Ash to Sinnoh Ash, though, in most areas other than his regression. Kid with a personality and occasionally heart always beats megalomaniac dull battle freak, IMO.

What I really grew to respect and love Ash for wasn't his battle skill (no, it certainly wasn't that) or his competence. It was his personality, determination, and kind heartedness. His care for his Pokemon and his friends was a lot more evident in Kanto, IMO.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast