Family Recipes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family Recipes

DCM
    Blog Entries

Default Family Recipes

Traditionally,recipes are passed down throughout families, usually with one central recipe. I will be posting my families "Apple Pie" recipe when I can find a hard text copy. Do you have any family recipe?
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Family Recipes

I know........ how to make the most epic sandwich to exist.

Ingredients:
    Ham (Preferably whole ham straight off the bone but sliced prepacked ham is fine as long as its nice and thick)
    Mayo
    Mustard
    Lettuce (Or cabbage, spinach, something nice and green)
    A Toaster
    Bread
    Cheese
    Salt
    Pepper
    Parsley (VERY OPTIONAL ACQUIRED TASTE) I just like parsley ^^;
    Oven or Microwave or Microwave oven

You toast the bread slices (2).
    You warm up the ham slice
    After nice and toasty quickly apply a fine coat of mustard and mayo to each individual bread slice.
    You add your cheese of choice (I prefer pepperjack not American myself)
    You slap on the ham slice. (Nice and thick remember)
    You apply a correct amount of lettuce/spinach/cabbage so its not overwhelming but compliments the ham and cheese.
    You apply your salt and pepper inside the sandwich so it nicely melds in. (If you have parsley apply now if you want or forever hold your peace)
    Slap on the top bread.
    Cut into 2 triangles.
    Put on plate (Perhaps with some Dorritos and a coke)
    EAT

HAS RETURNEEEEDDD!!!! AlexandraTheZoroark's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My gramma's cornflake cookies. (Apparently, that is on of the few most bizzare recipes passed down in my family, aside from strawberry-flavored Jell-O with bananas on top!) Oh my Arceus. . . they taste so good. . . Sucks that I don't have the recipe, though :-<
    Formerly LucarioGirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkapoke View Post
    I am writing a paper on dakimakuras.

I've only written four paragraphs, but it's already five pages long...
    deviantART|Scratch|YouTube|Fanclub

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

We have a really good recipe for German pound cake that's been passed down from my mom's side for a really long time. I need to find it so I can post it here.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries

This is a recipe my family uses quite often that we stole from my dad's coworker, and it's a great one if I do say so myself. :P

Mini-Cheesecakes
    (For lack of a better name. xD)

Color-coded for prettiness convenience~

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Remind me to get the family's tomato/pasta soup from my grandmother mother. :D

Also my other grandmother's cheese eggplants.
    Last edited by Evil Figment; 19th July 2011 at 10:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Mainly the only thing passed down in my family is my Nana's super delicious Turkey Stuffing and Dressing
    She makes it with the giblets and neck of the turkey/toasted bread/celery/onions/garlic/bell pepper and i think a little bit of ground beef though i don't personally have the recipe on hand D:
    it is the most yummy thing in this world and will gladly pass on the leftover turkey meat for some bowls of stuffing and dressing :D

and the only other thing i can think of would be my mother's goulash, though i think it might be of the standard variety. i'm not sure, i haven't had anyone else's "version" of it to know :X

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Figment View Post
    Remind me to get the family's tomato/pasta soup from my grandmother mother. :D

Also my other grandmother's cheese eggplants.
    If I spam your inbox consistently with reminders, will I get an infraction :P

I keed I keed.
    Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post
    Mainly the only thing passed down in my family is my Nana's super delicious Turkey Stuffing and Dressing
    She makes it with the giblets and neck of the turkey/toasted bread/celery/onions/garlic/bell pepper and i think a little bit of ground beef though i don't personally have the recipe on hand D:
    it is the most yummy thing in this world and will gladly pass on the leftover turkey meat for some bowls of stuffing and dressing :D

and the only other thing i can think of would be my mother's goulash, though i think it might be of the standard variety. i'm not sure, i haven't had anyone else's "version" of it to know :X
    ....... forgive me for being ignorant but what is a goulash?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
    ....... forgive me for being ignorant but what is a goulash?
    Goulash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looking at that article now, i realize my mother makes it mostly the German/American way, though with lots of pasta noodles lol So ya, basically a thick stew of noodles, hamburger meat, paprika, sugar, onions, (sometimes potatoes), and other random items. It's kinda like the European's Gumbo :P

Goulash is also a slang term in some parts of the United States, particularly the South, for a dish made with miscellaneous left-overs. Noodles or potatoes are usually added thereafter.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

@yourlilemogirl I think I had something very similar to that except it went by a different name. It was actually really good.

Blog Entries

@Endeavor ya it's very good, and goes by a few different names depending on where you are from. But it's easy to make and can serve a lot of ppl and be spread out for over a week so that's a plus :D

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

My mum makes the best marinara sauce you will ever have. Next time I'm back in town I'll put a hard copy of the recipe down in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

@Hide in Plain Sight for some reason I read that as marijuana sauce on first read. My family has a couple of great recipes, both traditional Jewish food and good everyday cooking. I'll try to dig up a few to share with everyone over the next few weeks--let me know, especially, if there's interest in the Jewish food. I'll have to ask around for that, but it is worth it.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Blog Entries

My family has so many recipes that it's not even funny. Of course, the fact that my grandmother owned her own resturaunt and my parents worked there probably helped too.

But the best is a legendary rib sauce. There are no hard copies and no fixed amounts of ingredients so it cannot be replicated.

And another is my grandfather's dried pork belly. This is something that requires specialized equipment (mainly a type of rope made from banana fiber) AND the proper climate.

Of course, I added a new recipe: a highly complex lentil soup.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

I love you BMGf friends Milo†icgirl McQüeen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh god, you haven't lived until the day you've tased my mums baking and puddings.

Sticky Toffee Pudding
    Apple Crumble/ Strawberry Curmble/ Rhubarb and Ginger Crumble

And I'm starting to already have my own signature dish....Flapjacks and Rasberry Buns xD (Not pancakes btw)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast