Favourite Asian cuisine - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Favourite Asian cuisine

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Default Re: Favourite Asian cuisine

I've tried Japanese, Chinese, and Indian. Indian is generally too spicy for me, but it tastes good. My favorite is Japanese for sure. I love rice and noodles plain, but all those savory flavors mixed in makes it one of my favorite meals. I wonder how different food in Japan tastes compared to the stuff I've tried.

Trophies

Being Cantonese, I cannot pick. I've never really tried much Indian food, but I love curry (usually with chicken), especially one time in that restaurant where I dipped bread in it. In Hong Kong, there was a Thai restaurant, and the food the served was wonderful; I'd love to go there again. For Chinese food, I love dim sum (especially the things called Siu Mai (烧卖) and wontons. Not so much the fast food (egg rolls, fried rice). Pork Intestine is a weird one I love as well (especially fried). For Japanese food, I've never eaten much of it, but I know I love sushi, their variants of dumplings, and ramen.

And the stuff Americans love to talk about (Pork Fried Rice, Egg rolls, Fired noodles, etc.) I generally do not like.
    No.

Blog Entries

Visit Okami's Youtube Channel

I love Japanese food in general... Dumplings are cool. So are rice noodles and Udon noodles. Really any kind of noodles. Oh and sushi...

Current games I'm playing: Fire Emblem Awaking (sort of) , Etrian odyssey IV Pokemon Black (sort of), Okami, LoZ Twilight Princess and a Pokemon Heart Gold Nuzlocke Challenge

I caught a Shiny! It was a Drowzee

My friend code in Pokemon black is 0003 2772 1159. I'll beat you (hopefully). Apparently I'm an Eevee Pokebreeder...

Wow, it's hard to say.

Indian food is awesome, being Indian and all. I love biryani, curry goat/chicken with naan or roti and of course, saag and aloo gobi. :D

Then I have that love for Chinese and Japanese foods. I like the rice noodles, Ramen, Bento, Sushi, Tempura, pot stickers, wontons oh, and baozi, I love those.

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr Visit Leggo's Youtube Channel

It's kind of hard to say since I'm Chinese, so I eat Chinese dishes often. I am infatuated with the concept of fried rice.
    I have yet to try Korean barbecue. I adore hot pot (need to someday acquire a kotatsu). I love pho. I also love eating some Vietnamese desserts.
    I'm too paranoid to eat sushi.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Speaking of Korean food, I tried some for the first time a few months ago when I was in the city for NYCC. Me and a few of my Bulba friends that I went to the con with went to this Korean restaurant for dinner one night and we all had bibimbap. Like I said, this was my first time trying Korean food so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was delicious! It was so good that trying that one dish alone has pretty much cemented Korean as my favorite Asian cuisine. I can't wait to try other kinds of Korean food too :D

What else...Thai is pretty good too, and I really want to try Japanese food someday (other than sushi, which I don't like). I don't like a lot of Indian food, but I LOVE chicken tikka masala.
    Yato likes this.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

I have a love for biryani, saag, and naan. ESPECIALLY the naan with curries and/or butter.

Really Miss Misty ThePalletTownKid's Avatar

1544523_10151988679087909_342655416_n.jpg

I really want this right now

Blog Entries

Fresh sashimi with rice. Yum. Sake melts in your mouth.

I live in Korea these days and have gone out of my way to eat and learn how to make so much Korean cuisine. Thus, my answer must be Korean cuisine. The way the flavours are utilized in each dish is very intriguing. It is never just one flavour, rather a series of flavours over every moment the food is in your mouth. For example, there is a delicious kind of kimchi made using radishes that have been cube, kkakdugi(깍두기). If you get good quality kkakdugi, that is also nicely aged, you first get a bit of a spicy taste, followed by sweet and sour, then finally a ginger taste at the very end. With such depth in a single dish, it is hard to not consider it as a favourite. This is only a single dish, not even a main one. When you have a table set with Korean food, you not only get the single dishes deep flavours, but also that of other dishes, and how they can pair with each other. A Korean meal is truly an art in my opinion.

Blog Entries

Follow Drey on Tumblr Visit Drey's Youtube Channel

Anything Japanese related. Mainly sushi though. Other favorites include beef teriyaki, seaweed salad, sashimi, & shrimp shumai (Japanese and Chinese versions).

Collecting Events shayminskyforme88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm of Chinese descent, but my favourite has to be Japanese.

Definitely an "F" ticket! Shiny Porygon's Avatar

Indian has been my long-standing favourite. Japanese has come quite close recently - though a bit bland for my tastes - with sushi, udon, teriyaki, wasabi, etc. all firm favourites.

Follow PokémonJesus On Twitter

Just give me an unlimited supply of Chinese shrimp dumpling and I'm settled for life! XD
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Ash and his buddies have been entertaining me since 1998
    ALRIGHTY! Until next time...PEACE!

I recently fell in love with a sort of cucumber kimchi that is served at this one restaurant. However, I'm a big fan of shumai of any kind and love any kind of dumpling. Some of my favorite dumplings aren't even asian in origin. Like Pelmeni, a russian dumpling.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234