Favorite Type of Tea?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Type of Tea?

Default Favorite Type of Tea?

I'm an avid tea drinker and I wanted to see what other people like so I can look for more types of tea to drink :3

I love tea in all its forms - green, white, herbal, etc. Generally I don't drink as much red or black tea, although English breakfast and Earl Grey are probably my two favorite black teas.

As a general rule of thumb, I like sweeter teas with sweeter aromas and I generally like following the "Tea rules" - creamy substances like milk only taste good with black tea, for example.

My biggest pet peeve is when I get a fruit tea but it's sour.
    I really like Chinese tea.

What specific kind of tea do you guys like? I always want to try more :O

the same i've always been:
    mafia win/lose tally . vocal covers . ffn.net
    . ao3 . tumblr

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Favorite Type of Tea?

Red tea is very nice. Actually I may want to go make a cup now :) I also like Chamomile and herbal teas like that and regular black tea and Chai. Chai is very tasty. I tend to like milder teas that arent bitter, green tea's alright, but I prefer the others I mentioned.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Sleepytime is my favorite tea ever. It's just such a lovely flavor and it really helps me relax.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish View Post
    Sleepytime is my favorite tea ever. It's just such a lovely flavor and it really helps me relax.
    Oooh, what's in it? I'm always on the lookout for "downtime" teas. My go-to is chamomile with a bit of lemon and peppermint.

the same i've always been:
    mafia win/lose tally . vocal covers . ffn.net
    . ao3 . tumblr

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Aestivate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish View Post
    Oooh, what's in it? I'm always on the lookout for "downtime" teas. My go-to is chamomile with a bit of lemon and peppermint.
    Sleepytime is actually made of chamomile, and it also has spearmint, lemongrass, orange blossoms...and some other stuff I can't remember atm. But it's the best <3
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries

I'll be honest, I've never had tea, and I'm not a coffee drinker.

If a guy like me has never tried tea before, and he was considering it, where would you recommend he start? Are there any brands you know of to stay away from? Anything better than something else?

Blog Entries

I love all types of tea, honestly. Some are better at different times and seasons, though.

A personal favorite of mine is Vanilla tea. While it has a very subtle flavor, it's soothing and relaxing.Hazelnut chai is another favorite of mine too even though I don't usually go for black teas. Lemon ginger is what I drink most of the time in the morning or afternoon to relaxe. It's very fresh an zesty.

I prefer Lemon tea the most, I also like green tea (prepared the Japanese way), and Korean-style tea (#1 fovorite - 생강차 tea made with ginger roots) - talking about tea, I could go for one right now
    Last edited by Poke Meerkat; 5th January 2013 at 11:41 PM.
    #1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
    I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

My regular go-to tea is just English Breakfast with a little milk. I also sometimes enjoy Darjeeling, green tea, or chai with honey. :3 Another favorite of mine is Taiwanese-style bubble tea, which I normally have as either taro or milk tea.

Despite normally being a huge fan of citrus, for some reason I can't stomach Earl Grey.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Earl Grey and Jasmine, with milk.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

Black tea must be black! Green tea must be full of sugar! Other than that I like tea that isn't Chai or anything like that. Bitter gourd tea rocks.

EDIT: Attention!! Everyone must get some Egyptian licorice tea right now! Pomegranate raspberry is also good with lots of sugar.
    Last edited by Niji; 8th March 2013 at 08:59 PM.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

I like Vanilla and Cinnamon flavored teas. I've never tried putting milk in my teas though.

Tea is a lifeline of sorts for me, I find it difficult to relax without it. Standard black tea is what I drink most of the time and I usually take it with milk, but I also love Green tea and Oolong. I cannot stand sweet tea though, so I never add sugar or drink those sickly pre-prepared iced teas.

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    If a guy like me has never tried tea before, and he was considering it, where would you recommend he start? Are there any brands you know of to stay away from? Anything better than something else?
    If you're going to try black tea, I'd definitely recommend starting out by drinking it with milk or lemon, which cuts the bitterness quite a lot. If you still find it unpleasant, try adding a teaspoon or two of sugar. If you have a tea strainer or pot then loose leaf tea will make the best brew, but if you don't then tea bags are a perfectly acceptable substitute. Just don't buy the really cheap ones, they're practically filled with sawdust.

If you want to try green tea the most important thing is to make sure the water isn't too hot, so boiled water should be left to cool a little bit before adding the tea. Don't let it steep too long, about a minute (two tops) will suffice.

Hope that was of some help ^^'
    Last edited by Winterdaze; 6th January 2013 at 05:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

I dislike all kinds of non-english breakfast tea that I have tried. I don't like tea without milk, so that's maybe my problem. English/Black tea with milk and sugar is the only think I will drink, which I do a lot to boot.

eta: Earl Grey is the worst possible tea known to man. I dislike it so much. :c

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast