20th April 2012, 07:40 AM #1
I don't get blue balls.
Recipe: Roast Chicken & Chorizo
So this is my first post and I thought I'd share a recipe I often use when I want a quick easy meal.
I normally cook 6 servings when I make this for myself and my flatmates. I guess you can adjust quantities appropriately. If you want this for more than 6 though, you will probably need more than 1 baking tray.
- 10 to 12 chicken thighs (Or use some drumsticks instead if you prefer
- 200g chorizo
- 3 large red onions
- 5 or 6 potatoes (I use King Edwards, but any potato that roasts well will do)
- Fresh rosemary and thyme
- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic
- Preheat oven to 200deg Celsius (fan-assisted)
- Chop the onions into large chunks and lay them across the base of your roasting tray.
- Scatter the cloves of garlic across this bed of onions and arrange the chicken pieces on top
- Cut the potatoes into chunks and arrange between the chicken pieces
- Slice the chorizo into slices about a quarter-inch thick and arrange the pieces on top of the chicken and potatoes. Try to make sure the chorizo pieces stay on top because the juices will add flavour to the rest of the meal
- Add the herbs to the tray. Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over everything. Don't use too much because the chorizo will add its own oils
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes
- Remove the tray and spoon the juices that have gathered at the bottom over the chicken and potatoes to stop them drying out
- Roast in the oven for 20 more minutes.
- Serve immediately
It's an easy meal to prepare, and very filling I hope you guys enjoy it, and I look forward to getting more involved in this and other forums!