CONTEST: Which Ash is your favorite? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which version of Ash do you like the most?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanto

15 13.27%
  • Johto

2 1.77%
  • Hoenn

34 30.09%
  • Sinnoh

51 45.13%
  • Unova

11 9.73%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Which Ash is your favorite?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Which Ash is your favorite?

DP because DP Ash was NOT stupid.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Yeah, I definitely would have to go with DP Ash. He wasn't as much of an idiot and seemed to have a little, tiny bit of dignity. Something he seems to lack in BW. I don't know what happened to him there, but it seems like he lost all of his memories from previous regions. Would it kill him to at least mention Brock or Misty? or Paul? You'd think he suffered from amnesia. Or maybe he blocked it from his memory.
    Yato and GameCubeController like this.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Hoenn Ash for sure! He had mellowed out since his Kanto/Johto days but still had that enjoyable energetic spark to him, he had great moments with May, Max and Brock, and as much as I wanted Brendan as his rival he got on in AG without one. Less is Morrison is a good Hoenn example of that competitive attitude I loved throughout the show of old. I thought AG Ash really hit the balance just right, whereas DP Ash just felt a bit bland to me. Yes, there were moments, but idk, his interactions felt more forced and I thought the writers didn't spice them up enough.

What's this? Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

Kanto Ash was hopeless for the most part, but also hilarious to watch. There were times where he would say or do something so dumb, it was utterly cringe-inducing, but it was the good type of cringe, the foundation of many a great comedy. It's understandable that he knew little about Pokemon, because he was a new trainer and had lots to learn, so when he overcame difficult trainer obstacles, such as getting Charizard to finally obey him, you can't help but feel happy for him. I didn't like how he had to rely on so many badge handouts, but I blame that on the strange writing of the first series.

By the time Johto arrived, Ash was clearly a much better trainer, and was great to see how much he had developed, especially since he actually battled every gym leader properly this time. His silly moments were less numerous, and I really could have used more of them during the more tedious parts of this series, but it was an inevitable change to his character, and it still felt like he had much more to learn about the world of Pokemon.

Hoenn Ash was even better. Now he began to seem far more mature, especially with two new members for the group to him to mentor and interact with. Leaving behind his previous Pokemon to build up a new team of Hoenn Pokemon further proved this, and his battle strategies with his Pokemon were getting very good indeed. Plus, there was no more Gary as a rival to stay one step ahead of him the entire time and make him seem useless in comparison; perhaps that's why he was so much more relaxed?

Sinnoh Ash is him at his best, and he's the one I voted for. This sadly seems to be his peak for now, the climax of over four regions worth of experience. Though he was far more mature by this point, he had a thrilling rivalry with Paul to keep him on his toes, fantastic interactions with Dawn and tougher gym leaders than ever before. He was robbed at the Sinnoh league, I tell ya, robbed...

Though I gave Sinnoh Ash my vote, I see the above four Ashes as the same character. Unova Ash, on the other hand... As far as I'm concerned, this isn't the same guy, and I would have been far happier if they had replaced him. It's extremely frustrating to see him acting like such a clueless moron again after watching Hoenn and Sinnoh Ash, and it's difficult to care about his adventure anymore; How do we know they won't do this to him again in a few years time? He isn't quite as stupid as he was in Kanto, but even if he was, it wouldn't be as entertaining as it was back then, because we know he is capable of far more than what the writers want us to think. It doesn't help that by becoming thick again, he is continuously giving Iris ammunition to bitch at him, but I must still like him a bit, since her criticism of him makes me so angry. I pray the real Ash is still in there somewhere; I only hope he doesn't take too long to return.
    Last edited by Bouffalant Herdier; 8th December 2011 at 09:51 PM.

Who is this git?

Blog Entries

My favorite Ash has gotta be the Hoenn Ash. Ash in Hoenn was kind of a mix of his Kanto/Orange Islands/Johto and Sinnoh self. In Hoenn he grew as a trainer, not because he was trying to prove to someone like Paul he is a powerful trainer and he is worth someones time, but instead he grew for himself. I like that he became more mature in Hoenn and acted as a mentor towards May and all along, retaining parts of his personality such as his impulsiveness and his arrogance. Plus he still had his 4kids voice and out of the 3 outfits he went through after Johto, his Hoenn outfit was my favorite.
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

I had fell in love with Hoenn Ash because Veronica Taylor still existed and his I.Q. was up a point.

CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG ~AwEsOmE sAuCe305~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

As for me, I like AG Ash but so far BW Ash is my fave.**LE GASP** Yes, yes, I heard a million of time that BW Ash regressed after so much stuffing he received from DP and losing to a newbie trainer was an embarrassment from someone who managed to beat a strong opponent but that's just me.:P I find BW Ash to be 20x more enjoyable than his DP counterpart since well to be honest, DP Ash was pretty boring yet I liked his Pokemon but still...Having Ash into being his old self was a welcoming change and I find him very humorous to a huge extent.<3

Pinkie Pie: Best Pokemon Trainer

The Kanto Ash is my pick because back then, it was like Ash was exploring the unknown Pokemon World, but by Sinnoh, with my information overload about the franchise, waiting for Ash to do something interesting just isn't that fun as it used to be.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Although I do have a soft spot in my heart for Kanto Ash, I do like Sinnoh Ash's personality the best. I liked how more strategic and confident he was in his battles, and I also thought he had better character interactions with other main characters and COTD. His rivalry was especially fantastic, and it brought out the best in him. Overall, he was just more interesting.
    Shinneth likes this.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

WHY WOULD ANYONE VOTE SINNOH???????? ash was at his worst in sinnoh no personality and booring
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon DP > Pokemon View Post
    WHY WOULD ANYONE VOTE SINNOH???????? ash was at his worst in sinnoh no personality and booring
    Are you sure Pokemon DP > Pokemon?

EDIT: Sorry, couldn't resist...
    Last edited by martianmister; 31st December 2011 at 11:58 AM.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

my name states sinnoh is better then kanto not ash being better in sinnoh
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

I think the early-mid parts of the Hoenn's Ash was perfect; serious enough that you could tell there had been actual character development, but not a funless robot like he turned into in Sinnoh. Kanto's Ash is good for a few laughs, and I think B&W's is easily the worst - they turned him into a spaz.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Are you sure Pokemon DP > Pokemon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon DP > Pokemon View Post
    my name states sinnoh is better then kanto not ash being better in sinnoh
    None of this is related to the thread, and neither of you have stated who you chose in the poll and why.

Banned/Wrong Topic and Pointless Post infractions will be given if you both continue to not abide by the rules.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I feel DP Ash would have been my favorite if he was still more funny/aggressive like AG Ash.

As much as I liked what a great trainer Ash was in DP, his personality really was bland by that point. He had matured so much that he lost all aspects of his character that was previously entertaining. I'll always like AG Ash for being that "middle ground." It was like a mix of his Kanto/Johto personality with his DP one and I really liked that. Ash isn't Ash unless he's still somewhat dim-witted, prone to anger, and makes a fool out of himself from time to time.

I mean back in AG Ash tried to pick a fight with Breloom with his bare fists! He told Brock to "Shut up!" at Brawly's Gym after he lost. It really was how Ash's personality should have stayed. He was mature without losing the funny aspect of his personality that was lost when DP started.

Best Wishes Ash is the worst of both worlds, because they tried to make him funny again but also turned him back into an idiot at the same time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast