• Torkoal

3 4.17%
  • Infernape

20 27.78%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ash/Satoshi's Strongest Fire type

Default Re: Ash/Satoshi's Strongest Fire type

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    To me, Charizard was very over-rated (and still is), whereas Infernape seemed to get more powerful with each battle. Infernape's sheer willpower to defeat Paul during their Sinnoh League battle alone is enough for me to say Infernape is stronger.
    As opposed to the willpower displayed by Charizard to gain entry into Charizard valley?

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Andre27 View Post
    As opposed to the willpower displayed by Charizard to gain entry into Charizard valley?
    Alright, fine, I'll just be honest here... I don't like Charizard. So I'm incredibly biased.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    Alright, fine, I'll just be honest here... I don't like Charizard. So I'm incredibly biased.
    Fair enough, everyone has their favorites.
    Charizard may have been hyped in the 1st generation, but Infernape got the same treatment.

Same old story: abused pokemon finds a trainer who loves him and both get stronger.
    Having said that, Charizard has experience going for him especially since his training is against other Charizards. For me that makes the difference.
    Last edited by Andre27; 17th January 2012 at 01:42 PM.

It's no doubt Charizard. Charizard has some of the most memorable matches and has been brought back up until the near end of the Battle Frontier.

Charizard = legend
    Infernape = Bob Thompson's long-lost son

I gotta go with Charizard on this one.
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Andre27 View Post
    As stated in the OP it's about a series of 1-1 battles and in this case Charizard wins.

Blaze is a nice trick, but if the opponent has it as well and the opponent has type advantage and neutral moves (as opposed to your own ineffective moves) like dragon breath then it's simply a no-win situation.

We should not forget that Charizard has been training against other Charizard for 2-3 seasons and Infernape is freshly evolved. Look at the difference between Ash's Infernape and Flint his Infernape: training makes a difference.
    Charizard wasn't always strong though. It was kinda weak when Ash found it as a Charmander, in fact (and I'm not talking about how ill it was either). Infernape was really strong right from the beginning as a Chimchar because of all that power it has buried within its Blaze ability.

The only thing Charizard really has going for it here is its type advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Charizard wasn't always strong though. It was kinda weak when Ash found it as a Charmander, in fact (and I'm not talking about how ill it was either). Infernape was really strong right from the beginning as a Chimchar because of all that power it has buried within its Blaze ability.

The only thing Charizard really has going for it here is its type advantage.
    I'd say both had potential and both overcame difficulties. We should also not discount that DP was the first series in which abilities were highlighted. There were some mentions prior, but those were few.

DP needed to set chimchar apart to make it a pokemon with potential which could not come out until chimchar (or infernape) bounded with its trainer.
    It's not different from the building of trust between Ash and Charizard.

With similar background it's Charizard having the advantage in training, typing and moveset which has the advantage.

With more experience it can be Infernape, but not just yet.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Ugh, you people still don't get what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about the bond between Ash and his Pokemon or anything, I'm talking about the shear power Infernape has hidden within that only shows when its Blaze ability kicks in. When the flame on its head bursts out wildly, its eyes turn red, and its attacks become so super charged that it was as strong as Pikachu when it bonded with the Blue Orb in Hoenn!

DOESN'T ANYONE REMEMBER THIS?

THIS, RIGHT HERE. NO OTHER POKEMON WITH BLAZE WINDS UP WITH BEADY RED EYES AND A HUGE FLAME WHEN IT TRIGGERS. xP

Ugh, you people still don't get what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about the bond between Ash and his Pokemon or anything, I'm talking about the shear power Infernape has hidden within that only shows when its Blaze ability kicks in. When the flame on its head bursts out wildly, its eyes turn red, and its attacks become so super charged that it was as strong as Pikachu when it bonded with the Blue Orb in Hoenn!

DOESN'T ANYONE REMEMBER THIS?

THIS, RIGHT HERE. NO OTHER POKEMON WITH BLAZE WINDS UP WITH BEADY RED EYES AND A HUGE FLAME WHEN IT TRIGGERS. xP
    I think everyone remembers, but i (we) don't think it is enough to overcome the fact that Charizard has the exact same ability + type advantage + move advantage + more experience.

I think this is best shown in how easily Ash's Infernape lost to Flint his Infernape. Ash's poke despite his super blaze lost to the experience from Flint his Infernape.

But let's agree to disagree.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

But LIKE I SAID, CHARIZARD'S BLAZE DOESN'T MAKE IT AS STRONG AS INFERNAPE'S MAKES IT. This is what I'm trying to say! Geez.

Also, a type advantage doesn't mean Charizard is stronger either. It just means it, well, has a type advantage, and nothing more.

Also, Flint's Infernape is at a much higher level than Ash's. I think Ash's would overpower it if they were at the same or a similar level.

But LIKE I SAID, CHARIZARD'S BLAZE DOESN'T MAKE IT AS STRONG AS INFERNAPE'S MAKES IT. This is what I'm trying to say! Geez.

Also, a type advantage doesn't mean Charizard is stronger either. It just means it, well, has a type advantage, and nothing more.

Also, Flint's Infernape is at a much higher level than Ash's. I think Ash's would overpower it if they were at the same or a similar level.
    And you're not listening/reading what i said earlier. DP was the first series in which abilities played a major role and to showcase this they used Chimchar's blaze, electrivier Motor drive, static etc.

Just because Charizard's blaze was not showcased as much as Chimchar/Infernape does not mean it is any less powerful in which case experience, type advantage and movesets make a world of difference.

Let's agree to disagree all right before we grow mutually annoyed "that the other does not listen".

I found this nice youtube for all those Charizard fans:

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

infernape
    charazard
    quilava
    torkaol
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N) View Post
    infernape
    charazard
    quilava
    torkaol
    Switch numbers 1&2 and 3&4 and we're in total agreement :P

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast