27th September 2013, 10:49 AM #1
Greetings, everyone. And this is so awesome that this site has a cooking thread for all of us kitchen lovers. Well, I am pretty much in college. You either have two options, Either you waste away to junk food or you can cook for yourself. So this is pretty much my recipe for King Prawn Tagitelle[Pasta]. Here goes, without further Adieu!
ngredients - 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 1 packet of frozen King prawns, 2 large cloves of garlic (crushed in a garlic press) 1 small red onion (finely chopped) 13 cherry tomatoes chopped in half, juice of one lemon, a pinch of salt (depending on how much salt you like) 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper (or more according to your taste) 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes (much nicer than chilli powder) and a good handful of fresh basil (finely chopped) and half a packet of tagliatelli pasta.
1. Put the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water, stir and leave to cook.
2. Put your chopped red onion and garlic in a saucepan with your extra virgin olive oil and cook for 2 minutes. Then add your frozen prawns and simmer until your prawns become soft. Then add your chopped tomatoes and leave to simmer for 1 minute.
3. Now add your lemon juice, chilli flakes, ground black pepper, salt and fresh basil. Stir and leave to simmer for 4 minutes (keep checking on it so that the sauce doesnt stick to the bottom of the saucepan.
4. Hopefully your pasta will be cooked by now, so drain and set aside.
5. Your sauce should be bubbling by now, you can tell its cooked when the tomatoes collapse.
6. Add your cooked pasta to the sauce, stir thoroughly and serve with a sprig of fresh basil.
All of this, from start to finish should take 15 mins topps.