Food Diary

Thread: Food Diary

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Default Food Diary

A thread solely for this purpose doesn't exist, (and I wanted to make it, ) so...

Detail any notable encounters you had recently with food here!

Today I encountered Chocolate Confusion Cake. There was definitely dense brownie in there--I found this mostly by look; and one of the crunchy elements I encountered may have been Oreo. (I didn't figure this by look or taste, but by coming across it on the internet.) There were also mini chocolate chips (at first I assumed that this accounted for all of the crunch), and chocolate mousse there may have been (I'm pretty sure this was there); and I don't know what ganache is, but that may have been there as well. (Ultimately, there may have been three cream/icing elements on the cake; within the layers was a coffee-ish color element.)

I'm not really a fan of chocolate cake (the cake element within the desert itself), but this (the desert itself) was pretty good. The worst element here was the chocolate cake, but it was probably necessary, as this thing would've been over the top otherwise.

Meh: I'm sorry my culinary prose is so lacking!
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Default Re: Food Diary

A thread where I get to talk about what I ate recently? Fuck yeah!
    god why is the chef's chateau so awesome

Today my Dad took me to Mitsuwa, which is a Japanese supermarket rife with restaurants at its extensive cafeteria as well. I ordered the yakiniku udon, as I always do, and it was heavenly, as it always is. <3___<3

the same i've always been:
    mafia win/lose tally . vocal covers . ffn.net
    . ao3 . tumblr

Blog Entries

I made some potato chips today :> Fried them in peanut oil because peanut oil = om nom nom

Except I spent too much time near the fryer and my eyes HURT LIKE HELL gjdlkfj. but the chips are good!

And if this world runs out of lovers
    We'll still have each other
    Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now

Click here to join the fabulous Striaton Triplets Club!
    Looking for a legit shiny Cryogonal or Sigilyph!

Blog Entries

Amazing Lobster Roll and Clam 'Chowdah' at Quincy Market in Boston a few days ago. Spent a pretty penny for it, but the lobster was done perfectly, lots of lobster, not too much mayo and not much for other garnishes. Chowdah was the best I've had in a long time (if not ever), was thick and creamy, excellent flavor, and lots of clams :D
    Astronomy Club... you know you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaname Madoka
    If someone tells me that it’s wrong to hope, I will tell them they’re wrong every time.

I just love a good leaf Winterdaze's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Today I had homemade English muffins for breakfast, which I had spread with cream cheese and raspberry jam.
    Besides being delicious, they were also surprisingly easy to make.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Itsuki View Post
    I made some potato chips today :> Fried them in peanut oil because peanut oil = om nom nom

Except I spent too much time near the fryer and my eyes HURT LIKE HELL gjdlkfj. but the chips are good!
    I know of a much easier way to make potato chips dude. Slice some potatoes very thinly, and then soak 'em in water and vinegar mixed together in a bowl for about five minutes. Put some parchment paper on a microwaveable plate and then put the slices of tater on the paper, dust them with salt, nuke 'em for five minutes, let 'em cool for a minute, and give them another 2 minutes if so you desire.

They're crispy and delicious and healthy because they aren't fried.