How do you prepare this meal?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How do you prepare this meal?

DCM
    Blog Entries

Default How do you prepare this meal?

The Sticky Q&A version for Cooking! Feel Free to ask questions about cooking here.
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How do you prepare this meal?

I have trouble frying things. They tend to burn. How do I remedy this?

Blog Entries

Make sure the oil is not too high. Also pay attention to the color of the food too. If it is pan frying, don't feel afraid to check the part that is against the pan.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Can anybody give me a recipe to a vinaigrette salad? I love them but whenever I try to prepare one it tastes like poo.

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

I hate vinegar with a passion, but somehow I managed to love this salad. It's a bit sweeter, but the ingredients work out really well, especially for a summer snack.

Get a bag of mixed Spinach greens, a cup of chopped walnuts, a cup of fresh blue berries, sliced strawberries and dried cranberies. Toss all these ingredients together. (you can adjust the proportions as liberally as you like.)

When dressing, I recommend a Strawberry or any other Sweet flavored Vinaigrette Variety drizzled over your salad at the time of serving. Don't go overboard since vinagrette is very strong, the key is just to lightly coat the salad. To be fair, anything soaked in a ton of vinaigrette dressing tastes like poo. XP (But just enough is dainty.)

-In Simple Harmony-

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Thanks Rayne

HAS RETURNEEEEDDD!!!! AlexandraTheZoroark's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've told my parents that I want to get a head start on trying to use the oven, but I don't know a starter recipe to do besides chocolate chip cookies. But be careful, I'm a picky eater (It's no wonder why my brother says that I have the personality of a Sandshrew :-P), and I want my family to like it. Anybody have a good starter recipe?
    Formerly LucarioGirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkapoke View Post
    I am writing a paper on dakimakuras.

I've only written four paragraphs, but it's already five pages long...
    deviantART|Scratch|YouTube|Fanclub

Blog Entries
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

Its not so much a recipe as a recipe suggestion. I'd look on Epicurious for a buttermilk biscuit recipe and do that. Although, if you know of an old family recipe for them, try that (generally, old family recipes are 20x better than anything you find on the web/TV).

EDIT: Actually, this recipe for tea cookies... is awesome. I made them once, and now when ever my sister in law comes around, I have to make them for her and my mom. XD
    Last edited by AiedailEclipsed; 21st July 2011 at 12:09 AM.
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Official Link Fanglomper SSJ_Jup81's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add SSJ_Jup81 on Facebook
    Visit SSJ_Jup81's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioGirl View Post
    I've told my parents that I want to get a head start on trying to use the oven, but I don't know a starter recipe to do besides chocolate chip cookies. But be careful, I'm a picky eater (It's no wonder why my brother says that I have the personality of a Sandshrew :-P), and I want my family to like it. Anybody have a good starter recipe?
    What type of dish do you even want to prepare? It would help if you would mention that too. Meat? Vegetable? One of my favorite things to make still, even if it's a rarity now, is baked spaghetti. I also like preparing oven-roasted garden veggies, which I think I'll prepare at some point when the heat dies down.

Blog Entries

Does anyone have a good recipe for oatmeal cookies? Preferably just oatmeal, nothing special like raisins or anything. I've looked like everywhere and can't find a simple, plain old oatmeal cookie recipe.
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by AiedailEclipsed View Post
    Does anyone have a good recipe for oatmeal cookies? Preferably just oatmeal, nothing special like raisins or anything. I've looked like everywhere and can't find a simple, plain old oatmeal cookie recipe.
    This looks promising!

You have found the ADVICE!

"Correct. That is indeed how you bake cookies. But this is not your final destination."

How about this as your next step!

Last edited by Parma; 29th November 2012 at 09:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Thank ya, I'll give that a shot next time I'm cooking something :)

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How do you make your ganache stay glossy and smooth? :S Tis for a cake...
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

Blog Entries

First, thanks for the replies to my thread, sorry I didn't get a chance to respond. The charcoal idea is great.

Okay, so apparently I was supposed to come here, although I already know how to make a Filet Mignon, and was looking for other kinds of suggestions, but alright.

I'm going to make a birthday Filet Mignon for my best friend. I'd like to know any suggestions you might have either a personal variation of the dish you like, a certain way to make it, ingredients to add, or any side dishes that complement the meal as well as what kind of wine you'd serve with it. I have ideas already, but this is her birthday, so I want to impress her and am hoping you guys can think of something I wouldn't.

Blog Entries

Red wine goes best with steak, or so I hear (I'm not much of a wine drinker myself). As for side dishes, I don't think you can go wrong with a delicious buttery mound of garlic mashed potatoes with finely chopped onions and mushrooms mixed in. Also, grilled asparagus could be a nice touch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast