Is it hard for you to try new foods? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it hard for you to try new foods?

Default Re: Is it hard for you to try new foods?

Trying new foods = no sweat.

I have not met a food yet that made me squirm. I tried Clam, Oysters, Calamari, Conch, Catfish, Sushi (although I believe it isn't very authentic), and Mongoose.

I love the idea of trying new foods, it is simply amazing, and so is the food. XD

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

I'm extremely picky about what I eat (simply because I know what I don't like), so I can't eat anything that looks disgusting or smells horrible. I still get weary about trying new food because if I don't like it, then I feel like I just wasted food and money. So it's pretty hard for me to try new things.

Moon Princess Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I will try new things if they are offered to me from someone else. I admit, when ordering food, because I know I'm quite picky and sensitive to tastes, smells and textures, I will stick to what I know. But if someone offers me something from their plate or something they've made, I'll take it even if I don't like the look of it because I believe it's important to try as many things as possible. That is, unless it's particularly spicy or sour. Both very easily hurt my tongue and throat, so I am more cautious with those.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ alpacasso forums ~

"I'm really feeling it!" Chibster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Chibster on Tumblr Visit Chibster's Youtube Channel

No, of course not! I'm very far from picky. I believe that if you can eat it, then eat it. Be happy that you are given food; there are some people who don't live with luxuries like you do.
    Last edited by Chibster; 17th June 2014 at 08:07 PM.
    It's me, kyogre545! 3DS FC: 1864-8930-3851
    Claims: Gin (GNG), Inuyasha, Edward Elric, Vash the Stampede, Makoto Tachibana, Kyogre, Drizzle, Blue Apricorn, Squirtle Doll,, Micaiah, Crimson Loftwing, Smiles and Tears, Peaceful Days
    FS: Metang Klefki Ferroseed
    Join my clubs! ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH, Swanna Fan Club, Sweets+Sugary things, W is for Wumbology, the Study of Wumbo!

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr

It depends. I'm a picky person. If it smells weird, I usually can't eat it unless I have to in order to not look rude and throw away the food; I eat take a bite and drink water along with it to make it easier for me to eat it.

I generally enjoy trying new foods, unless it's something that looks or smells gross to me. I can be picky about textures though, for instance I'm not fond of anything that's overly greasy, or meat that has lots of chewy fat.

The Golden Witch Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

When hungry, I'll eat anything!

But seafood, if I suspect something of having fish I will refuse to eat it no matter how hungry I am. ._.
    Dolce: 4554 - 1270 - 5039
    Trade ShopArt ThreadMy DeviantART

A magnetic personality Analytic Magnezone's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Sure, I'm open to trying new foods," I say as I munch on a bar of rose milk ice cream.

This has led to a lot of good findings, like this ice cream or Ethiopian food, and a few not so good, like durian. Would I un-taste them, though, given the opportunity? Never.

Banner by Blue Dragon | Crystal Onix | Shiny Metagross | Iron Defense | Black 2 FC: 2967 7719 9235

No way! I'll try anything, bring it on! Even if it looks disgusting, if it's edible I'll try it! I'm very adventurous when it comes to food, and I think almost everything tastes delicious, so I'm good :D

Blog Entries
    Follow Felly On Twitter
    Follow Felly on Tumblr

I'm really hesitant about trying new foods. I am, and always have been, a very picky eater, so when I go places, I have to see a menu beforehand in order to decide if it would actually be worth going there to see if there would actually be food I'd like. :3 Usually if it looks good & has stuff I like in it, I'll try it. I'm trying to broaden my likes & dislikes with food so I'm not as picky of an eater anymore, but it's easier said than done.

URPG Grader, Ranger, Official, & Referee
    URPG Stats || Grader Log || Petalburg Woods

Oh hell no. I try just about anything once.

Descending into madness Umbreon Freak's Avatar

Follow Umbreon Freak on Tumblr

I'm a pretty picky eater. Getting me to try new foods is like pulling teeth. :P
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-2624-7117
    Ice-Type Safari: Snover, Bergmite, and Cloyster

Blog Entries

I was a very picky eater in the past, and still today. It's because I'm classified as a Super Taster, which means I have stronger taste buds and more of them. So it made it hard to customize a meal for myself. It's a big reason why I learned how to cook, and, not to toot my own horn, I take great pride in my cooking abilities. But I have branched out over the years, eating things that I didn't before. While anything bitter will still make me retch, I've branched out more from my "comfort food zones" (not literal comfort foods, but foods that I'm comfortable with), which, in turn, helps my cooking ability. So, yes, it was for many years that I couldn't stand to try something new. But as I got older, I became more flexible about the foods I eat, though I do have to keep an eye on certain items, as my taste buds make anything practically explode with flavor in my mouth. But yes, it was a tough task in years past. Now, not so much, though I still have some foods that I refuse to touch, no matter what.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

A E I Own You. PikachuColoredPichu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, it's been easier for me to eat grain-based foods like granola bars and peanuts, as when I was a kid I didn't like those kinds of foods.
    Official Claimer of Himself

I have no problem trying anything. Except olives.

Once I tried a ghost pepper, thinking it would be about the same as a habanero. I was wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast