Tea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tea

Blog Entries

Default Tea

ITT we discuss nature's gift to humans: Tea!
    What are you favorites? When do you drink it? How do you like it prepared?
    Feel free to share any good tea-food combos or ways you use tea to cook!

For me, I always start the day with Earl Grey. Its been that way for years, so its kind of a tradition. I also like to have a cup of PG tips with a splash of milk in the afternoon. It helos keep me going and really makes me focus on any homework I'm doing. Last I usually finish the day with a cup of something herbal/caffine free. Its really calming for the senses and gets me ready for bed.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Tea

I'm a HUGEEEEE tea drinker.

I like Chinese teas like Jasmine but I also like chrysanthemum too.
    I prefer red and green teas over black teas.

I like really fruity aroma'd teas or really flowery ones. Pomegranate and sangria and tea = HEAVEN!

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

I LOVE tea! My favorite tea to drink with breakfast is Irish Breakfast tea. It's strong, and perfect for the morning. For the afternoon, I like drinking French Vanilla tea, or cinnamon. I always put milk, sugar and a bit of honey in it. I like it sweet :)

Blog Entries

Personally i prefer English tea such as Earl Grey.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

I don't drink tea as much as I used to, but I still love it. I generally prefer herbal teas over caffeinated ones. Sleepytime is my favorite kind, and I love it with some honey. It's great.

As for iced tea, I am in LOVE with Snapple's Peach Tea. That stuff is just so delicious. It's probably my number one drink of choice.
    Last edited by Insanish Danish; 10th November 2012 at 06:29 PM.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Hot cups of tea for everyone could bring world peace I say. I'm particular about how I take my tea, it has to have milk (not skim milk, which makes you bleed from your eyes) and no sugar or extra flavourings. Also it has to be served in the biggest cup available (then it stays hot longer, and more importantly there's more of it).
    I like my green tea on it's own or with a bit of lemon.
    South American mate is also awesome, but I can never find it.

Blog Entries

Tea is wonderful <3

I love white teas and oolong teas the most, and I used to work at Teavana so I have a decent knowledge of a bunch of different kinds. My friends come to me if they want tea suggestions. :D

I brew my own iced tea using just plain ol' orange pekoe teabags, honey, and lemon.

Loose leaf tea really makes a difference. It's really expensive, sure, but there is a taste AND quality difference. And there's all different kinds you can get too. <3

But for favorite teas? Six Summits Oolong, and the Snow Geisha White teas from Teavana. Just....don't let them upsell you :| They can get very obnoxious when selling. But the tea is fantastic.

And if this world runs out of lovers
    We'll still have each other
    Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now

Click here to join the fabulous Striaton Triplets Club!
    Looking for a legit shiny Cryogonal or Sigilyph!

I love fruity iced teas like raspberry, blackberry, and strawberry. My favorite hot teas are herbal teas such as peppermint and chamomille (sometimes lemon too). Whenever I'm sick in the winter, a hot cup of peppermint tea instantly makes me feel better. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Blog Entries
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

I like tea, especially mint tea, but unfortunately I don't get to drink it often.

shhhhh.
    Blog Entries

Follow Parma on Tumblr

I prefer tea over coffee.

Adding honey to tea makes it a tiny bit sweeter in my case, but it's consumed without sweeteners most of the time. I prefer green tea, chamomile tea and sassafras tea for regular consumption.

SPECIAL CONSUMPTIONS:

-Honey lemon tea - Earned the special tag because the lemon opens up your chest and makes you more vulnerable to the cold. Your mileage will vary, though.

-Senna tea - Less of a tea and more of a laxative tea. If you ever have to drink this tea, just stay home. :3
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

I love iced tea, but I always like to start my mornings with a nice cup of English Breakfast. Green tea or Chai can be a warm treat on a cold day as well.

Oh, I forgot Chai tea! I love spiced Chai tea mixed with some warm milk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Blog Entries

TEA ♥.

I love tea, and I don't really venture in this section often - just saw that 'tea' had popped up and I wanted to comment. ;} Tea is an extremely gorgeous drink, although I'd usually drink something that's more readily available to me, such as water or lemonade, as I usually don't bother with making myself a cup. If anyone else in my house is making some drink using the kettle, I'll usually ask for a cup of tea, but I do make myself and some others tea sometimes. I have a good splash of milk in and sometimes a teaspoon of sugar if it's a bit on the bleh-y side, but otherwise I enjoy tea a lot. I only actually started drinking tea a few months ago, but I find that I enjoy it a lot, especially if I'm feeling a bit ill or if I'm unwinding - tea is great when you're reading.

It's strange how I've suddenly started to love tea - I think my brother's girlfriend (who is so obsessed with tea) played a major part in the conversion, and now I do love it a lot. I remember one year in a Home Economics class we were allowed to make tea, so I made myself some as all the other kids were doing it, and I could barely finish the stuff because I thought it was so vile - it could have been the teabag, I supposed, but it was probably one of the first times I had tried tea and I guess that put me off drinking the stuff for a while. I'd always denied a cup of tea if I was offered one, but now I just gladly accept them.

As for types of tea, I believe that we drink Barry's (not sure if anyone would know that brand), but otherwise I'm not entirely sure. I don't actually check the boxes, I just dip the stuff in and drink it when it's ready. Oh, and some flavoured teas are quite nice - I remember we had a box full of differently-flavoured teabags, and my brother drained the whole supply with his girlfriend, but I did have a few. Some of the fruit teas off of the top of my head are quite nice to drink, although since we don't have any left I don't actually drink them any more. Herbal tea, mint tea and chamomile tea are rather good too, although I don't really drink them as much as I'd just drink the "normal" kind of tea, and they're not as good in my opinion.

Quick Irish lesson: "A cup of tea" roughly translates as "cupan tae". Isn't that interesting?

Blog Entries

I like Earl Grey with honey. That's all I need. A hot cup of that. At any time of the year. At any time of the day, even, and I will be content.

Blog Entries

Bad experience as a child makes me gag when I even smell tea. So I prefer my water straight up, no tea added.
    Astronomy Club... you know you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaname Madoka
    If someone tells me that it’s wrong to hope, I will tell them they’re wrong every time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast