How do you prepare this meal? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How do you prepare this meal?

Default Re: How do you prepare this meal?

Check your burner on the stove. I would turn it down
    if it was on high and use less grease. Another tip,
    if you use butter, mix it with olive oil to keep it from
    burning. That helps a lot especially when it's either
    french toast, or vegetables in a stirfry.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    I have trouble frying things. They tend to burn. How do I remedy this?
    Heat the pan before adding the oil. Try using oils with a higher smoke point, like safflower oil. Watch carefully!

leave a dream where the fallout lies
    watch it grow where the tearstain dries
    to keep you safe tonight

Well, I got my previous thread closed and was told to ask here, so... Hey guys! I'm not that good of a chef, but I'm really trying to learn some new stuff.

Anyway, I restarted SoulSilver today, and noticed Mom's kitchen and the fact that her cooking specialty is the Cinnabar Volcano Burger. I would love to make this for my hubby! We got married recently and I got him into Pokémon, so it would be something nice... I think!

So, if any of our pro chefs here would give me a few ideas to make something that would be worthy of the name Cinnabar Volcano Burger, please let me know!

Blog Entries
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerine View Post
    Well, I got my previous thread closed and was told to ask here, so... Hey guys! I'm not that good of a chef, but I'm really trying to learn some new stuff.

Anyway, I restarted SoulSilver today, and noticed Mom's kitchen and the fact that her cooking specialty is the Cinnabar Volcano Burger. I would love to make this for my hubby! We got married recently and I got him into Pokémon, so it would be something nice... I think!

So, if any of our pro chefs here would give me a few ideas to make something that would be worthy of the name Cinnabar Volcano Burger, please let me know!
    There's one thing it would definitively need to be: spicy! Something with the name "Volcano" in it should definitively leave you sweating, heh. Also, seeing as Cinnabar is a red ore, you might want to give that color to your burger as much as possible. Best way I can think of would be to use chilli sauce, which solves both problems.

Blog Entries

If you're going for spicy, I'd try Chili Powder, Paprika, Cumin, Cheyenne, maybe some Crushed Red Pepper. A bit of Louisiana and Tabasco sauce might be good, too. Personally, I like to experiment a bit whenever I'm cooking, so if you see something spicy that might taste good (or at least interesting), you can always add a little of that.

Of course, my first thought was adding cinnamon. That is definitely not a usual thing to put into a hamburger, but in the right amount, it could make it special. I think I'll try and do that soon.

Considering the name "volcano", you might want to use some sort of thick tomato sauce with garlic and such, I hesitate to say Marinara, but it could work. So that it kinda drips off the sides. If you don't mind the slight mess.

Damn, I want to make one of those now. And I just ate! =/

Thanks guys! I was thinking of using this kind of sauce I like, called lyutenitsa, which is a thick red sauce that isn't so spicy (I liked the idea of chili sauce, but that may be just too much!). Maybe, using lyutenitsa, I could make a kind of cone, then I add some cinnamon, and see the results. I thought about putting some ground goat cheese on top to make it look like snow, but I'm not sure if Cinnabar Volcano has any... I'll see if I can make it work, be sure to let me know if you manage to put one together! :D

Blog Entries

The secret to snickerdoodles?
    I love cinnamon cookies, but its very rare ill find store bought cookies that I truly love and I get intimidated when I look for online recipes.
    There is another thing though. If the recipe contains flour, I can't bake them in the house because of my brothers allergies. Milk and eggs are not so much the problem, just that the scent of flour gets all over the house and oven.
    If you know a good recipe with flour id still like to know it because I could go to a friends house and bake them there (if I share P:
    Well, that's about it
    Thank you!
    Black: Alecia 2193 7035 0253
    SoulSilver: Whimsy 2881 3823 5745
    RADIO's Warehouse: Where all the components for a Pokemon Master can be found.
    Stories: Fossilized Love RandoMinds Transfer the Trainer

Omelettes.
    I can cook dang near everything else, but I can't make an omelette to save my life. They fall apart. They make a mess. They become scrambled eggs. >_> What am I doing wrong? (I make egg white omelettes since egg yolks gross me out.... Is it not possible to do omelettes with just the whites or something?)

Actual Cannibal Shiay LaBeouf Shiay's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiay On Twitter Add Shiay on Facebook
    Follow Shiay on Tumblr Visit Shiay's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by 137.RADIO View Post
    The secret to snickerdoodles?
    I love cinnamon cookies, but its very rare ill find store bought cookies that I truly love and I get intimidated when I look for online recipes.
    There is another thing though. If the recipe contains flour, I can't bake them in the house because of my brothers allergies. Milk and eggs are not so much the problem, just that the scent of flour gets all over the house and oven.
    If you know a good recipe with flour id still like to know it because I could go to a friends house and bake them there (if I share P:
    Well, that's about it
    Thank you!
    Snickerdoodles are rather simple once you get the gist of it. I have a post here that contains the procedures that I follow when making Snickerdoodles. They come out wonderfully.

deviantART | Perfect Lie | The Sinclair Journal | Level Up! | My Fanclub | Fallout Fanclub | Morty/Matsuba Fanclub | Left 4 Dead Group | TERA Player

Tempest Reach Server
    Jaydin.Byrd/37/Human/Warrior | Alloura/20/Elin/Priest | Jaysen.Biel/20/Castanic/Warrior | Kayan/6/Castanic/Archer
    Azrea/5/Castanic/Warrior | Gwenevire/8/Elin/Sorcerer | Jak.Sinclair/18/Human/Warrior | Sylsalis/10/Castanic/Archer

Celestial Hills Server
    Vaiha/15/Castanic/Slayer | Thalifra/16/Castanic/Sorcerer | Shiay/13/Human/Slayer | Mirielle.Maltrusse/23/High Elf/Mystic
    Nuell/20/Castanic/Archer | Open | Open | Open

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
    Omelettes.
    I can cook dang near everything else, but I can't make an omelette to save my life. They fall apart. They make a mess. They become scrambled eggs. >_> What am I doing wrong? (I make egg white omelettes since egg yolks gross me out.... Is it not possible to do omelettes with just the whites or something?)
    I now this all too well. My little sister hates egg yolks so she'll always make me take it out. My method is to:

Seperate a few egg whites from the yolk (well, yeah!) and put them in a bowl. Beat them in a bowl for about 30 seconds. Milk is optional but it tends to make the omlette a bit thin. Make sure you spray your pan with a non-stick spray of olive oil before you put in the whites. Cook the whites in the pan until the eggs are almost completely set then, add your filing. Make sure you watch thing eggs because they cook really fast. Gently fold one end over the over covering the contents of the omlette. You can flip it once if you like your eggs a bit more cooked. If not, just slide it onto your plate. Enjoy!

I hope this helped!

Apple juice tastes good CrazyLilChicken's Avatar

I like to bake and in the summer, I make blackberry pie with the blackberries that we pick from across our house. I have trouble thickening the sauce for the filling and cornstrach doesn't always work. Any suggestions?
    Many thanks to Blue Dragon for this amazing signature.

My URPG Stats | My DRPG Stats | My Wish List

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLilChicken View Post
    I like to bake and in the summer, I make blackberry pie with the blackberries that we pick from across our house. I have trouble thickening the sauce for the filling and cornstrach doesn't always work. Any suggestions?
    I would recommend reducing the blackberry mixture in a saucepan. Let it bubble and then chill for a whole day - should help.

I've been looking for a good Asian dish that I can use my rice steamer for and also what type of white rice should I get? D:

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by EmmySCx View Post
    I've been looking for a good Asian dish that I can use my rice steamer for and also what type of white rice should I get? D:
    Depends on your preference! Chinese and Korean rice is short grain while Japanese rice is long grain. I personally prefer drier rice, so my favorite rice is Japanese.

My mom likes to make Hong Kong-style claypot rice in the rice cooker. Here's a recipe I found, I'm not sure how authentic it is, but it looks pretty good regardless: Clay Pot Rice with Cantonese Sausage | Appetite for China

I have to say that I don't have much of a preference as I am all new to rice cooking. Is there a rice I can get with less gluten? o3o

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast