I thought I'd share this advice anyway because these are absolutely delicious and easy to make, even if you're not good at cooking! They also can make you look like a pro to the uninformed ;)
Sorry about bad pic, I barely got one before my roommates and I devoured these like starving wolves.
8 piece crescent roll dough (from those cans at the grocery store - I used butter flake, but normal will work just fine!)
2 tbsp butter, melted
4 tbsp sugar
1 drop vanilla
cinnamon, to preference
1. Preheat oven to the recommended time on the can. Grease a baking sheet.
2. In the mean time, melt the butter and mix in the sugar. The mixture should be a thick paste - if it's too thin, add more sugar until it is. Add cinnamon and vanilla and mix until combined and even.
3. Unroll the crescent roll dough into triangles on a baking sheet. Then, coat them with a layer of the paste.
4. Now, roll the triangles up from the broadest side. Arrange them a few inches away on the baking sheet - they will get bigger, though how big depends on the brand of the dough.
5. Spread any leftover paste onto the top of the rolls, and dust them with cinnamon. Add your pecans now if you're using them.
6. Cook according to directions on roll can. Unless you made the paste very thin or very thick, you shouldn't have to extend or shorten the time.
7. Let cool and eat!