Recipe Resources

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recipe Resources

Blog Entries
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

Default Recipe Resources

So, guys, where did ya'll get your recipes from? Your grandma's rusty metal Peanuts recipe case? Epicurious?

Personally, I get mine from a combination out of the above. If I'm looking for some fancier stuff, I go with Epicurious, but if I just want a simple family recipe, I go with the Peanuts.

Do ya'll have any interesting stories about where you get your recipes, or just a list of resources (websites, etc) you use for them?
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Recipe Resources

Well this is the background behind my pizza sauce quesadillas.

So one day me and my family were really bored and eating plain cheese quesadillas and it was a storm outside so we couldn't do anything outside.

So what we did was have "contests" on the quesadillas since we all knew how to make one and you could customize it however you liked.

So me being the Italian lover stuck pizza sauce and parsley in my quesadilla.

So BOOM Pizza sauce quesadilla.

I think mine won the contest too :P

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

what's Epicurious? O_o?

I mainly just make up recipes as i go when making something familiar, making little changes here, adding something new there, switch up cooking styles.. until eventually i've made up an entirely new dish (by my family's standards anyway lol)

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Epicurious is a website that has thousands upon thousands of recipes and cooking tips. Good site.

As for where I get my recipes... I get them all from my mum and my grandmum. They're both amazing chefs and they taught me how to cook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

I mostly get recipes from my mom and cookbooks. But sometimes I'll look recipes up online.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries

Online or on Food Network or the Cooking Channel or family.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

My dad. He's got some serious training from his days working on restaurant software and his backlog is amazing. I usually take his recipes and add or remove spices. Usually the latter, because sometimes he can be too overwhelming in that department. Otherwise, just taking the basics, and through trial and error getting something great.

I love you BMGf friends Milo†icgirl McQüeen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm really mixed.

I do go on websites but I have a Be-Ro book that is my own and has a lot of nice recipes. Also, my mum is someone who gives me her cooking ideas and helps me as well as, I take Food technology as a GSCE option so I learn a lot there.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Mostly from my mom and the Internet.

HAS RETURNEEEEDDD!!!! AlexandraTheZoroark's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I make most of my recipes up. Who knows, maybe I'll make my own cookbook when I'm older!!! :D
    Formerly LucarioGirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkapoke View Post
    I am writing a paper on dakimakuras.

I've only written four paragraphs, but it's already five pages long...
    deviantART|Scratch|YouTube|Fanclub

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Family, cookbooks, TV, and online
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Registered Music Geek Meloetta23's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I get most of my recipes from my mom (who got them from her mother, and some family recipes go back for generations). I'm Latin American on my mom's side, so I come from a family of cooks and healthy eaters. Pretty much every woman in my family cooks, and we're all really good at it and have at least one signature dish.

However, one year for Christmas I got Personal Trainer: Cooking for the DS and that's been really helpful too. Usually what I'll do is follow the recipe exactly as it is, but when I'm more comfortable with a dish I'll add my own personal touch to it, like adding more of one seasoning or less of another or substituting an ingredient with one that I like better. I think that anyone who loves cooking should go out and get it because it's easy and a lot of fun to use.
    ~Meloetta23's Song of the Week~

When You Say You Love Me- Josh Groban
    When you say you love me
    The world goes still, so still inside, and
    When you say you love me
    For a moment, there's no one else alive

Actual Cannibal Shiay LaBeouf Shiay's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiay On Twitter Add Shiay on Facebook
    Follow Shiay on Tumblr Visit Shiay's Youtube Channel

Personally, I have a lot of different resources. My main resource at first being my very own father, since he's a very good cook, and he's actually sat down to teach me how he makes his recipes. Then there are times where I just sit down at restaurants and go, "you know... this is actually really very good. I wonder if I can replicate it in some fashion or another.".... I'm also very fond of experimenting, as Myrddin may confirm. BU Seeing as I've sat him down through my creations as my personal guinea pig. =v= Though, LUCKILY, he's still alive and he's complimented all of my work. =v=b

As for my last resource, I do have my fiance to thank for it. It's got so many lovely recipes, and every time I visit the website, my mouth waters and my eyes definitely grow bigger than my stomach. Food Gawker.

deviantART | Perfect Lie | The Sinclair Journal | Level Up! | My Fanclub | Fallout Fanclub | Morty/Matsuba Fanclub | Left 4 Dead Group | TERA Player

Tempest Reach Server
    Jaydin.Byrd/37/Human/Warrior | Alloura/20/Elin/Priest | Jaysen.Biel/20/Castanic/Warrior | Kayan/6/Castanic/Archer
    Azrea/5/Castanic/Warrior | Gwenevire/8/Elin/Sorcerer | Jak.Sinclair/18/Human/Warrior | Sylsalis/10/Castanic/Archer

Celestial Hills Server
    Vaiha/15/Castanic/Slayer | Thalifra/16/Castanic/Sorcerer | Shiay/13/Human/Slayer | Mirielle.Maltrusse/23/High Elf/Mystic
    Nuell/20/Castanic/Archer | Open | Open | Open

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

I normally improv as I go along :P

Blog Entries
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

@Shiay : I just got a very interesting screen when I went to that site. Apparently, I did the secret handshake wrong. ^^;
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast