CONTEST: Which annoys the main cast more? Cilan/Dento's showing off VS Brock/Takeshi flirting

View Poll Results: What's more annoying? Cilan/Dento's showing off, or Brock/Takeshi hitting on girls?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brock constantly hitting on nearly every chick he meets

11 47.83%
  • Cilan showing off his skills

12 52.17%
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Shinneth
  • 1 Post By Hidden Mew
  • 1 Post By Aestivate

Thread: Which annoys the main cast more? Cilan/Dento's showing off VS Brock/Takeshi flirting

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Which annoys the main cast more? Cilan/Dento's showing off VS Brock/Takeshi flirting

Which annoys the main cast more? Cilan/Dento's showing off, or Brock/Takeshi hitting on girls?
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 22nd July 2012 at 08:30 AM.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What's more annoying? Cilan/Dento's showing off, or Brock/Takeshi hitting on girl

I actually don't find either annoying (especially relative to what DOES annoy me in the Pokemon anime), but if I had to choose which gag I like less, then it would be Brock's. Personally I think it got better when the routine was upgraded from ear-pulling to Croagunk Poison Jabbing his private bits and then dragging him off to parts unknown, with everybody watching yet not doing anything about it. XD But despite that, the gag was literally always the same, and it was only interesting when little girls (or spirits) crushed on Brock with Brock not reciprocating/being fooled, or when the feeling was actually mutual between Brock and the girl (like Holly).

Cilan's Awesome Times routine, whether he's talking about how he's a <something> Connoisseur or doing Evaluation Time, always has a bit of flavor to it so even though there is a pattern to his routine, I'm usually inclined to be interested in how he'll describe somebody's flavor or what he'll fag over this time in true sparkly fashion. The only annoying thing about Cilan's bit is when Iris butts in just to say it's annoying. And I'm always like "Shut da' fuck up" like KFJ says it in his FFXIII-2 LP.

I think I'll abstain from voting, since as I said, neither routine in their own right annoys me. Outside elements might make them that way sometimes (this is for both cases), but then I blame that on the outside elements, not the boys' actual things they do. :P

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What's more annoying? Cilan/Dento's showing off, or Brock/Takeshi hitting on girl

I will also abstain from voting since I don't find either annoying. I love both of their routines and to see how others react to them. I also agree Iris butting in is annoying, since earlier on she didn't do it at first. It's what makes them who they are.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

@Shinneth; @mwto;

You aren't understanding the point of the thread. It's not which act you find more annoying, it's about who you think is more annoyed from the main cast. Do you think that Iris is more annoyed about Cilan's showing off or do you think that May/Max/Misty/Ash/Dawn are more annoyed than Iris when Brock flirts? Saying which you personally find to be the more annoying thing is welcomed too. I'm sorry for not being clearer in the first place.

I would've put " to the main cast" in the title too if it weren't for the character limitations on thread titles preventing me to add it. I actually put it in the first post instead.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

It's still a difficult choice, being Iris and Ash are the only ones to go off of for Dento, but I would say Brock since Misty, Max, or Croagunk always need to pull him away.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

I hate both, but Brock's hitting on girls to get pulled away or poison jabbed. Though I probably wouldn't have minded so much if they hadn't crammed it down our *bleep* throats every damn episode
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Don
    Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

First I'll say, for myself, I find them both entertaining in their own way, nothing annoying. Now the characters:

Considering her reactions (especially in the latest episode) I will say Iris is the most annoyed by Cilan's antics.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Either Iris is less annoyed by Dent and his antics than earlier protagonists were with Brock, or she's just bottling it up for one big outburst. Unlike Misty or Max, she's never actually resorted to physical violence. Yet.
    I don't think Croagunk was ever annoyed with Brock though, just extremely protective, in a sadistic kind of way.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

In regards to the main cast, I think that Iris is more annoyed at Cilan's "Evaluation Time" and other varieties of it than Mist/Max/Croagunk were with Brock. Iris almost always seemed annoyed at Cilan's fairly upbeat and energetic moments. With Misty, there was a bit of an annoyance with Brock hitting on girls, although I think she was just tired with it more than anything else. There were times where Max was annoyed with it more than Misty was, but I didn't think it bothered either one of them as much as it seems to do with Iris. Either that or she just expresses her annoyance more verbally than they did, which causes me to see her as being more annoyed. I didn't really get a feeling that it annoyed Croagunk. I figured that it wanted to bring Brock back to Earth for some reason, but not out of anger or annoyance for his behavior.
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

As a few people have been made aware of by myself, the thread is asking what is more annoying to the cast. That is the question at hand, and it should be answered in everyone's first post in this thread.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Which annoys the main cast more? Cilan/Dento's showing off VS Brock/Takeshi flirt

Takeshi's girl gag is probably more stressful to the cast, because they have to haul his depressed ass away from the booze after every single rejection. :p

At least when Dent sparkles, shit gets done or goes down. :o

Default Re: Which annoys the main cast more? Cilan/Dento's showing off VS Brock/Takeshi flirt

Brock's flirting had went out of style for me since back in Johto. Cilan I can tolerate. But for how long?

But how come Tracey's sketching isn't in here? That was pretty pathetic too.