CONTEST: Advanced VS DP - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which Is Better(Anime)

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Advanced

8 10.96%
  • Advanced Challenge

6 8.22%
  • Advanced Battle

11 15.07%
  • Battle Frontier

6 8.22%
  • Diamond and Pearl

10 13.70%
  • DP: Battle Dimension

3 4.11%
  • DP: Galactic Battles

6 8.22%
  • DP: Sinnoh League Victors

23 31.51%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Advanced VS DP

Default Re: Advanced VS DP

As a whole DP was better. Ash's rivals, the storyline and the general character growth Ash went through. This is the time when people are saying he's acting like he was 13-14 and they're right. Overall he'd changed a lot since Kanto and I thought that DP really showed us that.

Preferred the Sinnoh League to the Hoenn, just because Ash used more pokemon and showed better battling skills.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Diamond and Pearl. While I like the AG trio more, I think the crappy Magma-dan / Aqua-dan finale and Haruka's questionable contest wins bring the series down.

I hate the Battle Frontier saga as whole. Boring fillers, crappy animation (from Izumi Shimura, who was the animation director of a good chunk of the episodes), Haruka's Zenigame and her ridiculous contest arc, and the Regice vs Pikachu fiasco.

I like the main group in AG better, but for the most part (well, all of it) DP was written so much better wand was much more engaging. Nostalgia goggles wants me to choose AG, but on aesthetics alone I have to give the win to DP for having omgAWESOME big bad and rival arcs.

And because the characters in DP, barring the main trio (I like Hikari but she doesn't compare to the other three IMO) were so fantastically well-written and entertaining (Nozomi and Kengo were boring as hell in terms of contest rivals, but they interacted well with the other characters. x] ie. Nozomi and Haruka/Shinji, and Kengo with Satoshi redeemed what I thought was irreparably boring)

Edit: And also, DP as a whole had a much greater Holy Shit Quotient than all the other seasons COMBINED. because there was less poor-writing and deus ex machina everything. Then again, AG felt more organic...

the same i've always been:
    mafia win/lose tally . vocal covers . ffn.net
    . ao3 . tumblr

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While I like Dawn the least of the female main characters, I did find the DP saga more enjoyable. For one, Ash had an actual rival (a couple in fact) in that series, unlike AG, where he didn't really have any until the Hoenn League. DP broke many different "rules" (albeit, fan-made rules) that we thought would never be broken, such as no other character having an Electric-type besides Ash, as well as Ash getting a Dragon-type Pokemon.

I think the DP saga had the most substance to it, and the writers really seemed to have more of an idea of what they were doing, in comparison to previous series. I think Team Galactic was handled fairly well, especially after the monstrosity that was Team Magma/Aqua. AG wasn't a terrible series; I enjoyed May's character, but I thought the series, as a whole, could have been better than it was. May's wins had a tendency to be unrealistic, but I still think I enjoyed her contests more than Dawn's.

The only thing I can think of that AG has over DP is May's rivals/contests compared to Dawn's rivals/contests. Well, that, and I felt like the Hoenn League was better than the Sinnoh League. But I'd say I'd take the DP saga over AG because DP was written nicely for the most part.
    Last edited by Chronos; 16th May 2011 at 05:02 PM.

[QUOTE=Callisto;3184630]

I think Team Plasma was handled fairly well[QUOTE]

*team galactic*
    Team Plasma is only in B/W
    Last edited by Girly Princess; 16th May 2011 at 05:11 PM.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oops, you're right. My bad.

Blog Entries

This certainly was a hard one...
    When it comes to groups, I'd definitely choose the AG group, 'cause they had some great contributions! (And May's awesome!)
    But DP... Nah, it felt to me like they were FORCED to travel with each other, I felt no chemistry. :S (And Dawn was a real pain...)
    Though DP hade the most interesting story, with all the rivals, Team Galactic, Cynthia etc. But I'll still choose AG, 'cause even the fillers in AG were awesome, which they weren't in DP....
    My favourite season in AG is Battle Advanced, and that's mainly because of the Hoenn League. In DP it's Galactic Battles, I loved the Johto Festival, the Team Galactic action and the 6 on 6 battle with Paul. AND GIBLE!! <3
    Last edited by Chiplet; 16th May 2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Pressed ''Enter'' by mistake

DP has the most ridicules pokemon movie ever (13th)

I think new fans love DP while old fans prefers AG

********PIKACHU I LOVE U************

Blog Entries

Battle Frontier was pretty good in my opinon. Next to Sinnoh League Victors ;P

DP had too many "Piplup got lost! Find it!" episodes for my taste. I did like the flashy effects of battles (lol) compared to Advanced. Though, Team Rocket was much more annoying in DP than they were in Advanced.

At least in DP they had a tribute episode to the OLD Team Rocket. Definitely one of my favorite episodes. In Advanced, my faovrite episode was "Poached Ego" where Jessie and James released Weezing and Arbok. I didn't like what they did in regards to releasing those two but it really was a great episode and one of the highlights of that season.

I wonder how those two and their Ekans and Koffing buddies are holding out, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by alypkm View Post
    DP has the most ridicules pokemon movie ever (13th)

I think new fans love DP while old fans prefers AG
    Not true, I have been watching since it started, AG was hurt pretty bad by the voice switch wich is another reason it sucked in my opinion.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I voted "Diamond and Pearl" because I thought that was referring to the saga and not that season. I don't have a favorite season from that saga. I don't treat them as seasons since all the seasons in the same saga are the same to me - Johto being the only exception.

Diamond and Pearl is my all time favorite saga so far for reasons others have already stated. Paul is hands down the greatest rival the anime has ever had. I wouldn't call the rivalry "perfect", but still handled extremely well and it was his very character that made him stand out.

I also just loved almost everything it had going for it such as Croagunk, Pokemon Hunter J, Team Galactic and the storyline in general, Conway, and just about everything else.

Yeah, the Contest rivals were rather lucklaster overall - though I actually liked Nando and felt better about Zoey when she got development - but I did like that Dawn actually struggled in Contests despite that she was "ahead of the game" since she knew precisely what she wanted to do from the start unlike May.

Quote Originally Posted by Turquoise View Post
    Not true, I have been watching since it started, AG was hurt pretty bad by the voice switch wich is another reason it sucked in my opinion.
    The voice switch didn't happen till BF, which means 3/4ths of AG had the 4kids cast as well as all of Hoenn.

Likewise since DP also had the same new voices I don't see how one saga could be hit by something and not the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    The voice switch didn't happen till BF, which means 3/4ths of AG had the 4kids cast as well as all of Hoenn.

Likewise since DP also had the same new voices I don't see how one saga could be hit by something and not the next.
    I said it was another reason i didn't like and its only my opnion.
    the voice actors sounded like crap in the Battle Frontier and were better in Diamond and Pearl, it also dosn't help that Ash actully had frontier symbols affter the switch, Making the season fell really uneven.

Quote Originally Posted by Turquoise View Post
    I said it was another reason i didn't like and its only my opnion.
    the voice actors sounded like crap in the Battle Frontier and were better in Diamond and Pearl, it also dosn't help that Ash actully had frontier symbols affter the switch, Making the season fell really uneven.
    We're not just talking about BF, we're talking about all of AG. You know the fact that Hoenn and BF are two separate arcs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast