3 4.17%
  • Infernape

20 27.78%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Ash/Satoshi's Strongest Fire type

Default Re: Ash/Satoshi's Strongest Fire type

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quilava had quite a few victories back in Johto and it does know Eruption, so it would be in third. Torkoal is easily Ash's weakest Fire Pokemon to me at the moment. Aside from a couple of matches in the Hoenn League, I don't think that it really did anything that impressive. I don't really see how almost defeating a Legendary Pokemon that it did have a type advantage against makes it stronger. If it almost defeated a legendary Pokemon that it had a significant disadvantage to, then I probably would see it as being a bit closer to Quilava in terms of strength, if not tied with it, but I've always seen Torkoal as pretty weak.
    Eruption vs Heatwave. Swift vs Body slam. Add to that the massive defense from Torkoal and i have to say i disagree with your assessment that Quilava is stronger than Torkoal.

Edit: Quilava losing/tie against armaldo and Torkoal almost beating a legendary registeel only confirms my opinion in this matter.
    Last edited by Andre27; 11th December 2011 at 08:33 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm a bit of a biased Infernape fan, but I can't deny Charizard is strong too. I'd say they are about even, and I'm sure Infernape will be the next Legendary-buster like Pikachu, Charizard, and Sceptile before him.

Blog Entries

Charizard for a simple reason (Note: Other people reasoned Quilava and Torkoal below these two, so comparing them here):

In a 1-1 match, Charizard has type advantage with Flying type compared to Infernape's Fighting. (Secondary types here)

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Dante View Post
    In a 1-1 match, Charizard has type advantage with Flying type compared to Infernape's Fighting. (Secondary types here)
    While thats fairly logical, don't forget about Charizard's match with Blaziken.

I still maintain that they are equals, unless Charizard's Blaze ability is anything like Infernape's. (It seems unnaturally strong)

追放されたバカ

Since I am the only person who voted for Quilava, I will say why:It is not "done" yet, it can still evolve/learn/expand/develop/struggle:Infernape, Charizard and Torkoal are stagnant, have no more possible development, and will remain that way unless Charizard or Infernape learns Blast Burn. Torkoal is the weakest due to it having a weak personality, no struggle, no development, and LOSING OVERHEAT IN FAVOR OF HEAT WAVE!! What the ****, writers? It should have lost Flamethrower, not its most powerful move JUST SO MAY'S COMBUSKEN/BLAZIKEN COULD LEARN IT, BECAUSE APPARENTLY, YOU CAN'T HAVE 2 OVERHEATS ON THE CAST*coughsamereasoncharizardlostitcough* *HATES HOENN*...So, story wise, Quilava is stronger due to it having stories yet to be told...*prays for EMBOAR*

And legendaries are not a neutral way of assessing strength, due to there being weak(Celebi in The Green Guardian) and overpowered(Cresselia in Sleepless in Pre-Battle!) ones, so don't use them as a accurate depiction of Pokémon power levels.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

CHARIZARD HANDS DOWN.

It was with Ash from the start and even after he left, Charizard was still brought back to fight in important battles.

I LOVED how he appeared at the right time and moment in Movie 3 - and the battle Charizard VS Entei was just EPIC!! Plus, in the Orange Leagues, he put up an AWESOME fight against Dragonite.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Andre27 View Post
    Eruption vs Heatwave. Swift vs Body slam. Add to that the massive defense from Torkoal and i have to say i disagree with your assessment that Quilava is stronger than Torkoal.

Edit: Quilava losing/tie against armaldo and Torkoal almost beating a legendary registeel only confirms my opinion in this matter.
    Personally, I think that Eruption is better than Heatwave, even though it's must stronger at the start of the battle when a Pokemon hasn't taken much damage, and Swift is more useful in battle than Body Slam, if only because it can't miss and it can be used from a distance. Torkoal does have pretty impressive defenses and it's definitely not useless, but I still think that Quilava is significantly stronger.

I also don't think that their last on-screen battle really proves anything, especially when compared to their battle history. Quilava actually had a pretty good amount of victories during Johto and Torkoal wasn't used that much during Hoenn. When it's most impressive battle still involves Torkoal losing, then I don't think it's anything to really brag about, but that's just me. I honestly don't see how tying with an Armaldo is that much worse, if at all, to Torkoal losing to a legendary Pokemon that it had a clear type advantage to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    While thats fairly logical, don't forget about Charizard's match with Blaziken.

I still maintain that they are equals, unless Charizard's Blaze ability is anything like Infernape's. (It seems unnaturally strong)
    Sure, but that was at the end of Johto. I would almost wager Charizard is stronger now than back then due to training in the Valley. I suppose the difference isn't that huge though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Personally, I think that Eruption is better than Heatwave, even though it's must stronger at the start of the battle when a Pokemon hasn't taken much damage, and Swift is more useful in battle than Body Slam, if only because it can't miss and it can be used from a distance. Torkoal does have pretty impressive defenses and it's definitely not useless, but I still think that Quilava is significantly stronger.
    Well the contest is for 1-1 battles between fire types. Since fire type do little damage to fire types it's bound to be a drawn out match in which case the defenses and bulk of Torkoal tip the scale in its favor.

Quilava doesn't have any attacks that are effective against Torkoal. Swift may always hit, but Iron Defense can negate that advantage. Let's agree to disagree on this one.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Andre27 View Post
    Well the contest is for 1-1 battles between fire types. Since fire type do little damage to fire types it's bound to be a drawn out match in which case the defenses and bulk of Torkoal tip the scale in its favor.

Quilava doesn't have any attacks that are effective against Torkoal. Swift may always hit, but Iron Defense can negate that advantage. Let's agree to disagree on this one.
    Oh, I thought that we were talking about the Pokemon's individual strength and which one was stronger, not who would win in a match against all of his Fire types. Torkoal's defenses would help it out in a battle, but given its battle history, I still don't think that it would win. Though, I'll agree to disagree on this as well.

Blog Entries

Charizard beat half of Gary's team by itself nearly endless training in the valley and also remember how much it kicked ass as a Charmander.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Charizard would mop the floor with Infernape...until Blaze kicks in. Yikes.
    It's also highly implied that Ash's Infernape is inherently special, and that it's Blaze is super-powered. There's nothing to suggest Ash's Charizard is anything but ordinary (it's release episode pretty much confirms this), however it is well trained.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    Charizard would mop the floor with Infernape...until Blaze kicks in. Yikes.
    It's also highly implied that Ash's Infernape is inherently special, and that it's Blaze is super-powered. There's nothing to suggest Ash's Charizard is anything but ordinary (it's release episode pretty much confirms this), however it is well trained.
    Charizard beat Blastiose by itself plus Scisor and Golem two of them he have effective types too.

Infernape beat Electivire with the help of Pikachu and Glisor well Gliscor didn't land a hit but neither did any of Ash's pokes on Blastiose.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

I'm going to say Infernape. When it goes crazy, it gets strong(Actually, it usually is strong). And he DID win against Paul's Pokemon. Gotta give him some credit for that.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NfiNity View Post
    I'm going to say Infernape. When it goes crazy, it gets strong(Actually, it usually is strong). And he DID win against Paul's Pokemon. Gotta give him some credit for that.
    Not half of them by itself. :P

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast